The United States has plenty of oil

What scarcity? I can drive the SUV down to the local convenience store towing a 500 gallon tank and fill it to the brim. Not a scarce in sight.

LOL... You sound like Mitt Romney here. Completely out of touch.

While we're all happy you're enduring the perpetual recession behind your gated community, unfortunately the world is having a very different reaction to the ever-raising price points, regardless of how you're faring in Texas, douche.

Stop using words you don't understand. While a parrot might be able to caw the word "reserves!" it certainly doesn't understand them. Which is how you developed your nickname, along with cutting and pasting from your betters (who you also don't understand).

Project much? You're the one lost in a cogitive dissonance loop. You've been exposed many times over throughout this forum. Repeating the same tired ploy against the poster who routinely educates you as you go along isn't saving you.

You suck at this, which was evident the day you tried to pretend EROEI wasn't a relevant term when comparing energy density.

Neither do you apparently. So now heavy crude oil isn't oil, but it is synthetic oil? What, little elves converted real oil into heavy crude and morons like you pretend it isn't oil anymore?

We've been over this, denial clown. Bitumen is not light crude. It has to be refined, and is about 1/3 as efficient. You and Team Nothing To See Here in conjunction with Team Never Plan can expand the definition of "all liquids" all you like in order to pretend there's plenty for decades. ... Doesn't change the FACT that the good stuff -- the stuff western civilization is built upon - has peaked and is set for imminent decline, based on the nosedive of discovery rates. Unless you'd like to switch gears back to your laughable claim that these mature (dying) fields are all gonna magically refill themselves. Yes, whip up a little more Stephen Gorelick abiotic theory, if you would. LOL...

Peak is here. Sorry, "industry insider." .... This is the unified consensus of a mind-boggling array of international entities -- including the Autralian, German and British governments' energy think tanks, and our own Pentagon -- which you are convinced are all lying. LOL.

You're spreading disinformation across this forum, and you hate that your "play with numbers" arguments don't pass the sniff test.

Face it:
1) you have no real idea how energy drives the global economy
2) you have no honest grasp of net energy and why it matters
3) you selectively reject basic arithmetic in your attempt at analysis
4) 90% of your argument is the ironic tactic of repeating "parrot" over and over again.

Tell the forum again how meeting global demand with ever increasing amounts of oil and gas baked from rock and clay will be sustainable. Can't wait.

If you can't actually be a man and flesh out a reasonable essay for once how heavy oils can maintain capitalism, your empty default response will speak for itself.

Delete yourself. You suck at life.

Last edited:
Yup.

The hydrocarbon energy crises is a tad overstated, that's for damned sure.

The USA energy cabals are already developing the infastrurcture to get hyrdocarbon energy products OUT of the USA.

Meanwhile despite lower demand and higher supplies the specualtors are driving up the price of energy in the USA.

Market farces once again dopeslap the consumers.

We've been over this, denial clown. Bitumen is not light crude. It has to be refined, and is about 1/3 as efficient.

Just for the amusement of those here who actually know something about the various types of crude oil/bitumen/kerogen (versus the parrots like you), can you please explain why the origin of what we put in our gas tanks matters in the least? Did you object to the price or quality the last time you put any of this nasty bitumen based fuel in your gas tank? Did you even know you were doing it?

JiggsCasey said:
Doesn't change the FACT that the good stuff -- the stuff western civilization is built upon - has peaked and is set for imminent decline, based on the nosedive of discovery rates.

Would you care to reference when Hubbert first claimed that we were running out of the good stuff? I'll give you a clue...it was before 1949. Do you agree with him that we ran out of the good stuff before WWII? Notice, I gave you another clue. Let me guess....you have never parroted this information before (not that you remember what you parrot, as demonstrated by past examples on this very board) and are completely unaware that he ever said such a thing.

JiggsCasey said:
Tell the forum again how meeting global demand with ever increasing amounts of oil and gas baked from rock and clay will be sustainable. Can't wait.

I never told the forum any such thing the first time, therefore I certainly can't do it again parrot. I recommend less parroting, more learning.

This often happens when quoting people who know next to nothing about how such numbers are tallied, such as articles written by journalists, or those with an advocacy position but no actual knowledge on the topic.

Forum List

Back