Is it deliberate??

Discussion in 'Energy' started by naturegirl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Is the rise in gas prices a deliberate attempt to force US Citizens to jump on board with alternative energy??

Everyone is worried about increasing taxes, but what about the hit to the lower and middle class on gas prices??

How high will these prices go?? I'm hearing $5.00 by Summer. So far, it's right on track.

Will alternative energy be forced down our throats because we can't afford the cost of oil?? Is that part of a bigger plan??

0bama never mentions gas prices, it's not on his campaign agenda as far as I can tell.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Its called culling profits

3. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Explain to me what you mean. How do YOU define culling profits??

4. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,392
    It's called freezing the poor in winter and staving the poor with higher food prices.

5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    Who's raising the prices? We haven't raised Federal taxes, so how could Obama be blamed? Seems you should be questioning the oil companies, not the government. :cool:

6. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    The oil companies are raising prices because they can, which is what all for-profit companies do. But the question is WHY they can. I suggest you take another look at the concept of peak oil. With demand throughout the world rising, and production unable to keep pace with it, a rise in prices is what happens. A conspiracy, either by the evil gub'mint or the evil oil companies, is unnecessary as an explanation.

7. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    One of the main tenants of the purely capitalist dogma is to get as much profit as possible and create an environment where that is possible. In this country the government does not set prices. If the oil in this country was nationalized you would have a point...it is not..therefore your question is irrelevant.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    So you are advancing a theory that OBAMA and the energy companies are colluding (conspiring) to jack up the price of energy even as the election looms large?

Yeah, you might want to RETHINK that theory, NG.

I'm reasonably sure that , if anything, Obama would be trying to keep energy costs down as the election gets closer.

Unless you think that Obama and the oil companies and both major parties are all conspiring against the American people, your theory really doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  9. RGR

RGR VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +133
    That will only work if the person you are making the suggestion to is an idiot, naturally gullible, or looking for a religion to join up with. Otherwise all this will cause is some quiet giggling I imagine.

10. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,479
    Gasoline prices are based on what the commodities market thinks the market value will be at some point in the future. Saber rattling by Iran, no real plan to increase domestic oil production, and obama blocking the pipeline have caused a spike. The President has the power to drop gasoline prices by probably 30 cents a gallon simply by approving the pipeline and getting some drilling permits issued. My guess is that he will wait until July and approve an "amended" pipeline plan and hand out a bunch of drilling permits. By mid October, gas will be down.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2