The Uninhabitable Earth

HAHAHAHAHaaaa... what a BUFFOON!

1) Convection occurs in any atmosphere when the pressure is >10kPa?!?!?!? - you don't appear to even understand convection. It has no pressure dependency at all!
2) Auto compression? What the fuck is that supposed to be?
3) Again, convection has no pressure dependency. It is flow driven by DENSITY differences created by localized heating or cooling
4) What about the other 50% of that "massive Venusian atmosphere"? You know, the half that is ASCENDING?

God are you stupid. AND A FUCKING TROLL

HAHAHAHAHaaaa... what a BUFFOON!

1) Convection occurs in any atmosphere when the pressure is >10kPa?!?!?!? - you don't appear to even understand convection. It has no pressure dependency at all!
2) Auto compression? What the fuck is that supposed to be?
3) Again, convection has no pressure dependency. It is flow driven by DENSITY differences created by localized heating or cooling
4) What about the other 50% of that "massive Venusian atmosphere"? You know, the half that is ASCENDING?

God are you stupid. AND A FUCKING TROLL

Go learn something skid mark, and you won't need to ask such stupid questions...unfortunate that your faith rules out actual science...

Here is just a little help to get you started on your way to actually learning something...a paper al about auto compression...and its very real effect on temperature.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...OAL_MINES_IN_JHARIA_COAL_FIELD_-_A_CASE_STUDY

As I just said, god are you fucking stupid. Mine shafts?

As I have noted to you more than once, for every mole of gas in the Earth's atmosphere that descends to a higher pressure, a mole ascends to lower pressures. Pressure does NOT heat the Earth's atmosphere. You'd have to be a complete idiot to make such a contention. Or else a motherfucking

TROLL

As I just said, god are you fucking stupid. Mine shafts?

As I have noted to you more than once, for every mole of gas in the Earth's atmosphere that descends to a higher pressure, a mole ascends to lower pressures. Pressure does NOT heat the Earth's atmosphere. You'd have to be a complete idiot to make such a contention. Or else a motherfucking

TROLL

And yet, there is the evidence right there in that paper....and you never did tell me why you think the floor of the grand canyon is so much warmer than the rim when the only difference is altitude...auto compression is your answer...right there in your face and you reject it because it doesn't conform with your beliefs...

Engineer my ass..

[You are so far off the mark on this hairball

And you run, again. But then, you always run from everyone who debunks your idiot pseudoscience, so nobody was surprised.

For everyone's amusement, let's continue to try to pin down exactly what your insane theory is, one step at a time. This is the problem with you. Your theory flips and flops to whatever you want it to be at any given instant, making it difficult to argue against it.

You stated that CO2 absorbs IR.

Do you agree this means that increased CO2 levels will mean higher temperature in the atmosphere? Or do you deny conservation of energy?

And you run, again. But then, you always run from everyone who debunks your idiot pseudoscience, so nobody was surprised.

It is quaint the way you apparently actually believe that people believe your bullshit...

You stated that CO2 absorbs IR.[/qiopte]

Of course hairball...CO2 absorbs IR...then, it immediately emits that energy, or it, more often, loses the energy to a collision with another molecule..ususally O2 or N2.

Do you agree this means that increased CO2 levels will mean higher temperature in the atmosphere? Or do you deny conservation of energy?

One doesn't prelude the other...the fact is that CO2 does not have the capacity to hold on to energy....it ether emits what it absorbs or loses it to another molecule...again, O2 or N2...CO2 doesn't warm due to IR absorption and emission...

I suggest that you do a bit of research into the infrared heating industry...they ave proven quite clearly that infrared energy does not...can not warm the air...IR warms objects, not the air. That is why it is such an efficient means of heating large spaces...energy is only expended heating objects in the room...not the air...

It is quaint the way you apparently actually believe that people believe your bullshit...

You stated that CO2 absorbs IR.[/qiopte]

Of course hairball...CO2 absorbs IR...then, it immediately emits that energy, or it, more often, loses the energy to a collision with another molecule..ususally O2 or N2.

One doesn't prelude the other...the fact is that CO2 does not have the capacity to hold on to energy....it ether emits what it absorbs or loses it to another molecule...again, O2 or N2...CO2 doesn't warm due to IR absorption and emission...

I suggest that you do a bit of research into the infrared heating industry...they ave proven quite clearly that infrared energy does not...can not warm the air...IR warms objects, not the air. That is why it is such an efficient means of heating large spaces...energy is only expended heating objects in the room...not the air...

the fact is that CO2 does not have the capacity to hold on to energy....

What orifice did you pull that out of?
Of course CO2 can "hold onto energy".
Otherwise all the CO2 would be lying on the surface as dry ice.

infrared energy does not...can not warm the air...IR warms objects, not the air.

And you're basing this moronic claim on industrial space heaters?
Space heaters which are run at what temperature again? LOL!

So, you're saying the CO2 absorbs IR and then warms the surrounding atmosphere. Okay.

I suggest that you do a bit of research into the infrared heating industry...they ave proven quite clearly that infrared energy does not...can not warm the air...

And now you immediately flipflop.

You just said CO2 absorbs IR and then warms the surrounding air, now you say CO2 can't warm the surrounding air.

As even you don't know what your idiot theory says, how can anyone else know?

It is absolutely time to panic about climate change

Author David Wallace-Wells on the dystopian hellscape that awaits us

"It is, I promise, worse than you think."

That was the fist line of David Wallace-Wells horrifying 2017 essay in New York Magazine* about climate change. It ws an attempt to pain a very real picture of our not-too-distant future, a future filled with famines, political chaos, economic collapse, fierce resource competition and a sun that cooks us

* When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

Wallace-Wells has developed his essay into a new book: The Uninhabitable Earth.

You should check out the Vox article at the top link. The first of many points: the difference between constraining the temperature rise to 1.5C rather than 2C would be the deaths of 150 million people, from air pollution alone.

Your religion worships a false god.

No..the flip flop resides within your interpretation of what I said rather than what I actually said.

You just said CO2 absorbs IR and then warms the surrounding air, now you say CO2 can't warm the surrounding air.

I didn't say anything at all about warming the air...I said that energy is transferred either by emission or conduction...

I have no theory...it is you wack jobs that have invented a theory and then ascribed it to me...I am merely going with the observed, measured evidence...

No..the flip flop resides within your interpretation of what I said rather than what I actually said.

I didn't say anything at all about warming the air...I said that energy is transferred either by emission or conduction...

I have no theory...it is you wack jobs that have invented a theory and then ascribed it to me...I am merely going with the observed, measured evidence...

Conduction....which warms the air.
Emission, which sometimes, travels back toward the surface.

Glad you finally get it!

I have no theory...

Your moronic epicycles should not be called a theory.

So, tell us more about your groundbreaking new physics.

In what form does the surrounding air hold the transferred energy, if not by warming?

The air is warmed via conduction hairball...not via radiation...infrared radiation can not warm the air..You get that conduction is different than radiation I hope...and since conduction is the means by which the air is warmed, and the primary means by which energy is moved through the troposphere, a radiative greenhouse effect as described by climate science is not possible...

The air is warmed via conduction hairball...not via radiation...infrared radiation can not warm the air..You get that conduction is different than radiation I hope...and since conduction is the means by which the air is warmed, and the primary means by which energy is moved through the troposphere, a radiative greenhouse effect as described by climate science is not possible...

infrared radiation can not warm the air.

Funnier every time you post it.

a radiative greenhouse effect as described by climate science is not possible...

I don't know what that is.
I know that the surface emits IR. GHGs absorb IR and that absorption warms the atmosphere.

I gave you all you needed....but here it is again as if you would be capable of grasping it this time....it goes against what you believe so you reject it...never mind that the numbers prove the point...

Quite simply; temperature is just a measure of the average kinetic energy of the particles in a gas. Convection occurs in any atmosphere when the pressure is >10kPa.

Convection (and the action of auto-compression) causes potential energy to convert enthalpy, pressure and hence to kinetic energy in the 50% of gas that is descending in the Venusian atmosphere. This occurs in accord with the following equation;

H = PV + U

Where;
H = enthalpy (J/kg)
P = pressure (Pa)
V = specific volume (m³)
U = specific internal energy (kinetic energy)

50% of the huge mass of the Venusian atmosphere holds a LOT of potential energy, hence the 16,000W/m2 at surface.

Yes, we know the surface of Venus is close to 900 degrees, but your explanation of that is crap and a non sequitur smoke screen as far as explaining where the 16,000 W/m2 goes.

You really don't know what happens to the surface radiation of 6,000 W/m2.

That was the fist line of David Wallace-Wells horrifying 2017 essay in New York Magazine* about climate change. It ws an attempt to pain a very real picture of our not-too-distant future, a future filled with famines, political chaos, economic collapse, fierce resource competition and a sun that cooks us

* When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

You should check out the Vox article at the top link. The first of many points: the difference between constraining the temperature rise to 1.5C rather than 2C would be the deaths of 150 million people, from air pollution alone.

Well then, PANIC ALREADY!!!

:lol:

Strangely, everyone who supposedly believes that manmade climate change is going to cause TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) never act like they are preparing for TEOTWAWKI. In fact, they are doing the exact opposite.

You want me to believe that you believe this crap? Show me by your actions.

I am trying to get everyone to understand the risk we face and act to stop it. If you think the proper response to news of this sort is to say your prayers and then kiss your ass goodbye, then I'm afraid you're a useless coward and there's not much point talking to you.
what is the risk and where is your evidence to support whatever it is you post? I mean, do you ever have any evidence?

BTW, what is your solution? a big vacuum to suck the CO2 from the atmosphere and kill all the plants that will then kill the oxygen and then kill us all? wow dude, you are truly lost and on an island.

You expect a political creature like this to sort thru the noise and chaff and find any REAL SCIENCE?? It's LITERATURE.. NewYorker style.. Some of those" Sunrise" 6th graders could write climate horror fictions as well...

Here's where HIS head is at... At the Slate "news and politics" desk...

Betting on the House

Yes, it's better to rely on the experts like Alex Jones, and Steve Doocy for real science.
who relies on them?

And we should be buried under miles thick sheets of ice, as predicted in the '70s.

I was old enough in the 70's to remember that we'd all be dead before the year 2000 because of the upcoming Ice Age destroying our ability to grow crops. That's what the "Scientists", "Experts" and media told us.

And then in the 80's, we'd all die of radiation in 10 years because of the Ozone Hole caused by spray cans. That's what the "Scientists", "Experts" and media told us. Well, look at me. I made it to 2019 and I only glow in the dark a little bit. (The wife thinks it's cute).

Didn't buy it then as a teenager. Not buying it now as an old curmudgeon.

Oldest game in the book: Create fear to gain control. That's how you move cattle, sheep and morons.

Seems to be the tactic Trump is using to justify that wall. DISEASED BROWN RAPISTS AND MURDERERS ARE COMING!!!
there is evidence. you don't like evidence? Curious, are you saying you never heard of MS13?

And we should be buried under miles thick sheets of ice, as predicted in the '70s.

I was old enough in the 70's to remember that we'd all be dead before the year 2000 because of the upcoming Ice Age destroying our ability to grow crops. That's what the "Scientists", "Experts" and media told us.

And then in the 80's, we'd all die of radiation in 10 years because of the Ozone Hole caused by spray cans. That's what the "Scientists", "Experts" and media told us. Well, look at me. I made it to 2019 and I only glow in the dark a little bit. (The wife thinks it's cute).

Didn't buy it then as a teenager. Not buying it now as an old curmudgeon.

Oldest game in the book: Create fear to gain control. That's how you move cattle, sheep and morons.

Seems to be the tactic Trump is using to justify that wall. DISEASED BROWN RAPISTS AND MURDERERS ARE COMING!!!
there is evidence. you don't like evidence? Curious, are you saying you never heard of MS13?

Denying the right for immigrants to apply for amnesty won't effect MS13 numbers.

Forum List

Back