The UN must be disbanded

Sure it has. Most notably during the Cuban missile crisis. And the UN sends peacekeepers, doctors and provisions to trouble spots around the world.

Yet massive human populations are still dying due to starvation and disease.

And you are telling us the UN is what stopped the Cuban Missle crisis? Seriously?

The UN is active in peacekeeping roles around the world. Don't you know that?

List of United Nations peacekeeping missions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not necessarily for the UN - I have no real opinion - but to say they do nothing like some on this thread are saying is staggering ignorance.

The concept was good, the execution is what sucks.

And you are telling us the UN is what stopped the Cuban Missle crisis? Seriously?

I am not necessarily for the UN - I have no real opinion - but to say they do nothing like some on this thread are saying is staggering ignorance.

The concept was dumb. Noble, but dumb.

-SporK

Flopper...who has a john birch society card around here? There are a lot of people on both sides that think the UN is a joke these days. It isn't just a righty thing.
We find ourselves in the middle of globalization. Our need to work with the rest of world was never greater. It would be a disastrous mistake for the US to walk away from the UN. It would signal a move to isolationism.

As far as UN accomplishments, the list is quite long, Major UN achievements

Exactly how or importantly why do we need to work with the rest of the world? WHat is it we are trying to accomplish from this effort and why do we need the UN to do so? And what does globalization have to do with it?

As far as your UN accomplishments link, did you fail to notice the source? Do you actually think that the UN would tell that they don't do jack fucking shit? But for shits and giggles lets examine their top accomplishment:

"Maintaining peace and security - By having deployed a total of 54 peace-keeping forces and observer missions as of September 2001, the United Nations has been able to restore calm to allow the negotiating process to go forward while saving millions of people from becoming casualties of conflicts. There are presently 15 active peace-keeping forces in operation. "

You know what this says? Absolutely fucking nothing. Not only do they not list where these forces are, they do not list why they are needed. As for "saving millions of people from becoming casualties of conflics"...well i just laughed at that.

Basically they said "we do stuff." Kudos.

I didn't read the rest of their non-sense.

-SporK
Why do we need to work with the rest of the world?
Well for starters..

Approximate half of our debt is held outside the US.

45% of the oil we use is imported.

Foreign entities own 16 trillion dollars of the US. We own 13 trillion in foreign countries.
Foreign ownership of U.S. corporations - SourceWatch

We depend heavily on intelligence from abroad to keep this country safe from terrorism.

Approximately 50% of the assets of corporation operating in the US are foreign owned.

Then there are the US trade, tax, defense, deportation, immigration, intelligence sharing, and extradition agreements, just to name a few.

As a member of the UN, we are party to a number of agreements which include the World Health Organization, International Atomic Energy Agency, World Intellectuality properties, Telecommunications Union, World Bank, and many others.
Agreements with the UN system organizations - United Nations System | UNESCo_Org

And you ask why do we need the rest of the world? Your question might of been relevant a century ago, but not today.

What is a peacekeeping role? Do you not realize that you cannot have a peacekeeping roll if you send 300 poorly trained soldiers to defend 100 retarded UNICEF workers as they hand out food in 3rd world countries in hopes that the entire personnel isn't murdered and raped by thugs of the local warlord? Do you not realize that peacekeeping operations are a joke? Even if I agree with you and the supposed need for such operations, even if I claim that the UN is doing fantastic work across the world, it would still be the equivalent of buying a walmart to sell a dozen paper plates. Unfortunately, their missions are total garbage and change nothing.

-SporK

Generally, UN peacekeeping missions have been very successful at maintaining and enforcing peace in war-torn areas. The UN is able to broker agreements between hostile sides, and the UN is seen as an honest-broker when there often isn't one.

Such as?

Such as? Such as the UN is way too dependent on the USA. Such as following the money once it's dispersed. The billions given should have improved the masses and not just the selected. Such as trying to redistribute our wealth on a global scale and for the love of God it was never intended to create the selected global warmning debacle. I think that would be for starters, Toro

Such as?

Such as? Such as the UN is way too dependent on the USA. Such as following the money once it's dispersed. The billions given should have improved the masses and not just the selected. Such as trying to redistribute our wealth on a global scale and for the love of God it was never intended to create the selected global warmning debacle. I think that would be for starters, Toro

Billions? The UN carries out the interest of the United States around the world, on the cheap. We get to have an international force of peace keepers move into areas vital to our national interests and for the most part, keep them from desending into total war..or worse anarchy. We have a component of the UN that does nuclear inspections. The UN allows for sanctions on countries that don't follow the US agenda. Add in it adds the the Prestige of the United States that the world has to come to New York City to have conferences.

If anything..the UN is a huge bargain.

Such as?

I thought you were referring to specifically to peacekeeping. I am agnostic on the UN. I referred to peacekeeping as one good thing the UN does in response to the argument that the UN does nothing good, which is asinine. But I am agnostic on the UN in general for the reasons you cited.

I thought you were referring to specifically to peacekeeping. I am agnostic on the UN. I referred to peacekeeping as one good thing the UN does in response to the argument that the UN does nothing good, which is asinine. But I am agnostic on the UN in general for the reasons you cited.

The UN like most organizations is a mixed bag. They do good (whether the ill-informed choose to stuff their fingers in their ears about it or not), they screw the pooch.

Any realistic argument over the UN needs to evaluate the actual benefits against the actual costs and determine whether disbanding it entirely, withdrawing from it and allowing its agenda to go on without US involvement, reforming it or maintaining the status quo is the best option.

There are pros and cons to all courses of action. I don't have a firm opinion on it, myself. I tend to lean toward reform, but it would be a massive undertaking.

What really sucks is the percentage of the monies that are from the US. What really sucks is that most of the nations are run by a bunch of dictators or by tyranny. What really does suck is the fact that these so called governments syphon off our funds for their own pleasure which creates your mass starvation in the world. Get a grip on reality son....because you're the one that is brain dead. See, you really do suck.

A. Shorty..I ain't your son.

B. Lots of those "dictators" are the result of both overt and covert actions of super powers, like the United States.

C. What keeps the world from a "re-do" of WWI, in which multiple secret alliances caused a chain re-action, is a place like the UN. Which has also talked down many tense situations between super powers. It is very likely the biosphere of this planet would have been radically altered had their not been a place to talk things out.

D. Shorty..this is a great country. Even a stupid person like yourself..can own a computer and type nonsense.

the folks at Srebrenica would disagree with your assessment. As far as the superpowers being talked down off the ledge, they didn't need the UN to do that. Any meetings of substance were conducted behind the scenes, not at UN HQ. If anything, the Soviets used the UN for their own gains.

It is a corrupt, morally bankrupt organization that has been overstepping its bounds for the last decade or so. If you want to keep it, fine, but we must leave it to protect our own soverignty...

What is a peacekeeping role? Do you not realize that you cannot have a peacekeeping roll if you send 300 poorly trained soldiers to defend 100 retarded UNICEF workers as they hand out food in 3rd world countries in hopes that the entire personnel isn't murdered and raped by thugs of the local warlord? Do you not realize that peacekeeping operations are a joke? Even if I agree with you and the supposed need for such operations, even if I claim that the UN is doing fantastic work across the world, it would still be the equivalent of buying a walmart to sell a dozen paper plates. Unfortunately, their missions are total garbage and change nothing.

-SporK

Generally, UN peacekeeping missions have been very successful at maintaining and enforcing peace in war-torn areas. The UN is able to broker agreements between hostile sides, and the UN is seen as an honest-broker when there often isn't one.

Yessiree Bob......like the way the UN, and it's leadership was in the Baghdad Psycho's pocket.

Like voting for the Islamofascist Terrorists EVERYTIME they were confronted with Israel.....our ONLY true Ally in the Mid East.

Like electing Ghaddafi the sponsor of the Lockerbie Terrorism airplane Disaster......UN's Chairman of Human Rights Affairs.

This position, Chairman of HUMAN RIGHTS, in the UN held by possibly the the GREATEST BUTCHER in African History Idi Amin !!!!

You, and the fucking UN should be congratulated for your perception.

Last edited:
I can understand gaytrauma's hostility to the UN. There are darkies involved!

Toroshit:

OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS !!!!!

SSSSSOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEEE !!!!

Them thar darkies, especially like the BUTCHER OF AFRICA Idi Amin....... Chairman of UN's HUMAN RIGHTS (ret)......should ALWAYS get a FREE PASS.

A sorta AFFIRMATIVE ACTION thingee.

Last edited:

-SporK

Yessiree Bob......like the way the UN, and it's leadership was in the Baghdad Psycho's pocket.

Like voting for the Islamofascist Terrorists EVERYTIME they were confronted with Israel.....our ONLY true Ally in the Mid East.

Like electing Ghaddafi the sponsor of the Lockerbie Terrorism airplane Disaster......UN's Chairman of Human Rights Affairs.

This position, Chairman of HUMAN RIGHTS, in the UN held by possibly the the GREATEST BUTCHER in African History Idi Amin !!!!

Idi Amin is dead, pal.

Idi Amin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We find ourselves in the middle of globalization. Our need to work with the rest of world was never greater. It would be a disastrous mistake for the US to walk away from the UN. It would signal a move to isolationism.

As far as UN accomplishments, the list is quite long, Major UN achievements

Exactly how or importantly why do we need to work with the rest of the world? WHat is it we are trying to accomplish from this effort and why do we need the UN to do so? And what does globalization have to do with it?

As far as your UN accomplishments link, did you fail to notice the source? Do you actually think that the UN would tell that they don't do jack fucking shit? But for shits and giggles lets examine their top accomplishment:

"Maintaining peace and security - By having deployed a total of 54 peace-keeping forces and observer missions as of September 2001, the United Nations has been able to restore calm to allow the negotiating process to go forward while saving millions of people from becoming casualties of conflicts. There are presently 15 active peace-keeping forces in operation. "

You know what this says? Absolutely fucking nothing. Not only do they not list where these forces are, they do not list why they are needed. As for "saving millions of people from becoming casualties of conflics"...well i just laughed at that.

Basically they said "we do stuff." Kudos.

I didn't read the rest of their non-sense.

-SporK
Why do we need to work with the rest of the world?
Well for starters..

Approximate half of our debt is held outside the US.

45% of the oil we use is imported.

Foreign entities own 16 trillion dollars of the US. We own 13 trillion in foreign countries.

We depend heavily on intelligence from abroad to keep this country safe from terrorism.

Approximately 50% of the assets of corporation operating in the US are foreign owned.

Then there are the US trade, tax, defense, deportation, immigration, intelligence sharing, and extradition agreements, just to name a few.

As a member of the UN, we are party to a number of agreements which include the World Health Organization, International Atomic Energy Agency, World Intellectuality properties, Telecommunications Union, World Bank, and many others.
Agreements with the UN system organizations - United Nations System | UNESCo_Org

And you ask why do we need the rest of the world? Your question might of been relevant a century ago, but not today.

Why do you need the UN because 45% of our oil is imported? Everything you listed is why we have the DFA.

As a member of the UN, we are party to a number of foolishness. From your list:

"The World Tourism Organization plays a role in promoting the development of responsible, ‎sustainable and universally accessible tourism, paying particular attention to the ‎interests of developing countries‎.

The Organization encourages the implementation ‎of the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, with a view to ensuring that member ‎countries, tourist destinations and businesses maximize the positive economic, ‎social and cultural effects of tourism and fully reap its benefits, while minimizing its ‎negative social and environmental impacts.

UNWTO is committed to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals, geared ‎toward reducing poverty and fostering sustainable development."

WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DO? How do you promote the development of responsible tourism? Do you hand out pamphlets in the congo saying don't kill the americans?

They "promote" and "encourage" Seriously, I laughed. And then the best part is that the organization for tourism is geared to reducing poverty? That's the exclamation mark.

Let me encourage and promote the complete fucking disbanding of this useless organization.

-SporK

The do so much for the world.

What is it exactly that they do for the world? What?

-SporK

You really do need to keep up with current events. The United Nations at a Glance

What is this supposed to tell me? That they waste money? I already knew that. Why don't you pick out exactly what you find relevant and link it directly or paste it here. Try finding an alternative source first, though.

-SporK

Idi Amin is dead, pal.

Idi Amin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Callow Sallow,

I know that, pal.

And, of course, that absolves the UN from being the POS that it is.........

I know, I know......"it really is that simple".

Last edited:

Billions? The UN carries out the interest of the United States around the world, on the cheap. We get to have an international force of peace keepers move into areas vital to our national interests and for the most part, keep them from desending into total war..or worse anarchy. We have a component of the UN that does nuclear inspections. The UN allows for sanctions on countries that don't follow the US agenda. Add in it adds the the Prestige of the United States that the world has to come to New York City to have conferences.

If anything..the UN is a huge bargain.

This is single handidly the dumbest post I have written on this website. Kudos.

-SporK

What really sucks is the percentage of the monies that are from the US. What really sucks is that most of the nations are run by a bunch of dictators or by tyranny. What really does suck is the fact that these so called governments syphon off our funds for their own pleasure which creates your mass starvation in the world. Get a grip on reality son....because you're the one that is brain dead. See, you really do suck.

A. Shorty..I ain't your son.

B. Lots of those "dictators" are the result of both overt and covert actions of super powers, like the United States.

C. What keeps the world from a "re-do" of WWI, in which multiple secret alliances caused a chain re-action, is a place like the UN. Which has also talked down many tense situations between super powers. It is very likely the biosphere of this planet would have been radically altered had their not been a place to talk things out.

D. Shorty..this is a great country. Even a stupid person like yourself..can own a computer and type nonsense.

the folks at Srebrenica would disagree with your assessment. As far as the superpowers being talked down off the ledge, they didn't need the UN to do that. Any meetings of substance were conducted behind the scenes, not at UN HQ. If anything, the Soviets used the UN for their own gains.

It is a corrupt, morally bankrupt organization that has been overstepping its bounds for the last decade or so. If you want to keep it, fine, but we must leave it to protect our own soverignty...

The folks in Iraq probably would disagree with my assessment as well..since they got the royal shaft.

Be that as it may. We've been in it for nearly a century..with sovereignty intact.

New Topics

Forum List

Back