'The UAE gave me my start': Why Iraqi rapper Narcy's Sole DXB set sees him come 'full circle'

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011

We then hear Narcy’s voice on the track – in both Arabic and English – providing context to what’s happening in his homeland. Over thumping oriental drums and looped oud riffs provided by Iraqi producer Sandhill, Narcy shouts out all the cities engulfed in protests while slamming the global response to the unrest. “I hear the international silence / they fear our science and history / and try to deny us more than a world’s messiahs.”

The song is accompanied by a video, directed by Narcy, that is from images of the protests. “The whole thing came together in four days. I wrote the lyrics in the studio and was editing the video before the song was even mixed,” he says. “I added the English verse in there to address the media in the West who have been in silent in what is going on in Iraq. It is me telling them, ‘I hear your silence because you have denied the richness of our history as you always have.’”
'The UAE gave me my start': Why Iraqi rapper Narcy's Sole DXB set sees him come 'full circle'

I have never heard of this guy.

Forum List

Back