The U.S. soldier/hostage in Iraq....

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
lives very close to us. His town is about a half an hour away from us in Batavia,Ohio. I keep seeing that vido of him and get more and more upset. The fear in his eyes says it all. There is also a truck driver that I think is from Ohio too being held over there. It seems to have hit home hard,and although there have been a few threads allready about it,I keep wondering what we are waiting for? Are they planning a big attack? I know there are other hostages and people missing,as well as the Italian that was killed.Now Osama has put out a new video which a lot of people feel may be sending a signal of some sort. I feel things are gearing up on their side and something is going to happen. Meanwhile,the U.S. is talking about nothing but the stupid biased 9-11 commission which has now proven itself to be a joke. I look at it like this-we have a U.S. soldier and civilians being held hostage,and where is the media? SOme are talking about it,but not all. Deborah Norville last night celebrated Sesame Street being 35. That is great and all,but I was sitting there thinking about all these hostages and why weren't they getting that kind of coverage? Once and for all,the time has come to move in and take care of these rebels and problem cities-it's getting out of hand. My husband suggested last night that maybe when all the looting was going on way back when over there,the looters should have been shot on sight,then they would be shuddering,and to afraidto behave like this. a little more military muscle or good ol gun power isneededIMO!

I've heard of Batavia, but I can't quite remember where it's at. Is that down by Columbus?

I'm not sure why this sort of thing is pre-empted by news about things like "The Apprentice", and I hope this kid is returned safely.

I realize it may send the wrong message to any other militant groups, but what would be wrong with a prisoner transfer....

....but I would suggest some preparation of the person we are releasing. I'm sure we can place some sort of homing beacon inside the guy, and perhaps even hook some sort of hearing device.

....and of course a grenade inside his skull. Or perhaps a small low yield nuclear device in his body cavity....

If these people are going to freely accept a prisoner we have had previous isolated access too, it might not be such a bad idea to take advantage of that.

Batavia is about 30 miles east of Cincinnati. I grew up in nearby Amelia, so we're talking about my old stomping grounds. That young man and his family are in my prayers.

I saw on the news today that the families were told by the military to keep a low profile. They don't want any media coverage to interfere with his release. It just seems the POW's from before got more coverage and I am really worried about thid guy and wanting to know what is going on. Probably it's best I guess that we don't know too much,so nothing gets messed up. Please pray for him and all other hostages right now.

Just an update....Jesse Jackson is now on the case-praise the Lord! Geese, I wish he would stay out of this. The family isn't even supposed to talk to the media,and now he wants to talk to the rebels through Al Jazera or whatever the Hell that joke of a news station is over there. He must be seeing some extortion in this somewhere....he hasn't even called the family for their approval,let alone talked to the government. Anarchy for Jesse!

Forum List

Back