The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

The truth about the atom bomb?

My father had been an infantryman in Europe.

After VE Day he had plenty of points to be sent home.

However, his division was alerted for possible relocation to the Pacific.

The truth was that he was damn glad when the Japs surrender after being nuked. Damn glad.
My father was in the phillipines preparing for a ground invasion of Japan, Millions would have died on both sides, Truman saved more lives than the bombs took. He made the hard decision and ended the war, he was a great man and president.

My father was in the phillipines preparing for a ground invasion of Japan, Millions would have died on both sides, Truman saved more lives than the bombs took. He made the hard decision and ended the war, he was a great man and president.
The goddamn Japs sealed their fate at Okinawa. They decided to fight to the last man and inflicted tremendous casualties on the Americans. Thinking that it would discourage them from invading.

The Americans decided they weren't going to play that game anymore. The Japs paid the price for their stupidity.

By the time Okinawa was over the Japs had been defeated. Their navy was decimated and their capacity for war production was greatly minimized. They should have negotiated a surrender but they didn't. They paid the price with the fire bombings and the nukes.

War ain't cool. It really sucks when the other side has the capacity to give you serious payback and there isn't much you can do about it. Of course the best thing is if you don't want to get shit then don't start shit.

There never was any need for a ground invasion.

The goddamn Japs sealed their fate at Okinawa. They decided to fight to the last man and inflicted tremendous casualties on the Americans. Thinking that it would discourage them from invading.

The Americans decided they weren't going to play that game anymore. The Japs paid the price for their stupidity.

By the time Okinawa was over the Japs had been defeated. Their navy was decimated and their capacity for war production was greatly minimized. They should have negotiated a surrender but they didn't. They paid the price with the fire bombings and the nukes.

War ain't cool. It really sucks when the other side has the capacity to give you serious payback and there isn't much you can do about it. Of course the best thing is if you don't want to get shit then don't start shit.
Except that we probably should not use the term “Japs” anymore — since that war is long over and the Japanese people aren’t our enemies these days, I agree.

I know unkotare disagrees. But his disagreement is of no particular value. He refuses to grasp what is clearly the truth.

There never was any need for a ground invasion.
Ya we should have starved them out millions of dead civilians and the Japanese army not effected because they took all the food and heating materials, of course that would have taken at least a year or more to accomplish and by then the Soviets would be leading their own invasion.

Ya we should have starved them out millions of dead civilians and the Japanese army not effected because they took all the food and heating materials, of course that would have taken at least a year or more to accomplish and by then the Soviets would be leading their own invasion.
OHH look unkotore thinks the Japanese weren't starving their civilians and he claims to be a teacher,

How about just go home?

Doofus.

Except that we probably should not use the term “Japs” anymore — since that war is long over and the Japanese people aren’t our enemies these days, I agree.

I know unkotare disagrees. But his disagreement is of no particular value. He refuses to grasp what is clearly the truth.
I always refer to them as Japs. My father taught me. I also call Germans Krauts.

I don't give a shit what Unkotare thinks is politically incorrect.

How about just go home?

Doofus.
And let the Japanese go on murdering thousands of Burmese, Siamese, Malaysian and Chinese civilians every month for years to come? You seem to have the idiotic idea that the Japanese armies on the Asian mainland, in the Dutch East Indies and Malaysia were sitting around singing Kumbaya with the local civilians. You are also ignoring the ongoing murder and slavery of allied POW and civilian internees. Are you willing to let those millions of innocent people die at the hands of your “innocent” Japanese? How about all the women forced into becoming “comfort women” and serving as sex slaves for the Japanese military who were brutalized and raped multiple times a day until they died of the abuse?

You are a real piece of work.

Last edited:
....The truth was that he was damn glad when the Japs surrender after being nuked. Damn glad....
Yes for sure, and so where hundreds of millions of Chinese and tens of million Japanese civilians, plus those civilians in all other countries whose civilians had to suffer and endure the exposure towards Imperialist Japanese occupation.

its not a double standard, its the fricken truth.
It is double standard - and a show of ignorance if you continue with such statements.

The use of the A-bombs onto Imperial Japan IMO can be (reasoned with) - but it was clearly intended to kill off civilians en mass.

The US government form it's day one, continued for a hundred years the intentional destruction-killing of Red-Indian women, children and the old. Following the footsteps of the former colonial powers who's territory the USA had bought and/or conquered. And since then the USA never stopped killing civilians - just as all other warring nations.
The Vietnam war (since you had brought it up) wasn't abandoned due to military or financial issues - but because the US government had run out of excuses to justify the death of approx. 2 million Vietnamese civilians towards the world community and it's own population - (approx. a third killed by VC's, South and North-Vietnamese regulars).

It is meaningless to resort to "new US terms" such as collateral damage - to disguise the fact that the killing of civilians are taken intentionally/knowingly into account.

The Mai Lai massacre was an intentional killing spree of GI's towards Vietnamese civilians. Since then the US came up with the term collateral damage in order to differentiate intentional murder of civilians without targeting a valid or suspected military asset, and e.g. in contra of those civilians that perished due to a napalm strike onto a settlement were enemy troops were known or suspected to be.

It is also pointless to single out a specific party that supposedly or actually did start a war - any party involved in a war will automatically commit murder of civilians. This also applies to "indirect" assistance - such as presently in Ukraine - were e.g. US HIMARS missiles also kill Ukrainian civilians. Just because these Ukrainian civilians are presently living in Russian occupied/control areas doesn't make them Russian civilians either. Especially not, since the UN has not validated Putin's territory claims.
That is why any culture knowledgeable person knew - that the war in Afghanistan can't be won - since one would need to kill off more or less the entire civilian Afghan population, or endure military and civilian losses for 50 years and more, to hopefully fundamentally change a medieval cultured-society.

Right until now in world history, the winner solely decides about wrong and right (aka trials and punishment) - in case Russia should win, then Russia will certainly accuse every single government supporter of Ukraine as a war criminal. And Russia would even be right to do so - just as the West will do if we should ever win this ridiculous war.

So far there is no UN manifested law - that would excuse or justify the killing of civilians due to "preserving freedom"or "democracy". There is only an international law that defines a governments military right to defend ones national security and there are conventions that regulate the conduct of war. - where the killing of civilians is a total no-go for all sides and punishment/legal persecution is regulated according to international law.

If you can't face such simple facts - then all hope is lost on you. - and that is not a lie.

I always refer to them as Japs. My father taught me. I also call Germans Krauts.

I don't give a shit what Unkotare thinks is politically incorrect.
In Germany the derogatory term for Amerikaner (Americans) is Amis

Thank God you guy's didn't come up with the same abbreviation method - otherwise we might be referred to as Germs :(shock):

Last edited:

Forum List

Back