Zone1 The truth about slavery

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Every civilization had slavery and some still do, America was one of the first to abolish slavery, only 305,000 slaves were actually imported to America but over 12 million to other countries, slaves didn't build America, economies grew slower where slavery existed, and 4 million black people emigrated into America but were not slaves.

"A generation of Americans is being raised on half-truths and lies about the history of slavery in America. They are given the impression that America was uniquely bad and that American slavery was uniquely bad. They learn nothing about slavery elsewhere. Among the many lies they are told are that “black slaves built America” and that America is systemically racist.

Since the only mortal enemy of the Left is truth, here are some truths about slavery.

AMERICA’S SLAVERY COMPARED TO SLAVERY ELSEWHERE

If you are interested in morality and committed to truth, you do not ask, “Who had slaves?” You ask, “Who ended slavery?”

Slavery, the Left, and Truth

Every civilization had slavery and some still do, America was one of the first to abolish slavery, only 305,000 slaves were actually imported

And yet there were nearly 4 million slaves in 1860. So how did that happen?! lol

slaves didn't build America

Slaves were absolutely essential to the agricultural economies of the South. That they grew more slowly than the North isn't an issue. Worth noting that the economies of the north were not exactly blame-free, either, as northern banks and investors often financed plantations in the South, as well as other aspects of the slavery economy.

"A generation of Americans is being raised on half-truths and lies about the history of slavery in America. They are given the impression that America was uniquely bad and that American slavery was uniquely bad. They learn nothing about slavery elsewhere. Among the many lies they are told are that “black slaves built America” and that America is systemically racist.

Americans don't care how bad slavery was in Brazil or Hispanola because...get this, Americans aren't affected by those experiences. But they do inherit the legacy of slavery in America and that is all that matters. And the problems in this country didn't end with slavery. There was a system of unequal American apartheid that continued for 100 years after slavery ended, which is the part a lot of Americans don't seem to understand.

p.s. I'll read your sources when you can find better ones.

Yeah, the USA had the LEAST amount of slaves, and actually entered into the whole slavery bit at the end of it's running.
Europe, the Asias, and South America had slaves EONS before this discovered new country did.

I don't hear Europeans bitching, whining, and complaining about "reparations" for thier ancestors!!!!!

Yeah, the USA had the LEAST amount of slaves, and actually entered into the whole slavery bit at the end of it's running.
Europe, the Asias, and South America had slaves EONS before this discovered new country did.

I don't hear Europeans bitching, whining, and complaining about "reparations" for thier ancestors!!!!!
I heard a lot of these arguments growing up in Klan country.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
The truth is if you could go back far enough, every one of us has ancestors that were both slaves & slavers.
Blacks weren't the only slaves in America either.
We had Chinese slaves, European slaves & even the Indians had their own slaves.

It's the past & that's where it belongs.
For those wanting reparations, go hang out on a street corner with a sign.
At least then they would be honest about begging for money from people that had nothing to do with slavery

Last edited:
The truth is if you could go back far enough, every one of us has ancestors that were both slaves & slavers.
Blacks weren't the only slaves in America either.
We had Chinese slaves, European slaves & even the Indians had their own slaves.

It's the past & that's where it belongs.
For those wanting reparations, go hang out on a street corner & sign.
At least then they would be honest about their begging for money from people that had nothing to do with slavery

I wish people would tell this to the banks that are constantly begging for billions.

What good would that do? They just go to the Fed, who prints up more money & DGAS as inflation soars along with our national debt

And no one seems to care about that. But have individuals seek money, it's time to screech and holler.

• Winner
And no one seems to care about that. But have individuals seek money, it's time to screech and holler.
You mean DC doesn't care about it.
Anyone that understands economics cares deeply that we have spent ourselves into insolvency & it will be our kids that pay the price with declining standards of living that will make Biden look competent

• Winner
And what makes you feel I have to agree with DT on this?
QE, MMT & low interest rates are what got us where we are.

What I would do & what DT would do may match up 90% of the time but that doesn't mean I will ever surrender my own opinions just to follow someone else, particularly someone that has already been wrong on obvious things.

Does that make sense to you progbots? You know, the idea of thinking for yourself or does it hurt too much?

And what makes you feel I have to agree with DT on this?

I asked you to comment on it.

What I would do & what DT would do may match up 90% of the time but that doesn't mean I will ever surrender my own opinions just to follow someone else, particularly someone that has already been wrong on obvious things.

Does that make sense to you progbots? You know, the idea of thinking for yourself or does it hurt too much?

No, you still did not say he was wrong.

• Thanks
I asked you to comment on it.

No, you still did not say he was wrong.
I guess reading comprehension isn't a big priority for you.

I both commented & said he was wrong.
Are you purposely lying or are you just drunk again?

I guess reading comprehension isn't a big priority for you.

I both commented & said he was wrong.
Are you purposely lying or are you just drunk again?

No, you said "someone that was wrong". Thanks for being more specific now.

Which leads me to question why people still support someone so wrong on the economy.

Do you understand the damage negative interest rates would do?

• Winner
And yet there were nearly 4 million slaves in 1860. So how did that happen?! lol

Slaves were absolutely essential to the agricultural economies of the South. That they grew more slowly than the North isn't an issue. Worth noting that the economies of the north were not exactly blame-free, either, as northern banks and investors often financed plantations in the South, as well as other aspects of the slavery economy.

Americans don't care how bad slavery was in Brazil or Hispanola because...get this, Americans aren't affected by those experiences. But they do inherit the legacy of slavery in America and that is all that matters. And the problems in this country didn't end with slavery. There was a system of unequal American apartheid that continued for 100 years after slavery ended, which is the part a lot of Americans don't seem to understand.

p.s. I'll read your sources when you can find better ones.
The number of slaves grew because, unlike other counties, slaves were treated well enough that they weren't killed off in large numbers so their numbers grew just the free whites numbers grew. I'm not saying slaves were treated well, but they were actually treated better than the immigrants working in northern factories who were easily replaced.

The number of slaves grew because, unlike other counties, slaves were treated well enough that they weren't killed off in large numbers so their numbers grew just the free whites numbers grew.

The numbers of slaves grew because they were bred like animals (and sometimes raped by their white masters). But hey, we already knew that rape is cool with conservatives.

I'm not saying slaves were treated well, but they were actually treated better than the immigrants working in northern factories who were easily replaced.

That's baseless mythology. In fact that is exactly the kinds of ante-bellum pro-slavery propaganda that was written in the 1850s in an attempt to convince white northerners that slavery wasn't worth a political or civil war.

• Winner

Forum List

Back