The Trillion Dollar Coin.

Because we can't pay for it, genius. Get it?

Says who? And if we "can't pay for it" how are we managing to make payments right now?

We've borrowed $6T in the past four years! At some point, one has too many maxed out credit cards and its time to Stop Spending and pay off debt.

As a country, we are well beyond that point and continued deficit spending is suicidal.

Ah..so it's like a guy with a credit card.

Man..your economic acumen is astounding.

Where did you pick up those books you use for research?

In one of these?

220px-Cracker_Jack_bag_zps4b03dd95.jpg

Says who? And if we "can't pay for it" how are we managing to make payments right now?

We've borrowed $6T in the past four years! At some point, one has too many maxed out credit cards and its time to Stop Spending and pay off debt.

As a country, we are well beyond that point and continued deficit spending is suicidal.

Says who? If we are "beyond that point", how come investors keep lending their money to the government on 30 years term at 3.5% interest?

They are lending us on 10 years term at the interest well below the inflation rate.

There should be cuts to every federal department across the board. There should be no more foreign aid, no more farm bills, no more earmarks, nothing that isn't vital to keeping the federal government running until we have a balanced budget.

The US government spend whole 1.5% of its budget on foreign aid. You really think we can solve anything by eliminating it?

Yes

Then you are a moron, bro.

Ah..so it's like a guy with a credit card.

In one of these?

220px-Cracker_Jack_bag_zps4b03dd95.jpg

Your economic illiteracy is showing again.

Why? If we need a particular program, why cut it, instead of paying for it?

And need and want are two different things.

The root of our fiscal problem in a nutshell. Add a vision/plan of what it is that we need to build and we're back in business. The rest is nothing more than wishful thinking.

We have a plan. In fact, we have two plans.

One is that we need to keep and expand a generous welfare state, build strong military, develop a 21st sentry infrastructure, invest in education, science and new technologies. And we can easily afford to pay for it all.

The other plan only make sense if you think that the government is the beast. It call for as little of it as possible -- and if we leave our roads crumbling and poor children w/o access to health care and education, so be it. God will take care of everything, if not in this word, then in the next.

And the voters have to choose.

Last edited:
we've borrowed $6t in the past four years! At some point, one has too many maxed out credit cards and its time to stop spending and pay off debt.

ah..so it's like a guy with a credit card.

In one of these?

220px-cracker_jack_bag_zps4b03dd95.jpg

your economic illiteracy is showing again.

zirp

We don't need a trillion dollar coin!

Just to print and spend more money on make-work gov't programs, and raise taxes on private employers.

Signed:
Paul Krugman, the brain-damaged typing ferret

Last edited:
Prove it.

Get one of them here..post haste.

Not necessary, they left written instructions...

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Oh that.

I suggest you read it then.

Because it basically says the federal government can do alot of things.

Seriously.

Read it.

And you might want to do it a few times.

Are you really that stupid?

It was written to LIMIT the government, and reserve power unto the PEOPLE.

NOT the other way around.

Just to print and spend more money on make-work gov't programs, and raise taxes on private employers.

Signed:

When did Krugman become brain damaged?

That's terrible news.

You have a link?

And need and want are two different things.

The root of our fiscal problem in a nutshell. Add a vision/plan of what it is that we need to build and we're back in business. The rest is nothing more than wishful thinking.

One is that we need to keep and expand a generous welfare state, build strong military, develop a 21st sentry infrastructure, invest in education, science and new technologies. And we can easily afford to pay for it all.

The other plan only make sense if you think that the government is the beast. It call for as little of it as possible -- and if we leave our roads crumbling and poor children w/o access to health care and education, so be it. God will take care of everything, if not in this word, then in the next.

A generous welfare state? I must have missed that somehow. When did we agree to that?

Oh that.

Seriously.

Read it.

Really now.

What kind of limits are on the government?

What kind of power is in the hands of the people?

Aren't you folks fond of saying we live in a constitutional republic?

Oh..and notice my OP sourced the Constitution.

I don't see you sourcing crap in your rants.

A generous welfare state? I must have missed that somehow. When did we agree to that?

I dunno.

When did we agree on an Air Force?

Computer Spies Breach Fighter-Jet Project - WSJ.com

Or corporate welfare to build expensive planes that never materialized?

Signed:

That's terrible news.

You have a link?

Read ANY of his articles.

If you think he's sane, then you're brain-damaged.

The guy is creepy as well.

Signed:

That's terrible news.

You have a link?

Read ANY of his articles.

If you think he's sane, then you're brain-damaged.

The guy is creepy as well.

I've read plenty of his articles.

Nothing indicates Brain Damage.

Including the various awards, certifications and accolades.

So you are in "insult" mode..as evidenced by your post.

Which means you really don't have much to add here.

Except calling people names.

I don't mind..I can do either.

You dirty diaper head you.

:cool:

Oh that.

Seriously.

Read it.

Really now.

You're another one of those morons that think the 'General Welfare' clause gives Uncle Sam unlimited power.

You're an IDIOT!

Ever heard of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, UI, Food Stamps? I'm pretty sure that you personally disapprove all of that, but all those programs were enacted at some point by democratically elected representatives.

Last edited:

Really now.

You're another one of those morons that think the 'General Welfare' clause gives Uncle Sam unlimited power.

You're an IDIOT!

Um yeah.

That along with:

Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

That's just the congress. We haven't even hit the President and Judicial Branch yet. You really should read this stuff. It would absolutely shock you.

:cool:

Forum List

Back