The Trillion Dollar Coin.

Didn't they fix this very same problem in Greece? Why don't we just copy their model? :D

Give up our ability to coin currency?

No thanks.

The trillion dollar coin is an incredibly bad idea. Do you understand that the more money we print the less our money is worth? This increasing debt, that you seem to think is no big deal, which astonishes me, by the way, will result in massive inflation ultimately screwing you and me and everyone else.

Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do yourself a favor..at least know what you are talking about.

:cool:

You should read your own links...
According to the Board of Governors, the Federal Reserve System "is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

And?

It's still part of the government.

Who was Bernake appointed by?

Dick Fuld?

Show me where it's part of the government, Sallow. It is a consortium of PRIVATE banks that aren't 'Federal' in anything but name, and have no 'Reserves', other than electronic 1's and 0's backed by nothing more than promises.

like grover they want to cut it all except the money we give the corps.

right up until its weak enough to kill out right in the bath tub.

It's the spending, stupid.

What program you think we should cut, and how much money we would save by doing so?

There should be cuts to every federal department across the board. There should be no more foreign aid, no more farm bills, no more earmarks, nothing that isn't vital to keeping the federal government running until we have a balanced budget.

Didn't they fix this very same problem in Greece? Why don't we just copy their model? :D

Give up our ability to coin currency?

No thanks.

The trillion dollar coin is an incredibly bad idea. Do you understand that the more money we print the less our money is worth? This increasing debt, that you seem to think is no big deal, which astonishes me, by the way, will result in massive inflation ultimately screwing you and me and everyone else.

Basically..Money has no value.

It's a place holder.

Wealth comes from growing, mining or building stuff.

It's seriously troubling to watch what conservatives do to a good thing.

Which is the US economic engine.

You should read your own links...

And?

It's still part of the government.

Who was Bernake appointed by?

Dick Fuld?

Show me where it's part of the government, Sallow. It is a consortium of PRIVATE banks that aren't 'Federal' in anything but name, and have no 'Reserves', other than electronic 1's and 0's backed by nothing more than promises.

It's like saying "Show me where the government is part of the government".

Really very fucking silly.

The government appoints officers to the Fed. And the fed along with private interests acts "independently" to assure the financial stability of the country.

It's the spending, stupid.

What program you think we should cut, and how much money we would save by doing so?

There should be cuts to every federal department across the board. There should be no more foreign aid, no more farm bills, no more earmarks, nothing that isn't vital to keeping the federal government running until we have a balanced budget.

Then why, exactly, would you want a government around?

:eusa_eh:

It's a place holder.

Nice partisan slant you threw on a very bipartisan problem. Under the Obama administration we have already incurred as much debt as we did under all eight years of the Bush administration. And under the Bush administration we incurred as much debt as every president prior combined.

This is not a conservative v liberal, Republican v Democrat problem. You're both in cahoots on the wrong side of the issue causing the problem.

It's a place holder.

Nice partisan slant you threw on a very bipartisan problem. Under the Obama administration we have already incurred as much debt as we did under all eight years of the Bush administration. And under the Bush administration we incurred as much debt as every president prior combined.

This is not a conservative v liberal, Republican v Democrat problem. You're both in cahoots on the wrong side of the issue causing the problem.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back