The Thanksgiving Thread

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
I would like to be the first (from what I can tell) to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. Hope it's warm and well.

I'm thankful for steady income, rotary engines, and boobs...especially two particular ones.

What are you thankful for?

The ClayTaurus said:
I would like to be the first (from what I can tell) to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. Hope it's warm and well.

I'm thankful for steady income, rotary engines, and boobs...especially two particular ones.

You have two rotary engines?

I'm thankful for family, my dad's health, good friends (thinking of one imparticular), and everything else that has fallen into place with my life.

I'm Thankful for all the normal stuff like family and food and junk like that.

Also thankful for the makers of SOCOM 3

I'm thankful for this: (I love snow for holidays, and we have more coming throughout today and tomorrow)..

snow1.jpg

What I'm most thankful for can't possibly be put into words...

Other than that, family, friends, and stuff. :D

That's a water tower... You can see it so well because I live on top of a very large hill... (one that you don't go driving down in snow - you take the long way around).

Shattered said:
I'm thankful for this: (I love snow for holidays, and we have more coming throughout today and tomorrow)..

snow1.jpg

What I'm most thankful for can't possibly be put into words...

Other than that, family, friends, and stuff. :D

What Shattered posted, but being me, I have to expound, while borrowing her Mid-West/Great Lakes Pics. I'm thankful for my family. Those here, my children and father and those gone, my mother and others. They teach me to be real and appreciate the ability to give and recieve.

I'm thankful to my students, who have a promise of being a promise in the future, for country, their family, and themselves.

I am most thankful and stand in awe of those that put their lives on the line, day in and day out, for the least worthy as myself. Please God, let me teach my students the worth and substance of this." Amen . I bow my head.

Kathianne said:
What Shattered posted, but being me, I have to expound, while borrowing her Mid-West/Great Lakes Pics. I'm thankful for my family. Those here, my children and father and those gone, my mother and others. They teach me to be real and appreciate the ability to give and recieve.

I'm thankful to my students, who have a promise of being a promise in the future, for country, their family, and themselves.

I am most thankful and stand in awe of those that put their lives on the line, day in and day out, for the least worthy as myself. Please God, let me teach my students the worth and substance of this." Amen . I bow my head.

(Always wanted to say this:) Tried to rep but gotta spread it around. :D

I'm thankful for my family, good friends, my wealth(even though I have very little of it) I still have a warm house, a good running car, a good job. Hey, I'm rich in spirit.....I also want to thank our men and women in the military in Iraq at this Thanksgiving, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :salute:
And I want to give thanks to my friends here on the USMB, who have kept me entertained for over a year now, and have accepted me as member of their family... :huddle: :thanks: :beer:

The ClayTaurus said:

Is it really necessary to call it "Thanksgiving"? I mean wouldn't happy "we're glad about stuff" suffice? Really... who cares? :rolleyes:

Pale Rider said:
Is it really necessary to call it "Thanksgiving"? I mean wouldn't happy "we're glad about stuff" suffice? Really... who cares? :rolleyes:
Oh come on, don't be such a downer. What are you thankful for? I know one thing for sure... it has two wheels and is white with red and blue striping...

The ClayTaurus said:
Oh come on, don't be such a downer. What are you thankful for? I know one thing for sure... it has two wheels and is white with red and blue striping...

You deflected quite nicely, but as you must realize, I was just poking a little fun at this thread to make a point. You can say "Happy Thanksgiving", but not "Merry Christmas". Double standard?

Pale Rider said:
You deflected quite nicely, but as you must realize, I was just poking a little fun at this thread to make a point. You can say "Happy Thanksgiving", but not "Merry Christmas". Double standard?

No, not a double standard at all. Thanksgiving is a national holiday that is non-religious. If you live in America, then Thanksgiving is for you. It's a time for everyone to reflect on what they are thankful for. Federal holiday or not, Christmas is a Christian-only holiday.

Honestly though, do we have to derail a thread about what people are thankful for because you're pissed off about Christmas? Let's keep that to another thread, this one is supposed to be cheerful. Thanks.

The ClayTaurus said:
No, not a double standard at all. Thanksgiving is a national holiday that is non-religious. If you live in America, then Thanksgiving is for you. It's a time for everyone to reflect on what they are thankful for. Federal holiday or not, Christmas is a Christian-only holiday.

I knew that's what you'd say. I almost said it for you in my post, but thought I'd let you admit your atheism by yourself.

The ClayTaurus said:
Honestly though, do we have to derail a thread about what people are thankful for because you're pissed off about Christmas? Let's keep that to another thread, this one is supposed to be cheerful. Thanks.

Why Taurus... I'm not pissed off... are you? I told you I was joking. Not my fault if you don't believe me. :chillpill

Shattered said:
Nothing like beating a dead horse for the holidays...

Go ahead and PM me Shattered, we can pick up the snotty cracks and insults where we left off.

Lets spare the rest of the board and keep it in private.

Forum List

Back