The Terrible Storm That Wasn't

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Storms are fairly well understood by Meteorologists. And of course the climate scientists (there are not all that many of course)(Well for Revenue, a lot more claim they are scientists), seem to understand them better yet.

So will you please explain this to the posters here?

It wasn't a storm unless every sprinkle is a storm. The river had water in it. But isn't that the whole point of rivers?

It wasn't a storm unless every sprinkle is a storm. The river had water in it. But isn't that the whole point of rivers?

Makes you wonder why the Meteorologists claimed it was a major storm, doesn't it?

I got as far as the video citing NBC News as a scientific authority ... so I didn't waste the 15 minutes ...

The National Weather Service forecasts all basically worked out reasonably correct ... which is really good since this has only happened once before in all of human history ... though, obviously, well within the sphere of "normal weather" ... feel glad El Nino was lackluster this year, because warmer waters mean stronger hurricanes ...

But that's old climate ... if this is changing then we'll see fewer hurricanes and weaker El Nino and the probabilities of powerful weather events will diminish ... ushering in a New Golden Age of Human Experience ... wars will end, famine a dark nightmare, equality across the oceans and continents ...

Farming in the Canadian Arctic ... what could go wrong? ...

I got as far as the video citing NBC News as a scientific authority ... so I didn't waste the 15 minutes ...

The National Weather Service forecasts all basically worked out reasonably correct ... which is really good since this has only happened once before in all of human history ... though, obviously, well within the sphere of "normal weather" ... feel glad El Nino was lackluster this year, because warmer waters mean stronger hurricanes ...

But that's old climate ... if this is changing then we'll see fewer hurricanes and weaker El Nino and the probabilities of powerful weather events will diminish ... ushering in a New Golden Age of Human Experience ... wars will end, famine a dark nightmare, equality across the oceans and continents ...

The video is not about NBC. It is the analysis by CDN.

El Niño hasn't gotten started yet. Wait for the rainy season.

El Niño hasn't gotten started yet. Wait for the rainy season.

NOAA is reporting +1.5ºC in the 3.4 region ... and "El Niño" conditions there since May 2023 ... {Cite} ... the current cycle looks to be about as average as average can be ... if you look at the chart, you've see it's "very unlikely" to reach "strong" ... but stay tuned ... weather forecasts past three days are rarely accurate ...

Hidesight is 20/20 ... and clearly the predictions from earlier this year were incorrect ... I'm not going to say wrong, the citation above does go on to discuss the over-all non-polar SSTs which are running a full degree high ... one would expect the current El Nino to be this degree higher, and thusly stronger ... unfortunately, it's not, so we're having an average El Nino this cycle ...

No anchovies off the coast of Peru ... famine and death will follow this Christmas ... even an average El Nino kills ...

Forum List

Back