The Tea Party - The Koch Brothers - Climate change

Also, the whack-a-doodle-do-nuts on the web would have you believe that believing in the experts, makes you somehow a lefty left-wing drone, with beliefs similar to religious folks, and out for some whacky reason --- out to destroy America and capitalism

Well it does take a leap of faith to keep believing in people that has made dreadfully bad predictions in the past.

Is AGW real? I find the basic idea is plausible.

Is the predictions from AGW creditable?--I am having serious problems answering this in the affirmative. To many bad predictions are on the table. Why were they allowed to be published without more rigor to justify them?

I have an idea that even right wingers would get behind.

Instead of using minor regulations to slow down AGW, why not devote research to weather manipulation?

Understand--I am talking about learning how to control the weather!!

Not only can you use such knowledge to directly combat AGW/Climate change, it has an enormous economic trade off as a bonus.

It is the Republicans who must be brought BACK to the table on climate change.
er..um.. "must be brought BACK" or what? What's your plan B if the Republicans tell the climate change crowd to go pound sand?

An executive decree by Obama!! You know your Republican leaderhip will just bow and say "Yes, dear master" if he does it!

The battle waged on climate change is an ideological one. Was it always so? A few facts before your knees jerk and you settle into denial mode. It is driven by views on public policy. Think about what was the mainstream position of the Republican Party less than a decade ago.

For the angry supporters of the Tea Party, opposed to government spending in almost any form, the prescription is anathema. “If you decide climate change is real, there must be a role for government to combat it. So the only way out is to deny it exists,” Mr. Karpinski said.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/b...blicans-to-the-climate-change-table.html?_r=0

Eli Lehrer, who runs the R Street Institute, a fairly conventional conservative research firm except that it supports a carbon tax to combat climate change, argued that the Republicans’ stance was “a direct reaction to the Democrats’ efforts to use scientific facts to try to dictate public policy.”

Sure, climate change is real, Mr. Lehrer acknowledged. Yet “the science doesn’t — and can’t — demand any particular public policy and certainly doesn’t dictate that we do what the left wants.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/b...-republicans-to-the-climate-change-table.html

The climate has been changing forever. It will continue to change. Some scientists believe that humans have a direct impact on it. But trying to curb carbon emissions to slow the change could destroy the economy, eliminate millions of jobs and cast Americans into poverty.

This is what’s known today as the moderate Republican position on climate change...

Then there are Republicans like James Inhofe, the chairman of the Senate committee responsible for the environment, who calls global warming “the greatest hoax,” and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, another presidential contender, who argues that the scientific case for seeking to curb climate change is nothing more than a liberal plot aimed at “massive government control of the economy, the energy sector and every aspect of our lives.”

It wasn’t always so. These views, in fact, stand in sharp contrast to the mainstream position of the Republican Party less than a decade ago.​
If the volkswagen lies don't give international agreement climate changers any pause, I think they're the ones who are on the take and corrupting the science of the matter. There's a lot of money from Koch bros, etc, but there's a significantly more money trying to commoditize carbon credits globally. By 'globally', Europeans mean 'including the United States', who they want to cheat out of prosperity with their quacky environmental science.

I have an idea that even right wingers would get behind.

Instead of using minor regulations to slow down AGW, why not devote research to weather manipulation?

Understand--I am talking about learning how to control the weather!!

Not only can you use such knowledge to directly combat AGW/Climate change, it has an enormous economic trade off as a bonus.

Worst idea since Newt wanted to put space mirrors up to light the opposite side of the world to make "driving at night easier."

Forum List

Back