CDZ The task of impeaching Trump may have just gotten a whole lot easier...

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
The Democrats may not need to do so now...
[Steve Bannon] spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well.

-- Donald Trump

"[Bannon] spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media. It is the only thing he does well."
  • Be that as it may, he obviously did so with Trump's approbation.
  • Wow! So which set of Trump's (his Administration's/WH's) lies are we to believe, the old ones or the new ones? Either:
    • Trump's claim here is true, in which case it's a tacit attestation from Trump himself that his WH has actively engaged in disinformation, or
    • Trump's claim here is false, in which case, it's is ineffectual as a basis for one's discounting Bannon's.
What remains to be discovered is which leaks were lies, and of them, what was Trump's role in sanctioning them and their utterance. That's something that's very easily investigated, special counsel or not.

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally
Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully —

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.​

Is conspiring to "willfully makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation" a high crime or a misdemeanor? It may only a matter of time [1] before Trump is either removed from the WH or tossed in jail.

Note:
  1. I have not fully researched the statute of limitations that pertains to "Statements or entries generally." I presume it's the standard five years that applies to most federal crimes, but I don't know whether that's so or whether there are extenuating circumstances that apply when the POTUS is involved. The referenced document does not explicitly indicate anything specific to Section 1001, so I think the statute of limitations pertaining to it would be subject only to the conspiracy exception.

It seems plausible that as goes Section 1001, the statute may not commence running until the final offense is committed, which, as goes Trump, may well mean that it's not even started. (See "Conspiracies and Continuing Offenses" in the linked document.) If that's the case, even if Congress does not impeach and remove Trump, a subsequent POTUS' DOJ could prosecute Trump and others under Section 1001 for up to five years after Trump leaves office. (I think it safe to, for the purposes of this thread, posit that Trump is not going to stop lying and inciting others to do so.)

Last edited:
14sykes-master768.jpg

Again, a Leftist demonstrates that he does not know the meaning of the word, "lie."
LOL Really? LOL at you!
  • Lie: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    Lie: to create a false or misleading impression
    (Source)
"[Steve Bannon] spent his time at the White House leaking false information."
-- Donald Trump

If that's not the very definition of lying, nothing is.

Last edited:
There should be a special camp for all the leftards whose only purpose in life is to see President Trump impeached. The short bus will be arriving soon to pick them up..

ViewEdoc.aspx

It will become much easier to impeach and just as importantly convict Trump when the democrats take control of the house and have two thirds of the senate.

It will become much easier to impeach and just as importantly convict Trump when the democrats take control of the house and have two thirds of the senate.
Welcome to camp high hopes.

So the Democrats are willing to stake their entire reputation on that one event? Even while the full effects of Donald Trump's economic policies are being realized by the working-class voters of this country?

Are you not taking into account how much more will the average American will understand how well they are doing under a Trump Presidency, a year from now? Seriously, I don't see the Democrats gaining control of Congress. Even if they did, a Democratically-controlled Congress whose only priority is to impeach a standing President while failing to accomplish anything else, I don't see the American voters taking that very well. The Democrat's plans could pretty well backfire on them.

So the Democrats are willing to stake their entire reputation on that one event? Even while the full effects of Donald Trump's economic policies are being realized by the working-class votes of this country?

How much more will the average American understand how well they are doing under a Trump Presidency, a year from now? Seriously, I don't see the Democrats gaining control of Congress. If we have a Democratically-controlled Congress whose only priority is to impeach a standing President while failing to accomplish anything else, the American voters are going to take that very well. Their plans could pretty well backfire on them.
We need to vote out ALL the people who have served more than two terms.

So the Democrats are willing to stake their entire reputation on that one event? Even while the full effects of Donald Trump's economic policies are being realized by the working-class votes of this country?

How much more will the average American understand how well they are doing under a Trump Presidency, a year from now? Seriously, I don't see the Democrats gaining control of Congress. If we have a Democratically-controlled Congress whose only priority is to impeach a standing President while failing to accomplish anything else, the American voters are going to take that very well. Their plans could pretty well backfire on them.

Term limits!! fer sure.

So the Democrats are willing to stake their entire reputation on that one event? Even while the full effects of Donald Trump's economic policies are being realized by the working-class voters of this country?

Are you not taking into account how much more will the average American will understand how well they are doing under a Trump Presidency, a year from now? Seriously, I don't see the Democrats gaining control of Congress. Even if they did, a Democratically-controlled Congress whose only priority is to impeach a standing President while failing to accomplish anything else, I don't see the American voters taking that very well. The Democrat's plans could pretty well backfire on them.
Getting 2/3 of the senate would be near impossible.

Term limits!! fer sure.
Just as soon as you pass that pesky Constitutional Amendment. Remember Congress has to start it first since a convention is never gonna happen.

Forum List

Back