The surprise support for Trump started with Reagan

R

rdean

Business has always wanted "smaller government" so they could rip off the American people with impunity. They complain about regulation and safety rules as costing too much so they won't be responsible for injury and deaths.

Business threw it's weight behind Reagan and came up with a jingoistic economic policy nicknamed "trickle down" and the GOP base bought it.

George Bush was raised on these policies. That's why he was able to take down the economy and our foreign policy so quickly. Republicans think quickly is overnight. But for an economy as big as ours, it takes years.

And the GOP arguments are so predictable. What actually built up our economy was innovation, safety, education, willing workers paid a respectable wage.

The GOP thinks jobs come from rich people. That education is over rated. That safety is a job killer. That the minimum wage should be abolished. Red State economies are kept afloat with money from Blue States. And yet, if you lay it out plain like that, even though they deny it, they can't prove otherwise.

And now, after all this hate government. All this hate and fear immigrants or foreigners. The GOP ends up with Trump. Exactly what you would expect after so many years of propaganda. And the GOP leadership is stymied. What did they expect? Seriously, after all the GOP propaganda, what did they expect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to rdean there's a job at the mental hospital for a dude that sanitizes his rubber room.

tumblr_m9vtc8Eq8q1rwhmdho1_250.gif

The GOP thinks jobs come from rich people.

How many jobs have the poor created? Please inform us, there is plenty of room here.
See what I mean. To these guys, "supply and demand" is a wild liberal theory. People that start small companies are rarely rich. Which is why they need loans. They hire more people when they sell more than they can handle.

See what I mean about these right wingers? This ignorance didn't just happen. It was created through propaganda..

How many jobs have the poor created? Please inform us, there is plenty of room here.
See what I mean. To these guys, "supply and demand" is a wild liberal theory.

Nope. The rich supply the demand.

People that start small companies are rarely rich.

Tried to start a business lately? Hundreds of thousands of dollars, at a minimum.

Which is why they need loans.

Again, the rich supplying the demand. After the Democrat's housing debacle, who in their right mind would give a poor person a business loan?

See what I mean. To these guys, "supply and demand" is a wild liberal theory.

Nope. The rich supply the demand.

People that start small companies are rarely rich.

Tried to start a business lately? Hundreds of thousands of dollars, at a minimum.

Which is why they need loans.

Again, the rich supplying the demand. After the Democrat's housing debacle, who in their right mind would give a poor person a business loan?
God, the ignorance is staggering.

The rich supply the demand? Every time you buy a pair of shoes that's falls under demand. When you buy milk, that falls under demand.

See what I mean people?

Hundreds of thousands to start a small business?

After the Democrat's housing debacle????? The debacle came from Wall Street turning deeds into derivatives which put insurance companies out of business.

See what I mean? You can't debate with this kind of ignorance. They don't even make sense. These are today's Republicans, hence "Trump".

“God, the ignorance is staggering.”

True, but if you hadn't posted and just kept quiet nobody would have known how ignorant you were.

True, but if you hadn't posted and just kept quiet nobody would have known how ignorant you were.
I'm not one of those who think rich people cause demand when they create jobs.

DEFINITION of 'Law Of Supply And Demand'
A theory explaining the interaction between the supply of a resource and the demand for that resource. The law of supply and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is a low supply and a high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.

Law Of Supply And Demand Definition | Investopedia

It's just common sense.

A theory explaining the interaction between the supply of a resource and the demand for that resource. The law of supply and demand defines the effect that the availability of a particular product and the desire (or demand) for that product has on price. Generally, if there is a low supply and a high demand, the price will be high. In contrast, the greater the supply and the lower the demand, the lower the price will be.

It's just common sense.

I did not say the rich cause demand. I said they supply it. See #6.

If there is a demand, it is not the poor who create the means to supply it. Now argue with me some more.

It's just common sense.

If there is a demand, it is not the poor who create the means to supply it. Now argue with me some more.
Even worse. It's people, rich, middle class or poor that cause demand. God, I can't believe I'm going to explain this.

Say 10 pairs of Nike shoes came on the market. They cost a thousand dollars a pair because there are only 10 pairs. High demand for so few shoes. That's competition. Over time a hundred more are made. But no one wants to buy them for a thousand dollars because there are more. The supply is greater than the demand so the price drops. Now they only cost 500 dollars. So 10,000 more are made. No one is going to pay 500 dollars when there are 10,000 of those shoes. So the price drops to 50 dollars a pair. So as the supply increases, demand drops.

When there is high demand and short supply the cost goes up. Think OPEC as a perfect example. When the supply was short, demand from competing countries made the price rise to 100 dollars a barrel. Now that we have fracking, the supply grows. With more supply, there is competition. Demand is spread out and cost falls. Now we have gas under 2 dollars a gallon. So now you see the effects of supply and demand.

I gave you two examples. One real world and one hypothetical.

And not a rich person in sight. Demand grew without rich people. Not every one with a car is rich.

Tell you what, why don't you explain what you think "supply and demand" means. I love being entertained.:popcorn:

It's just common sense.

Even worse. It's people, rich, middle class or poor that cause demand. God, I can't believe I'm going to explain this.

Say 10 pairs of Nike shoes came on the market. They cost a thousand dollars a pair because there are only 10 pairs. High demand for so few shoes. That's competition. Over time a hundred more are made. But no one wants to buy them for a thousand dollars because there are more. The supply is greater than the demand so the price drops. Now they only cost 500 dollars. So 10,000 more are made. No one is going to pay 500 dollars when there are 10,000 of those shoes. So the price drops to 50 dollars a pair. So as the supply increases, demand drops.

When there is high demand and short supply the cost goes up. Think OPEC as a perfect example. When the supply was short, demand from competing countries made the price rise to 100 dollars a barrel. Now that we have fracking, the supply grows. With more supply, there is competition. Demand is spread out and cost falls. Now we have gas under 2 dollars a gallon. So now you see the effects of supply and demand.

I gave you two examples. One real world and one hypothetical.

And not a rich person in sight. Demand grew without rich people. Not every one with a car is rich.

Tell you what, why don't you explain what you think "supply and demand" means. I love being entertained.:popcorn:

I see you are still confused. The issue is who creates the means to supply the demand, not who creates the demand.

Bait and switch doesn't work with me, binky.

Forum List

Back