The Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision

Media campaigns cost money...

So why would there be a massive media campaign to get people in favor of more centralized Government intrusion instead of local control? Especially when they admit they don't like centralized control over their lives.

And that shows that it's a dishonest media campaign.

As an example we like fireworks. We love watching them every 4th of July.
But some states don't...because they are prone to starting wildfires. So they usually have someone apply for permits and have a huge display under the watchful eye of firefighters.

But what if the centralized government said that they are now blanket approved in every state in the union? Every individual can set them off if they want to.

States like Idaho, Oregon, Washington and California would be hugely upset. (They rely upon forests for industry and wildfires are an issue there)

These states do not allow aerial fireworks whatsoever...no bottle rockets or Roman candles and definitely not mortar shells.

Media campaigns shape incongruous popular opinions. So it's not advertising anymore....it's owning the corporations that own the media outlets. Like Blackrock owns the railroads and several electric car brands. So Blackrock tells the railroad to stop shipping oil so that electric cars will sell. All done....and meanwhile talking about Keystone pipeline that sells a type of oil that does no true benefit in the marketplace for the price of gasoline or diesel.

The whole diversion is perfect....people support worthless endeavors and ignore the true guilty parties.

It's working on most members of this board who spout rhetoric instead of true independent thought.

The problem is there has been a concerted effort to confuse the idea of privileges and rights. Most people cannot differentiate between them. Privileges can be altered with a vote or ruling, this has become common. Then insidious parties attempt to apply alterations to our rights and most of the population thinks it's just fine.

People don't understand in America we have very few actual rights as a us citizen.

But we have a lot of privleges that are soley based on different regions. We have national privleges, regional, state, city, community and inside your home. And they are all dependant on each person conforming to those regions. And even those privleges are within the confines of written and unwritten rules and laws.

Rights are given and few in numbers. Privleges are numerous and earned.

Way too many people think they have a right to what they want and think just because they believe they deserve it that it's something they should get automatically and without question.

But yeah. A right and a privilege are not the same thing at all. They are separate entities.

Your insistence that control over wombs should be arrogated by your politicians and bureaucrats aligns you with Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador.

I share the respect for personal liberty and other values of advanced democratic nations.

When the People surrender reproductive freedom to an authoritarian regime, that State then has the power to proscribe or order abortion.

The People must not surrender their liberty to the State.
You disinterest in and disdain for human life aligns yiu with Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Mao’s China and a variety of other madmen-run nations

The people should never follow madmen like you. And they should always oppose state sanctioned slaughter of the Innocent.

He is not brilliant. He misquotes other court precedents. He relies on 18th and 19th century science. He out and out calls women who have abortion as murderers. That is clearly his personal belief. In addition, he ignores the 9th Amendment which states that rights do not have to be enumerated to be rights. Judicial review is not enumerated in the Constitution either.
He is brilliant. He didn’t misquote anything. And he didn’t label any women as murderers. Your comprehension is non existent. Or maybe it’s simply your regard for honesty that doesn’t exist. He also returned to the States the authority that was denied then improperly and invalidly by Roe.

The term “judicial review” isn’t used in the Constitution; that’s true. But it is clearly implicit.

You disinterest in and disdain for human life aligns yiu with Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Mao’s China ...
My aligning with the support for Roe v Wade of most Americans, and the policies of advanced, democratic nations - rather than the pernicious authoritarianism of an Iraq, a Nicaragua, or an El Salvador, provokes your contempt for the former and embrace of the latter.

That is unfortunate. Your statist extremism is repugnant to those who embrace freedom.

You are the big-government liberal. You believe the state should make the decision on abortion over the individual. You are a threat to this country. This is the question. When does it become a life?
😂 Lazyfly; you’re an intellectual Pygmy.

Instead of your false labeling, I’ll correct you. I believe it is the responsibility of any valid government to serve the citizens and that includes protecting their rights. The preeminent right is the right to life itself. No other rights exist without life itself.

Protecting the helpless and defenseless innocent lives of the preborn, thus, is an obligation of any valid government.

My aligning with the support for Roe v Wade of most Americans, and the policies of advanced, democratic nations - rather than the pernicious authoritarianism of an Iraq, a Nicaragua, or an El Salvador, provokes your contempt for the former and embrace of the latter.

That is unfortunate. Your statist extremism is repugnant to those who embrace freedom.
Your grasp of what “statism” even means is also nonexistent. Arguing with you is like arguing with a stupid child. It’s pointless.

Your grasp of what “statism” even means is also nonexistent. Arguing with you is like arguing with a stupid child. It’s pointless.
I recognize that you cannot refute my sharing the views of most Americans and the citizens of advanced democratic nations, as you espouse the authoritarian statism of Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador in this matter.

I recognize that you cannot refute my sharing the views of most Americans and the citizens of advanced democratic nations, as you espouse the authoritarian statism of Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador in this matter.
I recognize that you can’t defend the philosophy of death you espouse. This explains why you try so pitifully to change the subject.

I recognize that you can’t defend the philosophy of death you espouse.
I just respect a woman's rights that she has had recognized throughout the United States for the past half century, regardless of that upsetting you.

Adopting the authoritarianism of Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador is a retrogression for the nation, even though the advanced states will persist in supporting the freedom you loathe.

I just respect a woman's rights that she has had recognized throughout the United States for the past half century, regardless of that upsetting you.
I respect the right to life as preeminent even though that clearly upsets you. As does logic.
Adopting the authoritarianism of Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador is a retrogression for the nation, even though the advanced states will persist in supporting the freedom you loathe.
Adapting the disdain for human life of Mao’s China, Stalin’s Russia and Soviet Union and Hitler’s Nazi Germany is the most retrogressive thing imaginable, even though sensible states will continue to reject your loathsome disdain for the most elemental of all human rights.

I respect the right to life as preeminent even though that clearly upsets you. As does logic.

Adapting the disdain for human life of Mao’s China, Stalin’s Russia and Soviet Union and Hitler’s Nazi Germany is the most retrogressive thing imaginable, even though sensible states will continue to reject your loathsome disdain for the most elemental of all human rights.
Your hysterical nonsense aside, you are enraged by advanced, western democracies.

Try to compose yourself by having a nice cup of tea and a hot buttered scone, Luv.

Most Americans want Supreme Court to uphold Roe v. Wade, poll shows

Try to post rationally, Schmithead. SCOTUS rulings aren’t predicated on the notion of “majority rules.” Our Constitution, in fact, partly stands as a guardian against such a terrible thing. 👍 Thank God and the Framers.

Now, I realize that all of this is far beyond your atrocious ability to comprehend, but I don’t blame you. It is probably a result of an abhorrent history of educational malpractice you tragically received.

Try to post rationally, Schmithead. SCOTUS rulings aren’t predicated on the notion of “majority rules.” Our Constitution, in fact, partly stands as a guardian against such a terrible thing. 👍 Thank God and the Framers.

Now, I realize that all of this is far beyond your atrocious ability to comprehend, but I don’t blame you. It is probably a result of an abhorrent history of educational malpractice you tragically received.
You appear to be in a tizzy, lashing out irrationally.

By abrogating a woman's reproductive freedom, the radical and unpopular court has empowered the authoritarian states. Advanced states will safeguard their freedom, consistent with advanced, democratic nations, not your Iraq, Nicaragua, or El Salvador where the State controls the womb.

You appear to be in a tizzy, lashing out irrationally.

By abrogating a woman's reproductive freedom, the radical and unpopular court has empowered the authoritarian states. Advanced states will safeguard their freedom, consistent with advanced, democratic nations, not your Iraq, Nicaragua, or El Salvador where the State controls the womb.
You appear to be flustered because I’ve called you out for what you clearly are.

Once again for you and others, like you, who are thinking-impaired and emotionally ruined: without the right to life itself, not other rights exist. You really shouldn’t emulate Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russian or Maoist China.

No tizzy. No emotionalism at all. I leave that to you libtards. I’m working with facts and logic. This is what has you so confused.

You appear to be flustered because I’ve called you out for what you clearly are.
I.e., in agreement with most Americans who oppose your authoritarian statism in arrogating a woman' reproductive rights, recognized under law for the past half century, to your politicians and bureaucrats, but rather, support the liberty that is indicative of advanced democratic nations

Your affinity for the authoritarianism of Iraq, Nicaragua, and El Salvador is not shared by those who have a high regard for individual liberty.

Rights are given by God....

I E every person has a right to worship God in their own way...even if the god they worship is themselves.

We have a right to live and pursue happiness. We don't force people into careers or hobbies they don't enjoy.

Privileges: driving on government built roads, use of internet, or something along those lines are a privilege given by the government. These are not a right...these are privileges solely at the purview of the Government.

In the USA....voting for your elected representatives is the fuzzy grey area between the two. It's a privilege and a right at the same time because of how the constitution is written. And of course it's a privilege given out freely...too freely IMHO. But it's part of that opening three words of the Constitution. "WE, THE PEOPLE..."

Gun rights are a right given by God. Same as owning a shovel, hammer, or drill.
If you don't like it, do not be confused...there is a process to change the constitution.

Forum List

Back