The SCOTUS just took a crap on the US Constitution

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020

BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is among those criticizing Monday's Supreme Court ruling that sided with a Washington state high school football coach who lost his job for praying after games.

The court ruled 6-3 in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District that the free exercise and free speech clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in religious expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereo

The Court was exactly correct. The government cannot stop someone from praying any time or place. Of course this same Court did shit on the Constitution when they approve California's ban on church attendance during the pandemic so the Court is far from perfect.

That said, and considering that neither you, me, or the Court know this guy's actual religion, I will suggest that he doesn't pray to the God I pray to: the God of Abraham and Moses; the Father of Jesus. It seems he prays to the God of self-promotion. The God of Abraham and Moses, through his son Jesus, taught that those who follow him should pray in private.

In Matthew, 6:5, it says this:

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets and in the center of the football fields and stadiums, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Ok. I tweaked that just a bit but it says what it says. He has his reward. He's not praying to God, he's praying to himself.

BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is among those criticizing Monday's Supreme Court ruling that sided with a Washington state high school football coach who lost his job for praying after games.

The court ruled 6-3 in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District that the free exercise and free speech clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in religious expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereo

Love it or leave it. Please feel free to leave. We'll lock the door behind you.

The Court was exactly correct. The government cannot stop someone from praying any time or place. Of course this same Court did shit on the Constitution when they approve California's ban on church attendance during the pandemic so the Court is far from perfect.

That said, and considering that neither you, me, or the Court know this guy's actual religion, I will suggest that he doesn't pray to the God I pray to: the God of Abraham and Moses; the Father of Jesus. It seems he prays to the God of self-promotion. The God of Abraham and Moses, through his son Jesus, taught that those who follow him should pray in private.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets and in the center of the football fields and stadiums, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Ok. I tweaked that just a bit but it says what it says. He has his reward. He's not praying to God, he's praying to himself.

Yup.

Jesus himself said for people to pray in private.

Also Jesus said in Matthew 6:1

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Yup.

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So? The court isn’t obligated to take note of how he prays. It simply noted that he can pray even on a school field after a game. And why he can do so is the key. It’s because when has a right to free speech and because he has a right to his religious expression, too. And because his doing so neither threatens the creation of some state mandated religion nor does it impede any body’s free exercise of their own religion or lack thereof.

Noting those things isn’t taking any “crap on” the Constitution. It is adhering to the Constitution.

Yup.

Jesus does not run the US Government. He also said, "Render on to Caesar, that which is Caesar's".

Our Constitution (Caesar) does not qualify where or when you can pray.

One small correction:

The state has changed its name. It's now "The Commonwealth of TAXACHUSETTS".

So? The court isn’t obligated to take note of how he prays. It simply noted that he can pray even on a school field after a game. And why he can do so is the key. It’s because when has a right to free speech and because he has a right to his religious expression, too. And because his doing so neither threatens the creation of some state mandated religion nor does it impede any body’s free exercise of their own religion or lack thereof.

Noting those things isn’t taking any “crap on” the Constitution. It is adhering to the Constitution.
And the Court didn't make their decision based on the hypocrisy of the coach. The Court did it right. The coach is still a disgusting hypocrite - per the Bible.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

And the Court didn't make their decision based on the hypocrisy of the coach. The Court did it right. The coach is still a disgusting hypocrite - per the Bible.
No. I would dispute that too. I’m no biblical expert, but it was also said that where three or more are gathered in His name … prayers would be heard. That’s not exactly a requirement to pray in private.

And it also urges that believers go forth and share the good news. That would also be hard to do in private. So, maybe, you shouldn’t be too quick to judge the coach.

Just sayin’.

You err in your interpretation of that Scripture. Jesus prayed openly at times. The Scripture is referring to the attitude of your heart.

Nobody is forcing anything on anyone.....What he did is that "free exercise thereof" part.

How about you emotionally incontinent loons quit lying about shit?

not a christians.jpg

Why do you hate freedom so much?

Yup.

What does your interpretation of scripture have to do with constitutional or case law?

Forum List

Back