The Supreme Court Temporarily Blocked Trump’s Bid To Restart Federal Executions

Defending murderers now, good, good....

It's better to let 10 or even 100 guilty live in prison that to execute 1 innocent person.
See the problem is that YOU don't have any idea who is guilty, you just flap your money maker to defend scum.

I know it's been proven that we have executed innocent people. That isn't acceptable.

Proven beyond a reasonable doubt, or "proven?"

And within the last 30 years or so please.

If it's possible that additional proof might show the convicted is innocent, that's not proven

So you got no backup for your statement.

Typical of you.

Well, it is the best way to kill more innocent people

It's better to let 10 or even 100 guilty live in prison that to execute 1 innocent person.

The saying is actually better 100 guilty go free than imprison 1. Of course that would make any justice system impossible.

It's a goal to attain to, not an actual workable system of justice.

The funny thing is the DP gives people who get convicted of it far more representation than some poor schmuck locked up for life.

The death penalty is much more severe than being locked up for life, as well as irreversible.

Someone dying after being locked up for 60 years is also irreversible, and less people seem to try to exonerate those incorrectly convicted of life sentences than DP sentences.

But there is still a chance, even if it is small that your innocence can be proven during those 60 years. That can't happen if you are already dead. It's gotta suck either way if you are unfairly locked up.

See the problem is that YOU don't have any idea who is guilty, you just flap your money maker to defend scum.
So you will volunteer to be the one to tell us who is guilty and who isn't. Wonderful

That's what the courts are for, and in DP cases the level of appeals is quite staggering.

Yet we know the courts have gotten it wrong, and we killed innocent people while letting the guilty get away.

Links?
Wrongful execution - Wikipedia.

The saying is actually better 100 guilty go free than imprison 1. Of course that would make any justice system impossible.

The funny thing is the DP gives people who get convicted of it far more representation than some poor schmuck locked up for life.

The death penalty is much more severe than being locked up for life, as well as irreversible.

Someone dying after being locked up for 60 years is also irreversible, and less people seem to try to exonerate those incorrectly convicted of life sentences than DP sentences.

But there is still a chance, even if it is small that your innocence can be proven during those 60 years. That can't happen if you are already dead. It's gotta suck either way if you are unfairly locked up.

Then just toss the entire justice system.

So you will volunteer to be the one to tell us who is guilty and who isn't. Wonderful

That's what the courts are for, and in DP cases the level of appeals is quite staggering.

Yet we know the courts have gotten it wrong, and we killed innocent people while letting the guilty get away.

Links?

3-4 wiki references of dubious sourcing.

Nope. Our justice system is the best one I know of, but it's not perfect. Keeping someone locked up protects society, and costs less than killing them, and still doesn't unnecessarily make us murderers.

Links?

One is more than enough to prove the point.

Links?

One innocent person locked up until their natural death would be enough to prove a point as well.

Nope. Our justice system is the best one I know of, but it's not perfect. Keeping someone locked up protects society, and costs less than killing them, and still doesn't unnecessarily make us murderers.

Some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment. You see criminals as the same as you, that being locked away for your natural life is a punishment.

Most murderers have already spent plenty of time in Prison, they are used to it. They now get 3 hots and a cot for life, and mewling bleeding heart prog assholes asking for leniency when they are old and withered.

Some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment. You see criminals as the same as you, that being locked away for your natural life is a punishment.

Most murderers have already spent plenty of time in Prison, they are used to it. They now get 3 hots and a cot for life, and mewling bleeding heart prog assholes asking for leniency when they are old and withered.

I'm not asking for leniency. Some criminals deserve a lot more than they get, and I regret they don't suffer at least as much as their victims do. My feelings about the death penalty have nothing to do with mercy for the animals that commit such horrendous crimes. They have to do with me not wanting any part in putting an innocent man to death.

Links?

One innocent person locked up until their natural death would be enough to prove a point as well.

I don't know any way to get past that. The protection of society is more important.

I'm not asking for leniency. Some criminals deserve a lot more than they get, and I regret they don't suffer at least as much as their victims do. My feelings about the death penalty have nothing to do with mercy for the animals that commit such horrendous crimes. They have to do with me not wanting any part in putting an innocent man to death.

What you get is leniency for some crimes. We can't do cruel and unusual punishment, but execution is allowed by the Constitution.

I don't know any way to get past that. The protection of society is more important.

And for some crimes death is required as punishment.

I never said it wasn't constitutional or legal. I just said it's wrong to kill an innocent person, and we have no way to know if innocence will be proved at a later date. We do know that it can and has been proved at a later date multiple times.

I never said it wasn't constitutional or legal. I just said it's wrong to kill an innocent person, and we have no way to know if innocence will be proved at a later date. We do know that it can and has been proved at a later date multiple times.

And I say it's just as wrong to imprison an innocent person for 60 years and let them die in jail.

And the cases you listed didn't have proof or anything, just increased doubt.

Forum List

Back