Any of you receive crank calls in the early hours of the morning from distant area codes?

Was getting a bunch of scam calls from "Microsoft" saying they were deducting money from my account unless I pressed one to cancel or some such BS, but was during normal business hours, except last night around 8pm

I quit answering & let it go to voicemail and the number of calls has dropped

Was getting a bunch of scam calls from "Microsoft" saying they were deducting money from my account unless I pressed one to cancel or some such BS, but was during normal business hours, except last night around 8pm

Yeah we used to get those as well, something about "your computer security is about to expire" and then they tell you to press a number. I figured it was a scam. I feel for those who fall for it. It's dirty stuff.

The early morning calls we are receiving are designed to harass. Early morning calls, 7 am etc. No VM left, so it's not even a robocall per se, just a "wake up call" very early in the morning.

I am confident it's my countrymen looking to bother me. Their own hubris has caused great harm to our country, and even without me calling them out and exposing it, it was just a matter of time. You can exploit an economy and your allies for so long without it being known. Especially in regards to human rights and capitalism.

Actually most of the robocalls I get spoof a local number

I don't answer, I don't look. I check messages occasionally. That is all.

My land line has been out of commission for the last few days and it's been a pleasure not to have those damn robo calls all day long.

Sadly, the guy's coming to fix it today.

Actually most of the robocalls I get spoof a local number

Without question. Some of the calls I receive are U.S area codes, I highly doubt that the U.S authorities are helping Canada to rattle my cage. I hope my honesty has dawned on them at this point.

America is not Canada, they know a real threat from a fabricated one designed to protect the behinds of abusers in Canada, at great cost I might add.

Me too. I explicated I haven't run ANY Microshit since Debian 2 Potato.
No replies

Debian10Buster.png

My land line has been out of commission for the last few days and it's been a pleasure not to have those damn robo calls all day long.

Sadly, the guy's coming to fix it today.
I have a land line that we never answer anymore

I dumped my land line because I was getting more than a dozen calls a day from bots and telemarketers.

Like everything else the federal government does, the no call list is a fucking joke.

I block all calls to my cell phone that are from anyone other than those in my contact list and I now have a VOIP home phone that also has both a white and black list and will block all calls from unknown numbers or from area codes I designate

Yeah we used to get those as well, something about "your computer security is about to expire" and then they tell you to press a number. I figured it was a scam. I feel for those who fall for it. It's dirty stuff.

The early morning calls we are receiving are designed to harass. Early morning calls, 7 am etc. No VM left, so it's not even a robocall per se, just a "wake up call" very early in the morning.

I am confident it's my countrymen looking to bother me. Their own hubris has caused great harm to our country, and even without me calling them out and exposing it, it was just a matter of time. You can exploit an economy and your allies for so long without it being known. Especially in regards to human rights and capitalism.
Wow dude.

Paranoid much?

My advice is immediately report to the nearest mental health facility and turn yourself in.

It seems for some truth is the enemy.
What does this have to do with the thread title?

It has to do with the source of the calls.

I've angered the lying, abusive, cheating covert Canadian police, because I know who they are, outed many of them, and explained to those who need to know in other nations just how (and in many cases which companies) they are fleecing U.S and European companies who operate in Canada.

If you aren't too careful, you may import our Canadian system. You then wouldn't ask such a question, you would understand. The tactics and abuses they engage in are a symbol of a crumbling democracy. With it, our economy and reputation.

What angers me more than the cowardice of these criminals, is that they do all of this on the backs of so many who fought and died for our liberty in far away lands. As they and often their families, exploit our domestic system for their own gain.

Cowards to the nth degree.

I've angered the lying, abusive, cheating covert Canadian police, because I know who they are, outed many of them, and explained how they are fleecing U.S and European companies who operate in Canada.

If you aren't too careful, you may import our Canadian system. You then wouldn't ask such a question, you wuld understand.

What angers me more than the cowardice of these criminals, is that they do all of this on the backs of so many who fought and died for our liberty in far away lands. As they and often their families, exploit our domestic system for their own gain.

Riiiiiiight. <Crepitus backs away slowly> . You sure you don't wanna turn yourself in for treatment?

I've angered the lying, abusive, cheating covert Canadian police, because I know who they are, outed many of them, and explained how they are fleecing U.S and European companies who operate in Canada.

If you aren't too careful, you may import our Canadian system. You then wouldn't ask such a question, you wuld understand.

Riiiiiiight. <Crepitus backs away slowly> . You sure you don't wanna turn yourself in for treatment?

You think this is my first rodeo? Go try that with someone else. I know who is genuine on this site and who isn't.

You think this is my first rodeo? Go try that with someone else. I know who is genuine on this site and who isn't.
So you've had these paranoid episodes before?

Then you know what to do, go do it.

You're not fooling anyone,

I dumped my land line because I was getting more than a dozen calls a day from bots and telemarketers.

Like everything else the federal government does, the no call list is a fucking joke.

I block all calls to my cell phone that are from anyone other than those in my contact list and I now have a VOIP home phone that also has both a white and black list and will block all calls from unknown numbers or from area codes I designate
Given the large numbers of people abandoning their land line because they have been taken over by robo calls, you would think phone companies would do something to block these calls

Their survival depends on it

You're not fooling anyone,
I'm not trying to.

But you expect us to believe that the Canadian police are calling you early (but not too early) in the morning and hanging up, because they don't like you?

Come on kid. Either admit you're making it up or admit you need help.

There are no other alternatives.

Forum List

Back