The Supreme Court nomination mess

She originally told a therapist that there were four boys in the room others were in the house and more were outside. Since the letter came out she bows claims that the notes taken by the therapist are wrong.

She claims she does not know who was responsible for the party.
She claims she does not know how she got there.
She claims she does not know where the party was.
She claims she does not know on what date it happened.
She claims she does not know how she got home.
She claims she told no one until 2012 when she told a therapist.

Both of the boys say they have never seen anything or done anything even similar.
She has a reason to hate Kavanaugh in that his mother was involved as the judge in her parents foreclosure. Considering the foreclosure one can assume that the Kavanaugh's had more money.
She hates Trump and wrote a letter against his policies.

Suddenly another woman who was not in her circle of friends says that she heard about it but does not know any particulars. How did she hear about it if the accussor did not tell anyone?

The FBI did six background checks on the guy and found nothing. Now suddenly all the people that claimed they should be believed are saying that they missed things.

There are so many holes in her story that you could fly a 747 through it and not hurt the paint.
You got some serious fluff in there. First off the foreclosure story is unsubstantiated right wing propaganda being used to support a motive of her lying. Show me one credible network reporting that story. I don’t think you can. I can show you Fox refuting it if you don’t believe me.

Also all the holes you pointed out aren’t evidence that she is lying. She either didn’t remember those details or she didn’t want to disclose them to a reporter. Perhaps if she was interviewed under oath by an FBI agent there would be more details.
I would be willing to bet if you went to a party and someone shot you in the foot you would have perfect recall of every thing that you saw and did. If it was half as traumatic as she claimed then she should have better recall. Have never heard of anyone that has been molested that could not describe every detail down to smells.
She told the therapist the same story except there were four guys in the room. I could see her not saying much to a reporter but there was no need to withhold anything from the therapist. She also gave no particulars in her letter.

Could it be that she had a run in with someone and she is blaming Kavanaugh? Is it possible a drunk Kavanaugh was knocked into her and while trying to get up she got touched? I am trying to find something that points to her telling the truth but considering all the holes it does not look very likely.

Considering the past of certain other allegations on others one has to consider who and how this was brought into the open.

She supposedly said that she would testify. Now wants an investigation before she will. Knowing that it will take months or longer and if she decides to she can not testify and not be held accountable. But the chances are good that she will have done the best to block Kavanaugh's appointment and perhaps ruined his reputation.
If I got shot in the foot at a party I’d remember who shot me. If I wasn’t paying attention when somebody gave me a ride to the party then I might not remember where exactly it was at... I’d be a little worried about the hole in my foot to take note of the street signs on the way out. So I don’t think knowing directions and the identities of the assaulters is related.

Also Kavanaugh denies ever being at the party so this is an all or nothing thing, can’t be a misunderstanding in the bedroom or an accidental grab with a lie being exposed.

Also if she is lying, why does she want the FBI to investigate so bad? Why would she implicate two people in the assault instead of just one? How does that make any sense?

Lastly. It doesn’t take months to do an expanded background check on this intel. They did it in 3 days with Anitra Hill. They could wrap this one with a few interviews.
Well I hope for your sake nothing bad ever happens to you since you would have such a bad memory.

I know a number of women who were raped or were assaulted. My wife was molested at six. They can all tell you exacltly what happened where and when. The smallest detail is still very vivid in their minds.

The main difference here is there is nothing. No date, no location, no names of anyone else, not even a house color. At least Hill gave enough details they had something to work with.

As I stated I was hoping there might be some way to try and believe her but as you at least got that right it is either yes or no.

As I stated she can try and have the thing investigated then decide to back out as she has done. She would be safe even though she has done her damage.

There is over a hundred thousand go fund me page for her right now. So she will get paid very well.

Guess we will see what happens at 10:00 on Friday. It may not even matter after that.
How do you know none of those details exist? You are basing your entire analysis on an interview she gave to the Washington post and a letter she wrote to a senator. Maybe if a professional interviewed her those details would surface, or maybe the reasons why she didn’t remember would make more sense. Or maybe it would be apparent that she was making it up. You just don’t know, none of us do. I don’t see how you be so confident that she is lying. I’m just asking to look at the entire picture and not just one side. The points I brought up are valid and opposers are continuously avoiding them to talk about her not remembering a date and location. That’s pretty weak in my book.

But you’re right, Monday will show us a lot.

And.......

Your basing your entire defense on the same. Even though you’ve been schooled at least a couple dozen times as to how her claims don’t hold water.

It’s time for you to get serious medication.

I'm sure she is talking about a valid INCIDENT.
So maybe with the help of others, a consistent time place and NAMES can be confirmed.

Otherwise, is there anyone on this board, anyone on any side of this issue
who would AGREE to be accused, judged convicted and punished
on the basis of one person's account without naming the time or place the incident occurred?

How can the FBI or anyone be asked to 'investigate' if there are no details to go on
such as TIME and PLACE.

Does anyone here really agree that if you were in this man's shoes you would
want to be subject to accusations without any such confirmation of what incident is being referred to???

I know if I were the woman, and I had some complaint like this,
I would want it RESOLVED. Regardless who the people were, such
an incident should not be something anyone lies about and covers up.

So whoever it was, I would want this resolved.
not to punish anyone but to correct and make amends.
The goal should be to restore healthy relationships
and address any and all abuses by whichever parties did what.

Either fix it between you or resolve it publicly if necessary,
but don't abuse issues to punish people further without solving the real problems.

Exactly Emily this is very dangerous ANYONE could accuse ANYONE of sexual harrassment without ANY actual evidence and DESTROY that persons life, this is a very dangerous Pandora's Box and it should be NOT opened. Period.

I posted long ago they were opening Pandora's Box....now it's opened and all someone has to do is allege something. Got a beef with someone? Accuse them of sexual assault. Don't like their politics? Accuse them. Want someone out of the way? Accuse them.

It's BS and innocent people can be ruined.
There have been many people ruined by accusations since me too... but how many innocent people have been ruined? Can you name a few?

Oh I see the dumbass limits it to “since me too”. Well dumbass, sometimes we don’t know that answer for DECADES.

Like this:

'Every district attorney’s nightmare': Two men exonerated in 1991 rape claim

My God you have become pathetic.

Next
I was trying to avoid y’all cherry picking examples from nearly 30 years ago. But you wouldn’t do that would you? ;)

There have been a flood of accusations since me too and many people getting taken down. If the “he said she said” thing was ruining innocent people like some are claiming then I think it’s fair to ask for a few recent examples of that happening. Since the only answers I’ve gotten are “maybe Kavanaugh” and “back in 1991” then it’s looking like you don’t have a very strong point.
------------------------- doesn't matter if it has happened or is happening or hasn't happened but i don't like giving the power to destroy a mans life or his sons or fathers life with 36 year old unproved accusations Slade ,

Exactly Emily this is very dangerous ANYONE could accuse ANYONE of sexual harrassment without ANY actual evidence and DESTROY that persons life, this is a very dangerous Pandora's Box and it should be NOT opened. Period.

I posted long ago they were opening Pandora's Box....now it's opened and all someone has to do is allege something. Got a beef with someone? Accuse them of sexual assault. Don't like their politics? Accuse them. Want someone out of the way? Accuse them.

There have been many people ruined by accusations since me too... but how many innocent people have been ruined? Can you name a few?

Oh I see the dumbass limits it to “since me too”. Well dumbass, sometimes we don’t know that answer for DECADES.

Like this:

Next
I was trying to avoid y’all cherry picking examples from nearly 30 years ago. But you wouldn’t do that would you? ;)

There have been a flood of accusations since me too and many people getting taken down. If the “he said she said” thing was ruining innocent people like some are claiming then I think it’s fair to ask for a few recent examples of that happening. Since the only answers I’ve gotten are “maybe Kavanaugh” and “back in 1991” then it’s looking like you don’t have a very strong point.

No fool, no one buys the “when did you quit beating your wife” gambit.

You tried to make a stronge argument on a weak premise.

I called you on it, and you failed.
No I asked a simple question that you don’t have an answer for.

Have innocent people been accused of crimes in the past? Yes of course. Is it a tragedy when they do? Yes of course.

But the complaints you and your buddy’s are making m out of this situation are just not accurate. People are implying that anybody can just accuse anybody of sexual abuse and they are ruined. I don’t see that happening. There needs to be substance behind their claims. And the many being ruined from metoo seem to have deserved it. If You know an innocent man who got ruined by metoo on soley the word of another then post it.

its all so very simple Slade , a woman or girl gets harassed well she tells her parents and goes to the cops Slade . Its very simple Slade .

Like this:

Next

Have innocent people been accused of crimes in the past? Yes of course. Is it a tragedy when they do? Yes of course.

But the complaints you and your buddy’s are making m out of this situation are just not accurate. People are implying that anybody can just accuse anybody of sexual abuse and they are ruined. I don’t see that happening. There needs to be substance behind their claims. And the many being ruined from metoo seem to have deserved it. If You know an innocent man who got ruined by metoo on soley the word of another then post it.
And you, in the next breath, will claim that their is enough evidence in this case, to derail the nominees confirmation vote.

So, when did you quit beating your wife?

Like this:

Next

-------------------------------- there is NO substance behind this womans 36 year old claims simply because the Statute of Limitations is long gone Slade .

Like this:

Next

Slade3200
I think we were lucky that Trump's career has not been totally derailed (yet)
by this trend we see of taking accusations and making a media circus out of them.

The most publicized case of false accusations hurting people's careers
occurred with the Lacrosse team, where the young men later found innocent
lost scholarships, job opportunities, and irreparable harm to their sports and financial careers.

I am receiving facebook posts of men incarcerated from 6 to 30 years
on false rape charges, mostly black men who are misidentified by negligence
or accused wrongly for deliberate reasons by accusers having a personal problem with them.
One young man was a promising athlete, who lost scholarship and career opportunities
while he was false imprisoned, and cannot gain that back.

Unfortunately we do not hear about all the cases.
Especially among the Black and minority community
where cases like this get lost in the sheer volume of
cases of drug related crimes and domestic violence.

This does happen, and it does ruin and rob lives.
We may see an echo of it, a mirror or reflection in higher level politics.
But it is only the tip of the iceberg.

The harassment and threats against Ford are a culmination,
a projection of issues from elsewhere using her as a target.
And people are trying to use Kavanaugh, Trump and other
defenders of them as representing what is wrong with
male biased culture against women.

That is hurting everyone, and not helping anyone.

There may not be "one specific case" that fits what you are
asking for as proof that he said/she said ruins the
careers of innocent people.

But I'd say the entire culture of pitting people
against each other as adversaries, where accusations
whether true or false are used to judge and punish
instead of correct and restore relations, injures us all.
I agree with what you said and am a supporter of due process. I hope we learned a lot by the Duke situation which is why I’m asking for recent events from metoo where innocent people are being taken down based only on the word of another. It appears to be the case that those who have been exposed have actually been sexual predators and deserved it. Those situations also have involved more substance than a simple accusation. So the point I am trying to make is that women aren’t ruining innocent men with baseless accusations. If that starts happening then I’ll be he first to speak up about it. In the mean time I believe we should take accusations of this kind seriously and not dismiss them as liars before exploring all the facts.

You got some serious fluff in there. First off the foreclosure story is unsubstantiated right wing propaganda being used to support a motive of her lying. Show me one credible network reporting that story. I don’t think you can. I can show you Fox refuting it if you don’t believe me.

Also all the holes you pointed out aren’t evidence that she is lying. She either didn’t remember those details or she didn’t want to disclose them to a reporter. Perhaps if she was interviewed under oath by an FBI agent there would be more details.
I would be willing to bet if you went to a party and someone shot you in the foot you would have perfect recall of every thing that you saw and did. If it was half as traumatic as she claimed then she should have better recall. Have never heard of anyone that has been molested that could not describe every detail down to smells.
She told the therapist the same story except there were four guys in the room. I could see her not saying much to a reporter but there was no need to withhold anything from the therapist. She also gave no particulars in her letter.

Could it be that she had a run in with someone and she is blaming Kavanaugh? Is it possible a drunk Kavanaugh was knocked into her and while trying to get up she got touched? I am trying to find something that points to her telling the truth but considering all the holes it does not look very likely.

Considering the past of certain other allegations on others one has to consider who and how this was brought into the open.

She supposedly said that she would testify. Now wants an investigation before she will. Knowing that it will take months or longer and if she decides to she can not testify and not be held accountable. But the chances are good that she will have done the best to block Kavanaugh's appointment and perhaps ruined his reputation.
If I got shot in the foot at a party I’d remember who shot me. If I wasn’t paying attention when somebody gave me a ride to the party then I might not remember where exactly it was at... I’d be a little worried about the hole in my foot to take note of the street signs on the way out. So I don’t think knowing directions and the identities of the assaulters is related.

Also Kavanaugh denies ever being at the party so this is an all or nothing thing, can’t be a misunderstanding in the bedroom or an accidental grab with a lie being exposed.

Also if she is lying, why does she want the FBI to investigate so bad? Why would she implicate two people in the assault instead of just one? How does that make any sense?

Lastly. It doesn’t take months to do an expanded background check on this intel. They did it in 3 days with Anitra Hill. They could wrap this one with a few interviews.
Well I hope for your sake nothing bad ever happens to you since you would have such a bad memory.

I know a number of women who were raped or were assaulted. My wife was molested at six. They can all tell you exacltly what happened where and when. The smallest detail is still very vivid in their minds.

The main difference here is there is nothing. No date, no location, no names of anyone else, not even a house color. At least Hill gave enough details they had something to work with.

As I stated I was hoping there might be some way to try and believe her but as you at least got that right it is either yes or no.

As I stated she can try and have the thing investigated then decide to back out as she has done. She would be safe even though she has done her damage.

There is over a hundred thousand go fund me page for her right now. So she will get paid very well.

Guess we will see what happens at 10:00 on Friday. It may not even matter after that.
How do you know none of those details exist? You are basing your entire analysis on an interview she gave to the Washington post and a letter she wrote to a senator. Maybe if a professional interviewed her those details would surface, or maybe the reasons why she didn’t remember would make more sense. Or maybe it would be apparent that she was making it up. You just don’t know, none of us do. I don’t see how you be so confident that she is lying. I’m just asking to look at the entire picture and not just one side. The points I brought up are valid and opposers are continuously avoiding them to talk about her not remembering a date and location. That’s pretty weak in my book.

But you’re right, Monday will show us a lot.

And.......

Your basing your entire defense on the same. Even though you’ve been schooled at least a couple dozen times as to how her claims don’t hold water.

It’s time for you to get serious medication.
I don’t have an opinion on what I think really happened. I’m simply pointing out a side of the situation that hard headed right wingers like yourself like to keep ignoring.

Like this:

Next

Slade3200
by this trend we see of taking accusations and making a media circus out of them.

lost scholarships, job opportunities, and irreparable harm to their sports and financial careers.

or accused wrongly for deliberate reasons by accusers having a personal problem with them.
One young man was a promising athlete, who lost scholarship and career opportunities

I agree with what you said and am a supporter of due process. I hope we learned a lot by the Duke situation which is why I’m asking for recent events from metoo where innocent people are being taken down based only on the word of another. It appears to be the case that those who have been exposed have actually been sexual predators and deserved it. Those situations also have involved more substance than a simple accusation. So the point I am trying to make is that women aren’t ruining innocent men with baseless accusations. If that starts happening then I’ll be he first to speak up about it. In the mean time I believe we should take accusations of this kind seriously and not dismiss them as liars before exploring all the facts.
--------------------------- All she had to do was report to the cops and go to court 36 years ago Slade .

heads explode over kavanniugh.jpg

Like this:

Next

------------------------- doesn't matter if it has happened or is happening or hasn't happened but i don't like giving the power to destroy a mans life or his sons or fathers life with 36 year old unproved accusations Slade ,
No shit pismoe. The only thing that is going to ruin his life is if it is proven that he is lying about it. It would be the lie that takes him down.

its all so very simple Slade , a woman or girl gets harassed well she tells her parents and goes to the cops Slade . Its very simple Slade .
Ha, yeah... and how many real cases do you think get reported and how many young girls bury it with shame?

Like this:

Next

And you, in the next breath, will claim that their is enough evidence in this case, to derail the nominees confirmation vote.

So, when did you quit beating your wife?
Huh? What are you talking about? I’ve never claimed there was evidence to derail the nomination. Show where I said that

Like this:

Next

No shit pismoe. The only thing that is going to ruin his life is if it is proven that he is lying about it. It would be the lie that takes him down.
-------------------------------- accusations are 36 year old accusations and the Statue of Limitations are gone a long time ago Slade . And the Rules , the LAW as written , the limitations on Government are the only important things to me Slade .

Like this:

Next

-------------------------------- there is NO substance behind this womans 36 year old claims simply because the Statute of Limitations is long gone Slade .
Statute is limitations is a criminal court thing. That’s not what is happening here. If you can’t see the substance here then you can’t see it. I’ve laid it out several times. Just makes me wonder if you are playing dumb or if your partisan bias is really blocking you from looking at the situation objectively

Ha, yeah... and how many real cases do you think get reported and how many young girls bury it with shame?
---------------------------------------------------- No Responsibility eh Slade ?? And the USA allows these widdle immature women people to vote but they are too immature to report a personal crime . [amazing eh Slade]

Like this:

Next

Slade3200

--------------------------- All she had to do was report to the cops and go to court 36 years ago Slade .
Yeah, that would of made it easier to prove. But she didn’t. Shall we shame her for that? Does it make her a liar?

We can hopefully teach our young generation better and give them resources to communicate better if they are ever abused. As for the thousands of women who have been abused in the past and didn’t report it to the cops. Is your message simply “Tough shit”?

Like this:

Next

-------------------------------- accusations are 36 year old accusations and the Statue of Limitations are gone a long time ago Slade . And the Rules , the LAW as written , the limitations on Government are the only important things to me Slade .
Why are you making me repeat myself. This isn’t a criminal case. She isn’t trying to prosecute him. She is telling a story from the past as a character testimony during a hearing in hopes to prevent him from becoming a Supreme Court Justice. Stop conflating this with The legal system. It isnt honest.

Forum List

Back