The Supreme Court nomination mess

its all so very simple Slade , a woman or girl gets harassed well she tells her parents and goes to the cops Slade . Its very simple Slade .
Ha, yeah... and how many real cases do you think get reported and how many young girls bury it with shame?
---------------------------------------------------- No Responsibility eh Slade ?? And the USA allows these widdle immature women people to vote but they are too immature to report a personal crime . [amazing eh Slade]
You think girls who dont report sexual abuse to the cops are immature and shouldn’t be allowed to vote? Is that really what you just said? Wow you’re an ass

I'm sure she is talking about a valid INCIDENT.
So maybe with the help of others, a consistent time place and NAMES can be confirmed.

Otherwise, is there anyone on this board, anyone on any side of this issue
who would AGREE to be accused, judged convicted and punished
on the basis of one person's account without naming the time or place the incident occurred?

How can the FBI or anyone be asked to 'investigate' if there are no details to go on
such as TIME and PLACE.

Does anyone here really agree that if you were in this man's shoes you would
want to be subject to accusations without any such confirmation of what incident is being referred to???

I know if I were the woman, and I had some complaint like this,
I would want it RESOLVED. Regardless who the people were, such
an incident should not be something anyone lies about and covers up.

So whoever it was, I would want this resolved.
not to punish anyone but to correct and make amends.
The goal should be to restore healthy relationships
and address any and all abuses by whichever parties did what.

Either fix it between you or resolve it publicly if necessary,
but don't abuse issues to punish people further without solving the real problems.

Exactly Emily this is very dangerous ANYONE could accuse ANYONE of sexual harrassment without ANY actual evidence and DESTROY that persons life, this is a very dangerous Pandora's Box and it should be NOT opened. Period.

I posted long ago they were opening Pandora's Box....now it's opened and all someone has to do is allege something. Got a beef with someone? Accuse them of sexual assault. Don't like their politics? Accuse them. Want someone out of the way? Accuse them.

It's BS and innocent people can be ruined.
It has always been this way. It is not new. Some of these alegations are true some are not. The only people who realy know are the ones that were there. UNless we submit to a big brother state it will always be this way. I will stay with the current way before submitting to big brother. All you can do or ever could do is try not to be in places where these types of accusations can gain traction. Even if you go to court and get found innnocent that is still on your record and you will defend getting charged every time you go for a job interview! When has it ever been different? People lie and that will cause problems till the end of time!

its all so very simple Slade , a woman or girl gets harassed well she tells her parents and goes to the cops Slade . Its very simple Slade .
Ha, yeah... and how many real cases do you think get reported and how many young girls bury it with shame?
---------------------------------------------------- No Responsibility eh Slade ?? And the USA allows these widdle immature women people to vote but they are too immature to report a personal crime . [amazing eh Slade]
You think girls who dont report sexual abuse to the cops are immature and shouldn’t be allowed to vote? Is that really what you just said? Wow you’re an ass
------------------------------------- looks to me that girls and women that don't report personal crimes are immature though they have millions of excuses for their immaturity Slade . Yet despite their immaturity they get to vote and make decisions that affect the USA and ME and my Wife and Kids Slade .

Oh I see the dumbass limits it to “since me too”. Well dumbass, sometimes we don’t know that answer for DECADES.

Like this:

'Every district attorney’s nightmare': Two men exonerated in 1991 rape claim

My God you have become pathetic.

Next
I was trying to avoid y’all cherry picking examples from nearly 30 years ago. But you wouldn’t do that would you? ;)

There have been a flood of accusations since me too and many people getting taken down. If the “he said she said” thing was ruining innocent people like some are claiming then I think it’s fair to ask for a few recent examples of that happening. Since the only answers I’ve gotten are “maybe Kavanaugh” and “back in 1991” then it’s looking like you don’t have a very strong point.

No fool, no one buys the “when did you quit beating your wife” gambit.

You tried to make a stronge argument on a weak premise.

I called you on it, and you failed.
No I asked a simple question that you don’t have an answer for.

Have innocent people been accused of crimes in the past? Yes of course. Is it a tragedy when they do? Yes of course.

But the complaints you and your buddy’s are making m out of this situation are just not accurate. People are implying that anybody can just accuse anybody of sexual abuse and they are ruined. I don’t see that happening. There needs to be substance behind their claims. And the many being ruined from metoo seem to have deserved it. If You know an innocent man who got ruined by metoo on soley the word of another then post it.
And you, in the next breath, will claim that their is enough evidence in this case, to derail the nominees confirmation vote.

So, when did you quit beating your wife?
Huh? What are you talking about? I’ve never claimed there was evidence to derail the nomination. Show where I said that

Then let the vote proceed.

Oh I see the dumbass limits it to “since me too”. Well dumbass, sometimes we don’t know that answer for DECADES.

Like this:

'Every district attorney’s nightmare': Two men exonerated in 1991 rape claim

My God you have become pathetic.

Next
I was trying to avoid y’all cherry picking examples from nearly 30 years ago. But you wouldn’t do that would you? ;)

There have been a flood of accusations since me too and many people getting taken down. If the “he said she said” thing was ruining innocent people like some are claiming then I think it’s fair to ask for a few recent examples of that happening. Since the only answers I’ve gotten are “maybe Kavanaugh” and “back in 1991” then it’s looking like you don’t have a very strong point.

Slade3200
I think we were lucky that Trump's career has not been totally derailed (yet)
by this trend we see of taking accusations and making a media circus out of them.

The most publicized case of false accusations hurting people's careers
occurred with the Lacrosse team, where the young men later found innocent
lost scholarships, job opportunities, and irreparable harm to their sports and financial careers.

I am receiving facebook posts of men incarcerated from 6 to 30 years
on false rape charges, mostly black men who are misidentified by negligence
or accused wrongly for deliberate reasons by accusers having a personal problem with them.
One young man was a promising athlete, who lost scholarship and career opportunities
while he was false imprisoned, and cannot gain that back.

Unfortunately we do not hear about all the cases.
Especially among the Black and minority community
where cases like this get lost in the sheer volume of
cases of drug related crimes and domestic violence.

This does happen, and it does ruin and rob lives.
We may see an echo of it, a mirror or reflection in higher level politics.
But it is only the tip of the iceberg.

The harassment and threats against Ford are a culmination,
a projection of issues from elsewhere using her as a target.
And people are trying to use Kavanaugh, Trump and other
defenders of them as representing what is wrong with
male biased culture against women.

That is hurting everyone, and not helping anyone.

There may not be "one specific case" that fits what you are
asking for as proof that he said/she said ruins the
careers of innocent people.

But I'd say the entire culture of pitting people
against each other as adversaries, where accusations
whether true or false are used to judge and punish
instead of correct and restore relations, injures us all.
I agree with what you said and am a supporter of due process. I hope we learned a lot by the Duke situation which is why I’m asking for recent events from metoo where innocent people are being taken down based only on the word of another. It appears to be the case that those who have been exposed have actually been sexual predators and deserved it. Those situations also have involved more substance than a simple accusation. So the point I am trying to make is that women aren’t ruining innocent men with baseless accusations. If that starts happening then I’ll be he first to speak up about it. In the mean time I believe we should take accusations of this kind seriously and not dismiss them as liars before exploring all the facts.
--------------------------- All she had to do was report to the cops and go to court 36 years ago Slade .
Yeah, that would of made it easier to prove. But she didn’t. Shall we shame her for that? Does it make her a liar?

We can hopefully teach our young generation better and give them resources to communicate better if they are ever abused. As for the thousands of women who have been abused in the past and didn’t report it to the cops. Is your message simply “Tough shit”?

Yes, tough shit. Tough shit indeed. The next woman that the abusive male attacked would even have stronger words, if she survived that is.

Many women’s rapes and murders would be easily avoided. But who gives a shit, right?

and see this Slade . --- CULT OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT: WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity --- see what you think , Rush will be talking about it shortly if you are listening to ElRushbo Slade .
I think if high shcool girls held a power over these boys that they could not fight. They would not make very good adults not alone judges. I sure as hell do not want some one saying I was defenceless against a 90 pound high school girl. You might as well lay the fuck down right now if you do not posses more control. Life will toss more dangerous things than a seventeen year old girl at you. Further more scrubbing a book from the internet seems like folly. Did some one break into the houses of all f these students and steal the book. If not they can resurface. Seems like a big waist of time.

------------------------------------- looks to me that girls and women that don't report personal crimes are immature though they have millions of excuses for their immaturity Slade . Yet despite their immaturity they get to vote and make decisions that affect the USA and ME and my Wife and Kids Slade .
well many are immature because they are children and teenagers at the time of abuse. And they can’t vote at that time so your argument is pretty weak. And since you are mr law and order I find it funny that you want a maturity standard for people to vote.

No fool, no one buys the “when did you quit beating your wife” gambit.

You tried to make a stronge argument on a weak premise.

I called you on it, and you failed.
No I asked a simple question that you don’t have an answer for.

Have innocent people been accused of crimes in the past? Yes of course. Is it a tragedy when they do? Yes of course.

But the complaints you and your buddy’s are making m out of this situation are just not accurate. People are implying that anybody can just accuse anybody of sexual abuse and they are ruined. I don’t see that happening. There needs to be substance behind their claims. And the many being ruined from metoo seem to have deserved it. If You know an innocent man who got ruined by metoo on soley the word of another then post it.
And you, in the next breath, will claim that their is enough evidence in this case, to derail the nominees confirmation vote.

So, when did you quit beating your wife?
Huh? What are you talking about? I’ve never claimed there was evidence to derail the nomination. Show where I said that

Then let the vote proceed.
I never called to cancel the vote. Are you confusing me with somebody else?

Slade3200
by this trend we see of taking accusations and making a media circus out of them.

lost scholarships, job opportunities, and irreparable harm to their sports and financial careers.

or accused wrongly for deliberate reasons by accusers having a personal problem with them.
One young man was a promising athlete, who lost scholarship and career opportunities

I agree with what you said and am a supporter of due process. I hope we learned a lot by the Duke situation which is why I’m asking for recent events from metoo where innocent people are being taken down based only on the word of another. It appears to be the case that those who have been exposed have actually been sexual predators and deserved it. Those situations also have involved more substance than a simple accusation. So the point I am trying to make is that women aren’t ruining innocent men with baseless accusations. If that starts happening then I’ll be he first to speak up about it. In the mean time I believe we should take accusations of this kind seriously and not dismiss them as liars before exploring all the facts.
--------------------------- All she had to do was report to the cops and go to court 36 years ago Slade .
Yeah, that would of made it easier to prove. But she didn’t. Shall we shame her for that? Does it make her a liar?

We can hopefully teach our young generation better and give them resources to communicate better if they are ever abused. As for the thousands of women who have been abused in the past and didn’t report it to the cops. Is your message simply “Tough shit”?

Yes, tough shit. Tough shit indeed. The next woman that the abusive male attacked would even have stronger words, if she survived that is.

Many women’s rapes and murders would be easily avoided. But who gives a shit, right?
Sounds like you don’t give a shit. We are talking about children and traumatized people here mostly women. Of course we should encourage any victim to come forward right after it happens. But saying tough shit and calling the ones who come out later in life liars isn’t the best way to promote an open environment now is it?

Slade3200

Sounds like you don’t give a shit. We are talking about children and traumatized people here mostly women. Of course we should encourage any victim to come forward right after it happens. But saying tough shit and calling the ones who come out later in life liars isn’t the best way to promote an open environment now is it?

Do you want to hazard a guess as to how many woman and children, rape victims I’ve worked with, some severely beaten to within minutes of death? And in EACH AND EVERY CASE, these folks later find out that their rapist had done it MANY TIMES, most of which went unreported.

They would have (and I have first hand knowledge if this) MUCH STRONGER WORDS THAN I USE.

So yes, tough shit!

woman and girls should report in a timely fashion because its the correct way to do things . Statutes of Limitations should be respected and both the Adult woman and Adult accused rapist should be showcased equally Slade . [girls under adult hood can be hidden away and protected as being too Widdle Slade]

Do you want to hazard a guess as to how many woman and children, rape victims I’ve worked with, some severely beaten to within minutes of death? And in EACH AND EVERY CASE, these folks later find out that their rapist had done it MANY TIMES, most of which went unreported.

They would have (and I have first hand knowledge if this) MUCH STRONGER WORDS THAN I USE.

So yes, tough shit!
Ok good tough shit. It a shame that with so
Much experience you are still so clueless

woman and girls should report in a timely fashion because its the correct way to do things . Statutes of Limitations should be respected and both the Adult woman and Adult accused rapist should be showcased equally Slade . [girls under adult hood can be hidden away and protected as being too Widdle Slade]
That’s great Pismoe I’m not encouraging abuse victims not to report.

So yes, tough shit!

Bullshit.

Dems thrive on victims, so much so that they have to create them. And what better way then not reporting rapists.

That indeed seems to be your perverted political motive.

So yes, tough shit!

Bullshit.

Dems thrive on victims, so much so that they have to create them. And what better way then not reporting rapists.

Ok I’m done with you now. Thanks for playing. Let me know when you get back from Douchebagville

well you think its okay to ignore the Statue of Limitations Slade and that ignoring puts Kavanaughs reputation in the limelight and maybe costs him an important job Slade . The whole 36 year old accusations should be ignored . Just send this woman accuser a big bag of potent op101ds and a case of her favorite Vodka Slade

So yes, tough shit!

Bullshit.

Ok I’m done with you now. Thanks for playing. Let me know when you get back from Douchebagville

Good, put me on ignore. Then you can go back to riding unicorns

Forum List

Back