The structural disadvantage in the quest to save democracy.

“We goTa save Duh-OckarisseY frum oRangE man!”
The Electoral College was never intended to be the “perfect” system for picking the president, says George Edwards III, emeritus political science professor at Texas A&M University.

“It wasn’t like the Founders said, ‘Hey, what a great idea! This is the preferred way to select the chief executive, period,’” says Edwards. “They were tired, impatient, frustrated. They cobbled together this plan because they couldn’t agree on anything else.”

Don't take my word for it. Just listen to what Trump is telling you.

Trump calls for the termination of the Constitution in Truth Social post

The Election Is Rigged All Right … FOR Trump (actually, all Repub presidential candidates)

A good reminder from Gerald F. Seib of the structural advantages Donald Trump and Republicans continues to enjoy heading into 2024:

What is the consequence of this structural advantage? The disastrous presidencies of Dubya and the Orange Menace. The Crazy running amok in the House (that one's due to gerrymandering). Congressional dysfunction and gridlock. A SC packed with extremist conservatives. The possibility an unqualified despot and potential felon could be re-elected.

Trump won the walk in vote in all 50 States, even Delaware. Without democrat cheating it would have been worse defeat than Mondale

They favored minority protections.

How does say a liberal in NY have minority rule when their people run that State?
There is a huge difference between minority protection and minority RULE. You want minority rule… because Republicans are in the minority

I can appreciate how badly you want to believe that the Founders intended for the minority to rule...........but they didn't. The EC is an historical anachronism, erroneously formed because the Founders could not foresee future events.
No. It's serves the intended purpose. And the purpose is still valid, possibly moreso than ever. Democrats can either whine about it, put their heads i the sand and lose, or face reality and actually address the concerns of rural America. Any guess on what they'll do?

No. It's serves the intended purpose. And the purpose is still valid, possibly moreso than ever. Democrats can either whine about it, put their heads i the sand and lose, or face reality and actually address the concerns of rural America. Any guess on what they'll do?
What are our concerns here in rural America?

There is a huge difference between minority protection and minority RULE. You want minority rule… because Republicans are in the minority

You want one party rule, and you whine when your extremist views won't get passed.

We will never know what the true majority/minority is as long as early paper voting is allowed.

What concerns are those?

Forum List

Back