The Story of Zaccheus

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The story of Zaccheus is a perfect picture of a man (or woman) who wants to see Jesus. It does not matter what you've done or where you've been....what matters is what happens THIS DAY... God is saying to some Zaccheuses right now, THIS DAY....is salvation come unto this house. While Jesus is passing through, receive His invitation to come to yours.

Luke 19:1-10 King James Version (KJV)
19 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

A true conversion happens when our heart is converted. It happens in an instant. It happens as Jesus is passing by and sees you looking for Him, yearning to get near to Him, to get just one look at Him... and then the LORD responds so lovingly, calling you by name, asking to be invited in...

Jesus knew Zaccheus's name! Jesus knows your name too!

I know the Lord is touching some hearts today with His wonderous love and those who will invite him in, who receive Him joyfully, will never be the same again.

I'm sorry! I posted this in the wrong forum! Coyote can you please move this thread to religion forum? I can't believe I posted it in current events! My apologies! I thank you for your help.

I do not know how I posted this in current events! I thought I was posting it on the religion forum!

I'm sorry! I posted this in the wrong forum! Coyote can you please move this thread to religion forum? I can't believe I posted it in current events! My apologies! I thank you for your help.

its fairly current----only 2000 years old. The name Zacheus interests me. Maybe it is ZAKARIA----there is no ...eus
that I know of in Aramaic or Hebrew

One of my favorite Bible songs in Sunday school when I was a young child was this:

Zaccheus was a wee little man and wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree for the Lord he wanted to see.
And the Lord said "Zaccheus, you come down.
For I'm going to your house today.

Last edited:

its fairly current----only 2000 years old. The name Zacheus interests me. Maybe it is ZAKARIA----there is no ...eus
that I know of in Aramaic or Hebrew
2,000 years old is not exactly current... I think I just broke a record on this thread for the most ancient news story in USMB history. The name Zaccheus means Pure, Rosie. Interesting isn't it? God named Zaccheus while he was still in his mother's womb and by evidence of his name - He also knew Zaccheus would one day climb a tree in search of one glimpse of Jesus and the rest would be history! So Zaccheus was doing all kinds of things contrary to what God would have him do but God knew in advance that one day his heart would become pure and so he calls him Pure (Zaccheus) Talk about a prophetic name. And to think his story is still being told today. I wonder what he thinks about that?

Last edited:
One of my favorite Bible songs in Sunday school when I was a young child this:

Zaccheus was a wee little man and we little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree for the Lord he wanted to see.
And the Lord said "Zaccheus, you come down for I'm going to your house today.

You're a very gracious man, AvgGuyIA.

Forum List

Back