The story of Hispanic growth in the South

• Banned
Oliver Merino, a coordinator on the exhibit, has helped gather stories that illustrate the demographic shift.

About half the Hispanics in the region, he said, are established U.S. citizens, many of them second- or third-generation whose families have followed the typical immigration path with each successive generation rising in education, stature and wealth.

“I see there are two communities – one is the immigrants, but it is important to understand there are people living here, second or third generation, people who came years ago, and are already established with a certain status,” he says.

• Banned
Monroe High School was about 20 percent Hispanic when he graduated and is 47 percent Latino now.:ack-1:

Explosive growth of Latino population

You're an obsessed racist.

Looks like the last bastion of whitey t Crackers like you are fading fast

I'd say the midwest and plains is the last bastion of whites!(80%+) The southeastern United states is only 55-65% white at most depending on the state. I expect states like Florida to transform into a democratic state and Ga to start turning purple.

Mississippi believe it or not is only around 57% white. Wouldn't take that many hispanics to turn it into a state that votes more moderately...Like the senate election in 2014!

I expect the core of the republican support in the future will be in Idaho, ND, SD, MISR, Indiana. Neb, Wy, Ok, tenn, Ky, etc.

That's what makes the growth of the cartels so important. In five years, the cartels have eliminated over 100,000 hispanics. Bring that to the south.

Change is in full swing in the south

In what it is calling the most ambitious exhibition in its history, Levine Museum of the New South is preparing to examine Hispanic growth in the region and the seismic demographic changes it has wrought.

Levine Museum exhibition tells the story of Hispanic growth in the South

The reason its so pronounced in the south is because poverty exist. Its cheap, its openly accepting and politicians just look the other way. I live in the south, you'd think you we're living in Mexico, that's how bad it is. Nobody gives a shit, nobody cares and these bean jumpers' pile here by the thousands. I was in line the other day, buying groceries and this other immigrant shit, these Africans in their head shit, buying all this fuckin food with a EBT card...then I'm putting my shit in my car, and these motherfuckers are loading up a Lexis Van....I'm like WTF??? Immigrants are really taking advantage of tax payers in this country and it sucks!!

Forum List

Back