The Steele Dossier and the ‘VERIFIED APPLICATION’ That Wasn’t

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
The Steele Dossier and the ‘VERIFIED APPLICATION’ That Wasn’t

Steele Dossier: The ‘Verified Application’ That Wasn’t | National Review
5/18/2019 ~ By Andrew C. McCarthy
Former officials are fighting over who deserves blame. Here’s what you need to know: In rushing out their assessment of Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, Obama-administration officials chose not to include the risible Steele-dossier allegations that they had put in their “VERIFIED APPLICATION” for warrants from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) because . . . wait for it . . . the allegations weren’t verified. And now, the officials are squabbling over who pushed the dossier. Why? Because the dossier — a Clinton-campaign opposition-research screed, based on anonymous Russian sources peddling farcical hearsay, compiled by a well-paid foreign operative (former British spy Christopher Steele) — is crumbling by the day. As I write, we mark the two-year anniversary of Robert Mueller’s appointment to take over the Russiagate probe — which is fast transforming into the Spygate probe. Special Counsel Mueller inherited the investigation seven months after the Obama Justice Department and FBI sought a FISC warrant to monitor former Trump-campaign adviser Carter Page. By then, it was already acknowledged that dossier information was “salacious and unverified,” to quote congressional testimony by former FBI director James Comey.
That was problematic on a number of levels. If dossier claims were still unverified when Comey testified to Congress in mid 2017 (and thereafter), then those claims could not have been verified when the Obama Justice Department and FBI submitted it to the FISC as a “VERIFIED APPLICATION” in October 2016. It also had to have been unverified on January 6, 2017, when the Obama administration chose to include a sliver of the dossier in the briefing of President-elect Trump — the day after intelligence chiefs met with President Obama in the Oval Office and discussed what Russia information should be shared with the incoming Trump team.
Oh, and did I mention that Steele himself did private-eye work for Oleg Deripaska, the aluminum oligarch known to be a close Putin confidant? And wouldn’t you know it: Steele was also pushing his U.S. government contacts — such as Justice Department official Bruce Ohr — to accommodate Deripaska’s desire to travel to the U.S. The idea was that Deripaska could be a valuable informant. Evidently, the FBI lost interest when Deripaska told agents that Steele’s Trump-Russia conspiracy theory was preposterous. What a laugh they must be having in the Kremlin.

~~~~~~
IF the FISA courts’ judges weren’t in on the scheme to steal the election from Donald Trump. Why aren’t they raising HOLY HELL about being lied to by the applying agencies?
Clapper and Brennan are now blaming Comey, I wouldn't describe that as them "turning on each other". They're using Comey as the fall guy. If it's an organized effort by all the rest of them to put all the blame on Comey. None of these perpetrators should go scot free then it will be a beautiful thing.

agKVgdL.jpg

Last edited:
Curious to see who the fall guy's gonna be. I can't imagine any of the deep staters accepting that role. I'm sure it'll be the one who commits suicide or is killed in a robbery in which nothing is taken. Hillary's trademark.

Brennen, Comey, McCabe, Clapper, Strzok, and Page all need to pay the price for this one. It’s banana republic Venezuela type shit.

Fuck them all and anyone who will support corruption just because they are politically opposed to the victim of the corruption.

This wasn't simply a clerical error, it was treason and part of an attempted political coup. If the media didn't hate the President, Comey and Brennan would be in federal prison today.

If the Woods procedures were not followed and the evidence presented in the FISA warrant application was 100% confirmed, the law was broken and those who did not follow procedures should be held accountable.

It’s amazing how the libs stay away from these threads.

Libs, all you have to say is, “I hope the investigation shows that no one broke the law and that Obama did not weaponize his intelligence apparatus to spy on an opposing campaign.”

You don’t want the government to be corrupt, do you?

Forum List

Back