"The standard of living of the average American has to decline."

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Paul Volker(Federal Reserve Chairman), 1979: "The standard of living of the average American has to decline."

"I don't think you can escape that."

"Volcker Asserts U.S. Must Trim Living Standard," New York times, October 18, 1979, p. 1

... and it did too

The American GREEN dream!!

images

Greg

We are a wasteful nation, consumerism is rampant, but we have the mega rich and the mega poor. We have extremes of social inequality.

Mexicans make under 5 bucks A DAY, we want min wage to go up to 15 an hour. I guess that is the way we will be able to afford the air conditioners that Trump plans on putting a tariff tax on when they cross the boarder, which will trickle down to us tax payers. We have priced ourselves right out of jobs.

Last edited:
We are a wasteful nation, consumerism is rampant, but we have the mega rich and the mega poor. We have extremes of social inequality.

Mexicans make under 5 bucks A DAY, we want min wage to go up to 15 an hour. I guess that is the way we will be able to afford the air conditioners that Trump plans on putting a tariff tax on when they cross the boarder, which will trickle down to us tax payers. We have priced ourselves right out of jobs.

Yes, well, somebody has to do it! Mexicans have to eat also.:dance::thewave:

Yes, well, somebody has to do it! Mexicans have to eat also.:dance::thewave:

Well they certainty have the jobs on their soil and the corps just love it.

Forum List

Back