The South's Economy Is Falling Behind

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Republican economic policies have not helped the south. In fact, their policies have harmed the south.

The south's biggest problem is their hate for two things. Education and taxes. Until the south realizes that education is the best, fastest and most permanent way to economic freedom and it takes money to make money, the south will continue to fall behind.

The South's Economy Is Falling Behind: 'All of a Sudden the Money Stops Flowing'

The OP article ignore the purchasing power of a dollar. Someone in the South can live cheaper than they can in California and have the same lifestile because the dollar has greater purchasing power than it does in many places with inflated incomes.

$100 Map-state-01.png

Republican economic policies have not helped the south. In fact, their policies have harmed the south.

The south's biggest problem is their hate for two things. Education and taxes. Until the south realizes that education is the best, fastest and most permanent way to economic freedom and it takes money to make money, the south will continue to fall behind.

The South's Economy Is Falling Behind: 'All of a Sudden the Money Stops Flowing'

Mississippi has always been poor.

Besides the financial aspects, living with a bunch of retarded moonbats would drive me nuts. It's bad enough I have to live so close to Austin.

Actually in the long term, Conservative policies have helped the South's economy quite a bit.

80 years ago, the South was a lot crappier economically and a lot poorer. People had to shoot possums and other game for food, they still hadn't recovered from the War of Northern Aggression in the 19th Century. They largely recovered, and have been outgrowing the north over the past half century for 2 reasons. One, the Conservative policy of getting rid of Jim Crow made the region seem less "queer" to other Americans. My dad never drove us down to Florida back in the day, the customs of separate toilets and all of that were a protocol which was not known in Poland, and we didn't want to learn it.

The other was the Right to Work, which kept Big Labor's paws out of the worker's pockets, and encouraged companies to locate in the Land of Cotton.

TN gives free junior college and tech school to every resident over 18 without leftwing mandatory taxes.
What was that about education, dipshit?

OK who's economy is thriving in your estimation? I live in Alabama. I have a thriving business and the value of my home has increased 30% in the last 2 years, close to 70% in the last 8 I own a 2 BR 2 bath, 1,400 sq ft home on 3.5 acres. My property tax is just under $300/year. We can discuss why Southern states may be lagging, but you probably won't like the reasons. Hint: Has to do with our population.

They'll never get it. Their hate keeps them behind, while they vote against their own interests. i've lived there. You should here some of the people complain. For example HC. They don't get it when the bill comes due. How come they had to pay so much? Or how come this wasn't covered? How come they closed the hospitals? They never make the connection between that and Republican policies.

Oh Jeebus, talk about terminal myopia.

The cost of living across the states varies quite a bit. Consider how much housing one gets for $300K.

Here's how much home $300,000 will buy you in every US state

And then factor in other items. In CA, we have some of the highest income, property and sales taxes in the country. Gas taxes and mandatory formulations push our gas prices to over $1/gallon higher than the average across the U.S. Poor road conditions lead to higher car maintenance and repairs. The schools are crappy so many families use private schools, a double taxation considering they also pay to support the failing public ones.

OK who's economy is thriving in your estimation? I live in Alabama. I have a thriving business and the value of my home has increased 30% in the last 2 years, close to 70% in the last 8 I own a 2 BR 2 bath, 1,400 sq ft home on 3.5 acres. My property tax is just under $300/year. We can discuss why Southern states may be lagging, but you probably won't like the reasons. Hint: Has to do with our population.
What percentage of the population in Alabama is in your situation? And can you tell me why others in the population are lagging? I can.

What percentage of the population in Alabama is in your situation? And can you tell me why others in the population are lagging? I can.

Alabama’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate, at 3.8 percent in April, was up slightly from March’s revised rate at 3.7, and below the year-ago rate of 4.1 percent.
The national rate at 3.6 percent in April, was down from March’s rate at 3.8, and below the year-ago rate of 3.9 percent.

Goods Producing Employment
The Goods Producing sectors increased by 2,400 jobs in April. The employment level grew due to construction along with mining and logging. Employment increased by 11,100 over the year due to growth in construction, manufacturing, and mining and logging.

Service Providing Employment
The Service Providing sectors increased by 8,400 jobs over the month and this increase was due to leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, education and health services, government, other services, and financial activities. Annually, Service Providing sectors added 24,500 jobs. The gains occurred in leisure and hospitality; professional and business services; education and health services; other services; government; financial activities; and trade, transportation, and utilities.
Total Private
Total private employment increased by 9,600 over the month to total 1,685,400 in April. Over the year, employment gained 33,400 jobs.
Average weekly hours rose by 6 minutes over the month and declined by 18 minutes over the year.
Average weekly earnings, at $845.15 in April, were up by $2.75 from March and increased by $18.35 over the year.
Average hourly earnings, at $24.01 in April, increased by 1 cent over the month and rose by 72 cents from year-ago.

http://www2.labor.alabama.gov/Newsletter/LMI Newsletter.pdf

Forget it. The greatest asset to the south is them that furrnerz. They'll trample the mullet heads on any jobsite

The OP article ignore the purchasing power of a dollar. Someone in the South can live cheaper than they can in California and have the same lifestile because the dollar has greater purchasing power than it does in many places with inflated incomes.

View attachment 264705

I live in Florida and our economy is doing great.

Buildings are going up all over and now hiring signs are all over as well.

Works for me.

View attachment 264705

Works for me.

Are buildings being built near the water's edge? Global Warmist Dogma says the within a short period of time, the low-lying areas of Florida will be under water.

View attachment 264705

Works for me.
Si. Hay trabajo aqui !

View attachment 264705

Works for me.

And i live in virginia with 2.9% unemployment. Oh woe be we po' southerners. We should move to Californy with its 4.3% unemployment

Forum List

Back