The Social Safety Net has become a Hammock

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
We get £17,680 a year in benefits, buy 40 cigs a day, have a laptop and a home with 47-inch TV.. why work?

A SKIVING couple told last night how they claim £17,680 a year in benefits — and don’t even bother looking for work because it would leave them worse off.
Danny Creamer, 21, and Gina Allan, 18, spend each day watching their 47in flatscreen TV and smoking 40 cigarettes between them in their comfy two-bedroom flat.
It is all funded by the taxpayer, yet the couple say they deserve sympathy because they are “trapped”.
They even claim they are entitled to their generous handouts because their hard-working parents have been paying tax for years.

Why work? | The Sun |News

It gets worse, read the whole thing. They spend more on clothes for their baby than I spent on 2 of my kids when they were babies and we made $120K per year back then.

Last edited:
We get £17,680 a year in benefits, buy 40 cigs a day, have a laptop and a home with 47-inch TV.. why work?

A SKIVING couple told last night how they claim £17,680 a year in benefits — and don’t even bother looking for work because it would leave them worse off.
Danny Creamer, 21, and Gina Allan, 18, spend each day watching their 47in flatscreen TV and smoking 40 cigarettes between them in their comfy two-bedroom flat.
It is all funded by the taxpayer, yet the couple say they deserve sympathy because they are “trapped”.
They even claim they are entitled to their generous handouts because their hard-working parents have been paying tax for years.

Read more: Why work? | The Sun |News

Why work? | The Sun |News

These idiots are exactly why handout programs don't work. The day will come soon enough when there simply isn't enough Tax money to subsidize these lazy bums and their unsustainable entitlement programs... And I'm talking globally here.

"People don’t understand — we’re actually stuck on benefits. In fact, we feel trapped.” Danny and Gina thought about going to college, but could not decide which course to take.
Gina said: “We have discussed getting more qualifications but just thought there’s no point when we don’t know what we want to do in the future. We wouldn’t know where to start.”

What absolute bullshit!

The welfare situation is a little different in the U.S., primarily consisting of single mothers with children. Social Justice means that the government will replace the absent father as a source of support, thereby rendering him even more irrelevant to the family unit.

I agree with them in this respect: don't blame them, blame the system that allows them to do this. If i was faced with working my ass off to make as much i would by not working, i would choose not working.

The Sun is always FOS. The Conservatives are almost as bad as Pubs. The 2 worst major parties and most savage economies in the modern world. Also most to blame for the meltdown and screwing up the recovery...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back