The smartest man in professional football

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
2532807.jpg

Don't recognize him? He only played three years.

Ryan Broyles was a pro football player for a few years, which means he probably would have been flat broke and pretty much destitute about two years after he no longer played. Instead, he stuck to his budget and he's doing great: Why NFL player Ryan Broyles lives like he made $60,000 last year, and not $600,000

The 27-year-old Broyles made over $2 million from the Lions between 2012 and now. But he keeps to a budget of $5,000 a month in total spending. Of course, that’s a lot of income for most people, but spending less than you earn, if you’re able to, is smart in any income bracket.

He said some of his friends ask him why he doesn’t have flashy things, like a Porsche. But he tells them he’ll have such things one day, and he won’t even have to be working when he buys them.

“I want to invest and I want the investments to provide so I’m financially free,” he told me.

When he was a child in Oklahoma, his parents didn’t have a lot of extra money, but he said they taught him a strong work ethic. He mowed lawns when he was 8 years old to earn money to go on team basketball trips. In high school, he worked at an Albertson’s grocery store as a bag boy and worked as a referee for kids’ sports leagues. “I’ve always worked for my money, and seen it as something I needed to cherish and not take for granted,” he said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back