The slow ethnic cleansing of Palestine.

Arab Muslim Israeli Journalist Khaled Abu Toameh.
Israel is a free and open country with a democracy, that respects the freedom of the media. You can basically write any anti-Israel story and still walk in downtown Jerusalem or Tel Aviv without having to worry about your safety. Anyone can be a journalist in Israel.

We don’t have a free media in the Palestinian area, we didn’t have one when I was working there in the late 70’s and early 80’s, we didn’t have one when the PLO came here after the signing of the Oslo accords and we still don’t have one under Fatah and Hamas.

Israel is a free and open democratic country. I enjoy living here and I would rather live as a second class citizen in Israel, even though I’m not, than a first class citizen in any Arab country.

I’m not pro-Israel, I’m not pro-Palestinian and I’m not pro-American. But as a journalist, I’m pro the facts and pro the truth.
http://www.frumforum.com/abu-toameh-what-the-western-

Judenstaat = Jew-State, sometimes translated (slightly less accurately) as 'Jewish State'. It is the term used in early Zionist literature to describe their imagined State, which they considered placing in South America, among other possibilities, before Palestine was chosen.

Arab Muslim Israeli Journalist Khaled Abu Toameh.
Israel is a free and open country with a democracy, that respects the freedom of the media. You can basically write any anti-Israel story and still walk in downtown Jerusalem or Tel Aviv without having to worry about your safety. Anyone can be a journalist in Israel.

We don’t have a free media in the Palestinian area, we didn’t have one when I was working there in the late 70’s and early 80’s, we didn’t have one when the PLO came here after the signing of the Oslo accords and we still don’t have one under Fatah and Hamas.

Israel is a free and open democratic country. I enjoy living here and I would rather live as a second class citizen in Israel, even though I’m not, than a first class citizen in any Arab country.

I’m not pro-Israel, I’m not pro-Palestinian and I’m not pro-American. But as a journalist, I’m pro the facts and pro the truth.
http://www.frumforum.com/abu-toameh-what-the-western-

I absolutely agree on that. Most of the media in the ME is state owned. Al Jazeera is the only independent media outside of Israel and that is because it is located off shore and not in any country.

You can find many good points and many bad points on Israel - but you seem to think by posting endless numbers of "pro-Israel" articles that the bad stuff ceases to exist. That's really kind of sad. Israel isn't perfect. Criticizing it's policies isn't "bashing it" nor will it cause Israel to crumble into dust. Pretending they don't exist just allows them to be perpetrated.

Judenstaat = Jew-State, sometimes translated (slightly less accurately) as 'Jewish State'. It is the term used in early Zionist literature to describe their imagined State, which they considered placing in South America, among other possibilities, before Palestine was chosen.

Ah, I had never heard that term before.

. Al Jazeera is the only independent media outside of Israel and that is because it is located off shore and not in any country.

Well, no. al Jazeera is funded by Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Last edited:
I thought AJ was based out of the Qatar and was still owned by royalty?

Still remains the most independent (major) media outlet in the region, though

Got news for you. It ain't no imagined state . Israel exists :D
You mad bro? :lol:

I thought AJ was based out of the Qatar and was still owned by royalty?

Still remains the most independent (major) media outlet in the region, though

That would make al Jazeera state-owned and Islamized since it's funded by Qatar and Muslim Brotherhood which has a strong presence there.

. Al Jazeera is the only independent media outside of Israel and that is because it is located off shore and not in any country.

Well, no. al Jazeera is funded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Al Jazeera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well yes. Al Jazeera is considered independent media - though there is some dispute as to whether it is influenced by the government of Qatar where it receives most of it's funding.

In the 2000s, the network was praised by the Index on Censorship for circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world, and by the Webby Awards, who nominated it as one of the five best news web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic and The Smoking Gun. It was also voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple, Google, Ikea and Starbucks. In 2011, Salon.com said Al Jazeera's coverage of the 2011 Egyptian protests was superior to that of the American news media, while U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also opined that the network's news coverage was more informative, and less opinion-driven than American journalism.[5]

Well yes. Al Jazeera is considered independent media - though there is some dispute as to whether it is influenced by the government of Qatar where it receives most of it's funding.

In the 2000s, the network was praised by the Index on Censorship for circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world, and by the Webby Awards, who nominated it as one of the five best news web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic and The Smoking Gun. It was also voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple, Google, Ikea and Starbucks. In 2011, Salon.com said Al Jazeera's coverage of the 2011 Egyptian protests was superior to that of the American news media, while U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also opined that the network's news coverage was more informative, and less opinion-driven than American journalism.[5]

al Jazeera being funded by Qatar petrodollars would, by definition, constitute state-owned media.

Too complicated for you to grasp? Maybe, I can draw pictures.

Well, no. al Jazeera is funded by Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Ah, you changed your post to add Qatar now.

What credible sources do you have claiming funding by the MB?

I can see that Israel clearly doesn't like Al Jazeera and I'm guessing the main reason is it can't control the narrative like it can with US media.

On 13 March 2008, Israel imposed sanctions on Al Jazeera, accusing it of slanted coverage favoring Hamas. Deputy Foreign Minister Majalli Wahabi said that Israel would deny entry visas to Al Jazeera employees, and that Israeli officials would not be available for interviews with the network. According to Wahabi, "We have seen that Al Jazeera has become a part of Hamas... taking sides and cooperating with people who are enemies of the State of Israel. The moment a station like Al Jazeera gives unreliable reports, represents only one side, and doesn't present the positions of the other side, why should we cooperate"? Wahabi said that the Israeli Foreign Ministry would send letters of complaint to the government of Qatar and Al Jazeera.[89]

In February 2009, Israel again imposed sanctions on Al Jazeera after Qatar closed the Israeli trade office in Doha in protest to the Gaza War. Initially, Israel contemplated declaring Al Jazeera a hostile entity and shutting down its Israel offices, but after a legal review, the Israeli government decided instead to impose limited measures to restrict Al Jazeera's activities in the country. All Al Jazeera employees would not have their visas renewed, and the Israeli government would issue no new visas. Al Jazeera staff would also not be allowed to attend government briefings and reduced access to government and military offices or interview Knesset members. The station would only be allowed access to three official spokespersons: The Prime Minister's Office, the Foreign Ministry, and the IDF Spokesperson's Unit.[90]

In August 2011, Samer Allawi, Al Jazeera's Afghanistan bureau chief, was arrested by Israeli authorities on charges of being a member of Hamas. Walied Al-Omary, Al Jazeera's bureau chief in Israel and the Palestinian territories, said the military court accused Allawi of making contact with members of Hamas's armed wing.[91] A co-leader of The Committee to Protect Journalists said "Israel must clarify why it continues to hold Samer Allawi."[92][93]

Even Israeli media is not totally free (as compared to US or UK or a number of other western countries):

Media of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The history of the press began in 1863 during the Ottoman Empire and before the creation of Israel, with Ha-Levanon and Havazzelet being the first weekly Hebrew newspapers established. In 1952, the International Publishing Company J-M Ltd was established as the state's first book publisher.[1] Censorship was regularly enforced in years after the creation of Israel, throughout the Yom Kippur War and the 1970s.[1] In 1986, the government allowed for the establishment of private and commercial media outlets to run in competition with state media.[1]
Current status

The Israeli government generally respects press freedom, which is protected by the Basic Laws of Israel and independent judiciary.[2] Hate speech, and publishing praise of violence or issues of national security is prohibited.[2] While Israeli journalists operate with little restriction, the government has placed more restrictions on Palestinian journalists working in the region, as RWB alleges that the authorities entered Palestinian offices and homes looking for "illegal material".[broken citation][3] The media does carry criticism of government policy.[2]

It's tons better than media in the Palestinian territories however, and in any of the surrounding ME countries.

European Coalition For Israel
More than any other nation in the Middle East, Israel shares with Europe a common set of values and historical roots.
Israel and Europe have a mutual social, religious and ethical heritage. This Judaeo-Christian tradition shaped the ethical codes of Western societies and remains central to our democratic values to this day.

Israel is the only Western democracy in the Middle East, sharing the European Union’s respect and understanding for human rights, religious freedoms, free economic trade and freedom of expression. Thus Israel presents itself as the natural and primary partner of the European Union, in particular with regards to the Barcelona Process that the EU initiated with the countries of the Middle East and southern Mediterranean region.

Over the past 50 years, grassroots movements have emerged within Protestant, Catholic and Evangelical churches all across Europe determined to show genuine Christian love and solidarity towards the nation of Israel.

Especially as Israel’s very existence has been repeatedly threatened by Arab invasions. Christians in Europe and indeed throughout the world have felt it imperative to stand up in support of the Jewish people and Israel.

Christians with pro-Israel sentiments currently constitute a steadily growing movement within many mainstream denominations throughout Europe and the whole world.

The European Coalition for Israel is a Christian group representing Christian organisations and individuals within Europe.
Welcome to ECI

al Jazeera being funded by Qatar petrodollars would, by definition, constitute state-owned media.

It is indeed complicated. First you claim it is funded by the MB. Then you remember it's funded by Qatar. Media can be funded by a state without being controlled by a state. Too complicated? (We have publically funded media in the US that is not an organ of the state).

It is indeed complicated. First you claim it is funded by the MB. Then you remember it's funded by Qatar. Media can be funded by a state without being controlled by a state. Too complicated? (We have publically funded media in the US that is not an organ of the state).

Awww, did I breakee the rules on the messageboard? :lol: I'm sowwy

al Jazeera is state-owned and Muslim Brotherhood-owned. Deal with it

Don't be an ass. You're essentially spamming the thread with article after article and no commentary (maybe because you have no original thoughts on the subject matter or your primary desire is to simply disrupt?). You claim Al Jazeera is both state owned and MB owned - well, it's can't be both so make up your mind. Or, better yet stick the facts: it's primarily funded by Qatar (funding doesn't equal state owned).

Don't be an ass. You're essentially spamming the thread with article after article and no commentary (maybe because you have no original thoughts on the subject matter or your primary desire is to simply disrupt?). You claim Al Jazeera is both state owned and MB owned - well, it's can't be both so make up your mind. Or, better yet stick the facts: it's primarily funded by Qatar (funding doesn't equal state owned).

50 lashes with a wet noodle for me. :lol:

Qatar and Muslim Brotherhood are in bed together and yes al Jazeera is funded by both.

Now, you know :clap2:

50 lashes with a wet noodle for me. :lol:

Qatar and Muslim Brotherhood are in bed together and yes al Jazeera is funded by both.

Now, you know :clap2:

No, I don't know. I only know you claim it.

Coyote, please don't feed the troll

DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

Forum List

Back