The slow death of the once wonderful PIXAR...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Watching PIXAR become masterful story-tellers and the company that changed animation forever... was awesome. Every time they came out with a film no one thought they could do it again...but they did...and did and did..for 15 long years.
Then Disney bought them.
And what dis that mean?
Sequels...and sequels...and sequels.
Less and less risk taking, and heavily controlled creativity.

Once pretty much guaranteed Oscar winner every year....to total shut out of awards of any kind.

I call for a moment of silence for another great little company.... that gets corporatized and ruined.

tenor.gif

How Pixar Lost Its Way - The Atlantic - Pocket

Last edited:
Disney makes crappy films when it's not too busy destroying all that fall within its grasp.

Sequels...and sequels...and sequels

To be fair ... Pixar (which has been in partnership with Disney since 1985) has released its share of sequels, particularly for those properties that lend themselves to merchandising tie-ins like 'Cars' and 'Toy Story'.

Sequels aren't necessarily a bad thing. Pixar recently released an 'Incredibles' two-movie after 14-years which was as good as the original. I personally consider 'Incredibles' to be Pixar's best property.

Sequels...and sequels...and sequels

To be fair ... Pixar (which has been in partnership with Disney since 1985) has released its share of sequels, particularly for those properties that lend themselves to merchandising tie-ins like 'Cars' and 'Toy Story'.

Sequels aren't necessarily a bad thing. Pixar recently released an 'Incredibles' two-movie after 14-years which was as good as the original. I personally consider 'Incredibles' to be Pixar's best property.

I must agree. It's the only one I've seen.

Seems once computer generated animation has taken hold, they just pump out these movies weekly.
A few are clever, but many just come off as rushed corporate garbage.

Seems once computer generated animation has taken hold, they just pump out these movies weekly.
A few are clever, but many just come off as rushed corporate garbage.

Pixar has only released 20 films since 1995. Only five have been sequels.

Forum List

Back