John Wick: Parabellum.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The problem with the movie is it became too big...the first movie was a tightly focused, well executed movie...the visual style, the music, it all came together for a perfectly made story.....the shootout in the night club with the beginning in the lower level pool area.....great sequence......

The new movie...too much, too many extra people.....to much "world building" which detracted from the story.....

One thing that is noticeable.....in the first movie, when he is changing magazines it seems very quick. This is due to all the other commotion going on around him.....in this movie, the magazine changes seem much slower because the thug is on the ground, with nothing else going on....so you see every second of the change, and it seems to take forever....

The first "John Wick" movie is a classic.....surpassing John Woo.......the second and third are simply.....more...not better....

Wife wanted to see and we both agreed it wasn't near as good as the others. Girl who played the Adjudicator was terrible.

I liked it. The reloading scenes were even cleaner I thought (the shotgun work at the end is spectacular). The horse fight was something new. The opening knife fight was fun. Makes me want to get a couple of German Shepherds.

The characters were still fun I thought. Had some depth again rather than just "another guy with a gun or sword".

Only thing I had that I wasn't all for was the final scene's realistic factor.

But that's what happens when the first movie was perfect. Unless you are retooling the entire thing (thinking of Alien/terminator being great horror movies, but the sequels were great action ones), you are trying to one up something that was already perfect. Well worth seeing in the theater for me.

Also will be interesting to see how the TV show does. Called "The Continental" it is supposed to be more about the world they've built. But from what I hear will have Keanu as well (though my guess is they'll keep teasing it and he'll have a bit part occassionally).

I used to have a wife, kill everybody, bla bla. I used to have a dog, kill everybody, bla bla. I used to have a house, kill everybody, bla bla. I have a particular set of skills. Wait did the mafia hit on my deceased wife? Because I have a Particular set of skills. Lets go get their MSN.

Forum List

Back