Batman and Robin (c.1949)

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA

Yep it's almost 4 hours long and entertaining the whole way through.

I just love seeing the old automobiles in movies from this era. The Batmobile is a 1949 Mercury.

I just love seeing the old automobiles in movies from this era. The Batmobile is a 1949 Mercury.

I remember seeing this once like a decade ago.fun flick to watch,got to be energized though obviously to stay awake for so long. would love to get into a time machine and go back to that time to check it out in the movies when it came out.im sure the kids were like in heaven to go to theaters and see that and had the time of their lives.

I remember seeing this once like a decade ago.fun flick to watch,got to be energized though obviously to stay awake for so long. would love to get into a time machine and go back to that time to check it out in the movies when it came out.im sure the kids were like in heaven to go to theaters and see that and had the time of their lives.

Kids loved movies back then. If nothing else, it was the only time lots of them could enjoy air conditioning on a hot day.

batman-and-robin-batman-masked.jpg

For some reason, the Batman's mask doesn't look so intimidating here.

It's not really a movie. It's a “serial”, consisting of 15 episodes, each about 20 minutes long. The way it was originally presented awas that a movie theatre would show an episode before it showed the main movie. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and an exhortation to return to the theatre next week to see the next episode.

This was actually the second such Batman serial.

I've got this set, of both of them on DVD.

2019-05-21 18.27.40.jpg

Last edited:
It's not really a movie. It's a “serial”, consisting of 15 episodes, each about 20 minutes long. The way it was originally presented awas that a movie theatre would show an episode before it showed the main movie. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and an exhortation to return to the theatre next week to see the next episode.

This was actually the second such Batman serial.

I've got this set, of both of them on DVD.

View attachment 261919

oh yeah i now remember where i saw that,i actually have that,watched it a LONGGGGG time ago,will have to take it out of the dustbin closet abd view it again.:2up:

Forum List

Back