The Singing Competitions - Do you watch?

must be a chick thing.....

LOL. Shall we assume you don't watch Harry? My husband watches them all and enjoys them and does his own judging.

i started out watching American Idol but gave it up when it started becoming a popularity contest.....

AI is totally absent of talent this year, in my opinion. The rock star is the best, as I posted recently here. No singer has a voice to become a household name.

The Voice, is fantastic. The judges, the format. I like the way the judges also compete, rather than just the singers. The Voice won an Emmy. Not hard to see why. :thup:

LOL. Shall we assume you don't watch Harry? My husband watches them all and enjoys them and does his own judging.

i started out watching American Idol but gave it up when it started becoming a popularity contest.....

AI is totally absent of talent this year, in my opinion. The rock star is the best, as I posted recently here. No singer has a voice to become a household name.

The Voice, is fantastic. The judges, the format. I like the way the judges also compete, rather than just the singers. The Voice won an Emmy. Not hard to see why. :thup:

I have been pretty underwhelmed by the AI talent this year too, but am waiting to see if anybody will blossom. I suspect there are one or two that will find their groove and surprise us. It usually takes me a few weeks to start truly appreciating the true stars that will emerge. We do watch The Voice too and there is a lot I like about it, and features of it I strongly dislike, but will continue to be a fan.

The XFactor also pitted the judges against each other, but they never really established a good chemistry with the judges which is probably why Simon Cowell decided to go home to the U.K. and the show wasn't renewed. Though there are rumors that a scaled down version may be put together. I think that will be decided by May.

Last edited:
I don't watch any. I did use to see American Idol here and there because my mom always wanted me to watch it with her, but after seeing who made the current final dozen and who didn't, the powers that be have made it as clear as glass that the show is no longer about talent if it ever was to begin with. I heard that MK girl "sing" and to me it is pretty obvious that her sexual preference is the only reason why she is still in the picture.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

I used to watch AI just for the try outs. After that, I tuned out. Past 2 years I have not even bothered with that.
Nor do I watch the other singing shows. Not my cuppa.

American Idol was much better last week--some real talent is showing through. But if you guys are not watching The Voice this season, you are missing some tremendous talent and some of the most fun between judges ever.

Okay American Idol fans. It's on tonight.

I haven't posted much in these TV threads lately, but we have been keeping up with "The Voice" faithfully and OMG, the talent this year is incredible. Maybe its better song choices or something, but the talent seems to be leaving AI in the dust. But I keep waiting for that special few to rise to the top on AI.

American Idol was much better last week--some real talent is showing through. But if you guys are not watching The Voice this season, you are missing some tremendous talent and some of the most fun between judges ever.

^^^ Yes, the best singing show, ever. The Voice. Fun and exciting and talented singers as I have never heard. Love the way the judges select their own teams and compete with one another, and all get along so well and have so much fun together, ribbing each other, when they lose..and when they win. The Voice is an UPPER! Go producer, Mark Burnett. What a mind and imagination. :thup:

AI still sux, in my opinion. Probably their last season.

Finale for The Voice is Tuesday night, May 20
The finalist are: Christina Grimmie, Josh Kaufman, Jake Worthington
Some examples of their style and voices here:
?The Voice? Season 6 (2014): Meet Top 3 Finalists for Grand Finale [WATCH BEST OF PERFORMANCES] - International Business Times

All three have their good points, and I do not think these three are the best of the best, but of the three I would buy Josh's CDs before anybody else's. . . .

Finale for American Idol is Wednesday night, May 21

The final two: Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene:
american-idol-2014-top-2-pose-00-480x300.jpg

I love them both, but I've been pulling for Caleb from the beginning, and I am emotionally pulling for him to win.

^^^ My mom likes them both, but would love to see Caleb win too. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and my mom and Jena always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I guess that I want him to win too, but since I am really not a fan of American Idol, I won't go crazy one way or another like those who are fans of the show.

Did I say the finale for The Voice was tomorrow night? The results and coronation will be tomorrow night, but the competition is tonight!!!

So Josh wins The Voice and I was thrilled. Christina has also been promised a recording contract by Adam, and I'm pretty sure Blake will make sure Jake gets one too. But Josh was the most deserving and I was most pleased.

Caleb and Jena sang their hearts out last night and we'll get the results tonight. I'm pulling for Caleb.

Forum List

Back