The shocking lack of science behind lethal injections

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The Shocking Lack of Science Behind Lethal Injections
UNTIL A JUDGE told them to stop last week, penal authorities in Arkansas planned to kill seven people in 11 days. All seven were convicted of horrible crimes and sentenced to die by the state; put aside how you feel about that for a moment. What’s salient here is how those men are supposed to die—the execution of their executions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but think what if the person isn't really dead and just has such a low, low heart rate it just isn't detected. or what if that coma is really just a temp. Coma and they eventually come to after being six foot under.

Every person will and does have a different reaction to drugs no matter what they are.
A good example Novocaine some need many shots of it before feeling no pain.

Remember the good old days when the good French lefty firing squads shot thousands of French ultra right neo-fascists in Paris's cemeteries.

I never understood the compassion we have for fucking murderers in this country

who gives a fuck if they die in pain and terror their victims sure as hell did

I'm against death penalty because I think the government shouldn't be like a murderer and plus you can make a mistake and execute an innocent (and there's nothing you can do to fix this mistake).
But...if you want death penalty you can choose the less painful way to execute because otherwise death penalty becomes torture.
I read lethal injections can be very painful so maybe you can use other methods less painful: hanging or firing squads seem to be the "best".
Here we use lethal injection too but I think it was a mistake replace firing squads with lethal injection (and plus we have no information about what happens during an execution because it's a state secret).

The Shocking Lack of Science Behind Lethal Injections
UNTIL A JUDGE told them to stop last week, penal authorities in Arkansas planned to kill seven people in 11 days. All seven were convicted of horrible crimes and sentenced to die by the state; put aside how you feel about that for a moment. What’s salient here is how those men are supposed to die—the execution of their executions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but think what if the person isn't really dead and just has such a low, low heart rate it just isn't detected. or what if that coma is really just a temp. Coma and they eventually come to after being six foot under.

Every person will and does have a different reaction to drugs no matter what they are.
A good example Novocaine some need many shots of it before feeling no pain.
The deceased is not taken out to the back 40 and put in the ground. After being declared dead, the deceased is taken to the morgue where a decision is made as to disposition of the remains. The family may make arrangements and transfer the body to a private mortuary. If not, the body will be transferred to a contract mortuary for cremation. Sometimes there is a period of several weeks between death and final disposition.

I'm all for the good old fashioned way of killing them. But whatever gets the job done.
Fill that syringe with Drano for all I care

I'm against death penalty because I think the government shouldn't be like a murderer and plus you can make a mistake and execute an innocent (and there's nothing you can do to fix this mistake).
But...if you want death penalty you can choose the less painful way to execute because otherwise death penalty becomes torture.
I read lethal injections can be very painful so maybe you can use other methods less painful: hanging or firing squads seem to be the "best".
Here we use lethal injection too but I think it was a mistake replace firing squads with lethal injection (and plus we have no information about what happens during an execution because it's a state secret).
Executions are not state secrets. By law they are witnessed. A prosecutor must attend. The defense attorney attends or sends a representative. The family of the inmate may attend. The families of the victims may send a representative. The media will be chosen by lottery.

Where did you get the idea it was a state secret?

I don't care if it hurts. I want it to hurt. Bad.
In fact, I'm a little disappointed they came up with this lethal injection bullshit.
Kill em how they killed their victims.

Executions are not state secrets. By law they are witnessed. A prosecutor must attend. The defense attorney attends or sends a representative. The family of the inmate may attend. The families of the victims may send a representative. The media will be chosen by lottery.

Where did she say they were state secrets?

I've never understood why states stopped using fire squads. Three 30-06 rounds through the heart will kill a man before he hears the report. Cheap, easy and efficient without a hint of cruel or unusual.

Where did she say they were state secrets?
The part where she says we have no information what happens during an execution because they are state secrets.

I don't care if it hurts. I want it to hurt. Bad.
In fact, I'm a little disappointed they came up with this lethal injection bullshit.
Kill em how they killed their victims.
It doesn't hurt because the first injection puts them into a deep sleep. There isn't one injection. There are three. The last one is the kill shot.

No there was a little misunderstanding :D
I meant here in Vietnam executions are a state secret that's why we don't know if some prison suffers from lethal injection :)

I dont see how hanging or a firing squad is any easier than lethal injection.:disbelief: ;)
Its no secret ( at least here) what happens during the execution.

Just think if someone was innocent ( like you said, theres no going back) We are known to have modern day lynching mobs in our judicial system,Id hate to be on the receiving end of that.

I dont see how hanging or a firing squad is any easier than lethal injection.:disbelief: ;)
Its no secret ( at least here) what happens during the execution.

Just think if someone was innocent ( like you said, theres no going back) We are known to have modern day lynching mobs in our judicial system,Id hate to be on the receiving end of that.
I read something about hanging and firing squad. Someone said these two methods are far less painful than others (lethal injection, electrocution, etc...)
Anyways the best is not having death penalty in peace time (punishment for military crimes during a war are a different matter I guess) so you can avoid pain during executions and wrong convinctions :)

Forum List

Back