The SF Elite Meet For A Tasty Treat

I'd like him to show some leadership. Being There is a big part of any leadership job.

As more and more time goes by, Obama betrays irritation with the details of actually Doing The Job. He prefers a figurehead, ceremonial type of position, similar to Queen Elizabeth.

I'd like him to show some leadership. Being There is a big part of any leadership job.

As more and more time goes by, Obama betrays irritation with the details of actually Doing The Job. He prefers a figurehead, ceremonial type of position, similar to Queen Elizabeth.

First of all, do you think the President EVER has any time when he's not on call? He can just as affectively "lead" from anywhere. This is the same reason that I didn't complain about Bush taking all of his vacations - the President is NEVER really on vacation.

Have you ever heard of a fund raiser?

I'm sure you would have supported Bush holding fund raisers right smackdab in the middle of the Katrina mess.

He probably did. I don't care.

You're missing something here. What do you expect Obama to be doing (that he's not doing) about the oil spill?

Do you expect him to be swimming down there himself? What should he be doing that he isn't?

Get his ass down there and show concern, support and leadership for the people that this disaster is directly affecting. You know, like Bush did after Katrina.

I'm sure you would have supported Bush holding fund raisers right smackdab in the middle of the Katrina mess.

You're missing something here. What do you expect Obama to be doing (that he's not doing) about the oil spill?

Do you expect him to be swimming down there himself? What should he be doing that he isn't?

Get his ass down there and show concern, support and leadership for the people that this disaster is directly affecting. You know, like Bush did after Katrina.

You mean he should be down there kissing hands and shaking babies - costing millions of dollars for a needless photo-op?

Or like how George and Laura Bush quietly visited the families of the Ft. Hood victims while Obama stayed away.

There's a way to show compassion and leadership without turning it into a motorcade photo op.

Just sayin'.

Just keep telling yourself if it gives you comfort.

The oil spill is the worst in history, and he's off eating wagu beef in Pacific Heights. Nice sense of priorities.

Just keep telling yourself if it gives you comfort.

The oil spill is the worst in history, and he's off eating wagu beef in Pacific Heights. Nice sense of priorities.

Won't admit you were wrong about your talking points? Good job.

First of all - it's NOT the worst oil spill in history. It's the worst ACCIDENTAL spill in history. Still hasn't topped Sadamm's dumping of Kuwaiti oil in the first Gulf War.

I can understand your opinion - that you think the President shouldn't eat well because others are starving - but at least keep your facts straight. (By the way, that's very Progressive of you)

You mean he should be down there kissing hands and shaking babies - costing millions of dollars for a needless photo-op?

No, he should be down there acting like a leader. Yeah, acting is all it would be but the people down there would sure like to know the president is on their side.

Bush visited the gulf 7 times in 36 days after Katrina. What's Obama at? Once?

Forum List

Back