The School Lunches Malia And Sasha Eat Vs. The Crap Michelle Obama Has Foisted On America

More republicans crying over dead babies. In many red states, republican governors have denied medicaid expansion. How many babies will suffer and die from this, as well as children and adults? Keep posting how compassionate you repubs think you are though. Makes my day.
You're a fucking moron.

Go ahead, do what Stephanie did, give me the heave ho. You don't seem to be capable of responding with anything but vulgarity and insults anyway, so I guess we won't miss each other.

More republicans crying over dead babies. In many red states, republican governors have denied medicaid expansion. How many babies will suffer and die from this, as well as children and adults? Keep posting how compassionate you repubs think you are though. Makes my day.
You're a fucking moron.

Go ahead, do what Stephanie did, give me the heave ho. You don't seem to be capable of responding with anything but vulgarity and insults anyway, so I guess we won't miss each other.

Yeah I know your type. You're shtick is "GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY BITCH OR I'LL CALL YOU A BABY KILLER." You're nothing. A POS asshole.

If the pictures are correct then yes, only by degree.

Do you think what they are serving our children now is appealing? If the pictures are true.

"If the pictures are true" is not relevant. Those few pictures may be "true," but not representative of all school lunches. Lunches, which, by the way, are not prepared by the First Lady. What she did was help establish nutritional guidelines. I'm betting the Sidwell lunches are hitting those nutritional guidelines, but only by using really fresh, really quality, really expensive ingredients.

Public schools are trying to hit those guidelines on a budget, with people of greater and lesser talent in food preparation. Some of them don't know how to cook healthier food.

That said, even with more lax nutritional guidelines, the school lunches I ate as a kid didn't look that different from a lot of the photos shown.

Keep in mind that conservatives don't want poor kids to even get a lunch, PERIOD, unless the parents, somehow, pay for it.
The horror!!!! Parents being held responsible for their own children...

No the horror would be a so-called civilized society that would choose to let children suffer simply because of the circumstances of their parents,

aka, the kind of society conservatives want.
ROFL "circumstances of their parents.." Oh the horror parents having to feed their own children. Next you'll tell me they have to work as well. Oh the horror of it all parents having children and hold your hats boys and girls... feeding their children. Nah.. why work to feed your young when you can sit on your lazy ass and put a gun to your neighbors head to force your neighbor to feed them for you because you don't care to lift a finger.

So Conservatives....what happens when parents can't or choose not to feed their children?

Let em die?

More and more, it seems to be the conservative solution

If the pictures are correct then yes, only by degree.

Do you think what they are serving our children now is appealing? If the pictures are true.

"If the pictures are true" is not relevant. Those few pictures may be "true," but not representative of all school lunches. Lunches, which, by the way, are not prepared by the First Lady. What she did was help establish nutritional guidelines. I'm betting the Sidwell lunches are hitting those nutritional guidelines, but only by using really fresh, really quality, really expensive ingredients.

Public schools are trying to hit those guidelines on a budget, with people of greater and lesser talent in food preparation. Some of them don't know how to cook healthier food.

That said, even with more lax nutritional guidelines, the school lunches I ate as a kid didn't look that different from a lot of the photos shown.

Keep in mind that conservatives don't want poor kids to even get a lunch, PERIOD, unless the parents, somehow, pay for it.

No the horror would be a so-called civilized society that would choose to let children suffer simply because of the circumstances of their parents,

ROFL "circumstances of their parents.." Oh the horror parents having to feed their own children. Next you'll tell me they have to work as well. Oh the horror of it all parents having children and hold your hats boys and girls... feeding their children. Nah.. why work to feed your young when you can sit on your lazy ass and put a gun to your neighbors head to force your neighbor to feed them for you because you don't care to lift a finger.

As hard as it might seem to a normal person to blame children for the actions of their parents,

isn't it remarkable how such an attitude comes so easily to a conservative?

Republicans don't want kids to eat at all. Wasn't it a GOP congressman who said hungry children work harder?

No forcing is not my solution. Liberty is my solution. Do you need me to explain?

Yes

Parents are the legal guardians of their kids. Yes?

Parents should have the right to select a meal plan for their kids. Yes?

Funding for said meal plan's is the responsibility of the legal guardians. Yes?

Parents should have the right to ask schools, that they are funding, to treat their kids as they deem. Yes?

Welfare safety nets is a tertiary issue. However, just because you are on welfare does not mean you should have to hand over guardianship of you kids to the government. Yes?

Voila... off the top of my head there is the outline of my liberty based solution for you sir.

Every parent should be able to pick their kids lunch? Meaning instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?

That sounds more like anarchy to me because everyone will want something different and when someone doesnt get their veggie tofu wrap then w're back a square one with the parents not liking the choices arent we?

There has to be a better way than let every parent decide what the school menu will be everyday

The idea that some bureaucrat in Washington DC should have more say over what's in a kids lunch than his own parents is too ludicrous to contemplate. In fact, the idea that Washington bureaucrats should have any say whatsoever is ludicrous.

How can all these numskulls who claim to believe in "choice" and "democracy" support this police state policy?

How many parents should make up the school lunch decisions? All of them?

How is that logistically possible? lol
It's simple, but of course you have no way of knowing that, you enjoy the complex set up of Washington in our local world. But yeah it's simple!

Parents are the legal guardians of their kids. Yes?

Parents should have the right to select a meal plan for their kids. Yes?

Funding for said meal plan's is the responsibility of the legal guardians. Yes?

Parents should have the right to ask schools, that they are funding, to treat their kids as they deem. Yes?

Welfare safety nets is a tertiary issue. However, just because you are on welfare does not mean you should have to hand over guardianship of you kids to the government. Yes?

Voila... off the top of my head there is the outline of my liberty based solution for you sir.

Every parent should be able to pick their kids lunch? Meaning instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?

That sounds more like anarchy to me because everyone will want something different and when someone doesnt get their veggie tofu wrap then w're back a square one with the parents not liking the choices arent we?

There has to be a better way than let every parent decide what the school menu will be everyday

The idea that some bureaucrat in Washington DC should have more say over what's in a kids lunch than his own parents is too ludicrous to contemplate. In fact, the idea that Washington bureaucrats should have any say whatsoever is ludicrous.

How can all these numskulls who claim to believe in "choice" and "democracy" support this police state policy?

How many parents should make up the school lunch decisions? All of them?

How is that logistically possible? lol

The parents of each school should make the decision for that school.

Actually, the government schools should just be abolished and that would solve this problem once and for all.

Every parent and Every school has to fill in the blanks of what their kid wants and then what? Does everyone get what they want or do you have to narrow down the choices and take away their liberty?
So washington is better than the parents? That is the discussion. So you're saying some jamoke in Washington's appetite is best?

You asked, whether that means "instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?" No that's not what it means. It means the schools should provide a menu of options to the parents and the parents should set a meal plan for their kids, either from said menu or they can send their kids off to school with a lunch pail, or some combination.

You do understand that giving them a menu to choose from is not liberty, right?
again, it's simple!

So Conservatives....what happens when parents can't or choose not to feed their children?

Let em die?

Calm down RWer no one is proposing children starve. When I was young we either brown bagged or paid for lunch. Lunch was paid for by all and was affordable. Maybe it wasn't the best but then again we didn't have some self-righteous democrat telling us what crap the children should be eating meanwhile hers are eating high on the hog.

Come on people. Anytime anyone says something like "feed the poor and they will breed" or "children do better hungry" or something else equally despicable, isn't it nearly always the GOP? We have gotten used to such meanness that it's no longer a shock. It's expected. It's who they are. That's just the reality.

Come on people. Anytime anyone says something like "feed the poor and they will breed" or "children do better hungry" or something else equally despicable, isn't it nearly always the GOP? We have gotten used to such meanness that it's no longer a shock. It's expected. It's who they are. That's just the reality.
Right like the Senator of Illinois stating there were 58 states in the US!!!!!

We have an expert here on school lunches. She knows the stuff that kids were eating before the nutritional reforms, and what they're being "forced" to eat after.

Stephanie?

Let em die?

Take the kids away, put the parents in prison.

As hard as it might seem to a normal person to blame children for the actions of their parents,

isn't it remarkable how such an attitude comes so easily to a conservative?
Typical POS marxist. Give me all your income or the children of the world will suffer. ROFL need a tissue?

Forum List

Back