the Schnitzel - a standard dish in Germany

Not my kind of food - I don't like lamb, the food is all very oily,
So, you are a NO on gyros?

https://i8.amplience.net/i/traeger/DW_Recipe_gyros_Hero?w=1200&sm=aspect&aspect=2:1&scaleFit=poi&$poi2$

Best food in this Balkan Middle-East area IMO is Lebanese kitchen and Israeli (even though Hummus isn't my favorite).
What about some baba ghanoush with a side dish of Tabbouleh? Yum. I bet if you had hummus the way I make it, you would like very much.

Better referred to as eingebröselte Kalbsschnitzchen (breaded veal cutlet).
I do not think that the Austrians would use this NORTH GERMAN -chen
instead of the South German and Austrian -le and -el - as in Schnitz-el.

I do not think that the Austrians would use this NORTH GERMAN -chen
instead of the South German and Austrian -le and -el - as in Schnitz-el.

I believe that eingebröselte Kalbsschnitzchen refers to the earlier version of the meal which led to the broader adoption of the Austrian schnitzel.

So, you are a NO on gyros?
Yup
What about some baba ghanoush with a side dish of Tabbouleh? Yum. I bet if you had hummus the way I make it, you would like very much.
I love eggplant - a side dish of Tabbouleh - yep. I do like hummus, but there are many dishes/recipe involving hummus that I don't fancy.
Just as with rice - Japanese rice is absolutely delicious so is Hainan Chicken rice - but rice as such, I will avoid.

I believe that eingebröselte Kalbsschnitzchen refers to the earlier version of the meal which led to the broader adoption of the Austrian schnitzel.
Not sure, but "eingebröselte" is a typical North-German word - that wouldn't be applied in South-Germany, Switzerland or Austria

The likely best and authentic kitchen in German speaking areas IMO is Elsass (Alsace) and their Schnitzel are fantastic - looking at some timelines e.g. Wienerschnitzel around 1845, Cordon Bleu (The bread crumb idea in Alsace) 1760 - I would assume that the Paniertes (breadcrumb) Schnitzel drives from Alsace and then spread through Schwitzerland - Baden - Bavaria - Austria, then into Germany and Europe.(Thanks to Napoleon) Whilst in Bavaria and Baden additional variants were created - like Jägerschnitzel, Zigeuner, Holzfäller, Altbayrisch and e.g. Nackerts Schnitzel.

Off course the Italians favor their version of the Cotoletta alla Milanese (which isn't really a Schnitzel) that found it's way to Vienna. hence becoming a Wienerschnitzel. :D

The likely best and authentic kitchen in German speaking areas IMO is Elsass (Alsace) and their Schnitzel are fantastic - looking at some timelines e.g. Wienerschnitzel around 1845, Cordon Bleu (The bread crumb idea in Alsace) 1760 - I would assume that the Paniertes (breadcrumb) Schnitzel drives from Alsace and then spread through Schwitzerland

Thay's the place. Alsace, that is where my mother told me her family were from back in the old country of the 1800s before my grandfather and my great grandmother came here.

Not sure, but "eingebröselte" is a typical North-German word - that wouldn't be applied in South-Germany, Switzerland or Austria

The likely best and authentic kitchen in German speaking areas IMO is Elsass (Alsace) and their Schnitzel are fantastic - looking at some timelines e.g. Wienerschnitzel around 1845, Cordon Bleu (The bread crumb idea in Alsace) 1760 - I would assume that the Paniertes (breadcrumb) Schnitzel drives from Alsace and then spread through Schwitzerland - Baden - Bavaria - Austria, then into Germany and Europe.(Thanks to Napoleon) Whilst in Bavaria and Baden additional variants were created - like Jägerschnitzel, Zigeuner, Holzfäller, Altbayrisch and e.g. Nackerts Schnitzel.

Interesting! :)
I live quite near the Alsace - in the former Grand-Duchy of Baden. :)

Thay's the place. Alsace, that is where my mother told me her family were from back in the old country of the 1800s before my grandfather and my great grandmother came here.
I like the Alsace!
And my own dialect is quite near to the "Elsässerditsch" that can still be heard there. :)

Alsace is also a good place for a good Riesling - a wine that goes well with a Schnitzel! :)

Forum List

Back