The root causes of terrorism

Well, I think a lot of that hatred would go away if they'd just stop trying to kill us. It tickles me when I hear an Arab supporter complain about their image taking into account their recent history. The racist garbage you speak of are simply reacting to current events. Reading the headlines about yet another terrorist attempt in the United States, and reading about an explosion in Iraq this weekend is not changing any hearts and minds.

I've always known that Palestine was an excuse for Arabs to complain. They could end the problem in a matter of months if they wanted to.....but they don't.

I agree with most of your statement, Mud - but what do you mean by that last phrase?

How could Palestinians end the problem in a couple of months?

btw. To my mind there is a huge gulf of different between hating Palestinian terrorists and hating Palestinians. The same as there is between hating Nazis, and hating Germans.

There is only one way to resolve the palestinian issue that would end the violence. Israel would cease to exist as a Jewish state. Then the palestinian issue would not exist. There would be the French issue, the African issue, the British issue, the Dutch issue. One by one until islam got the resolution it wants, which is domination of islam over the whole of the world.

There is only one way to resolve the palestinian issue that would end the violence. Israel would cease to exist as a Jewish state. Then the palestinian issue would not exist. There would be the French issue, the African issue, the British issue, the Dutch issue. One by one until islam got the resolution it wants, which is domination of islam over the whole of the world.

Yeah....I don't believe that for a second.

There are undoubtedly a few nutcase fanatics who want 'global domination', but you can't believe that represents any real number of people just because it screens on Fox every week.

If you go to the Middle East you'll be treated with kindness and openness everywhere you go...in all of the years I've spent in the region I can count the number of not-so-nice incidents on one hand. The idea that most muslims are hostile to westerners is simply a myth.

There are undoubtedly a few nutcase fanatics who want 'global domination', but you can't believe that represents any real number of people just because it screens on Fox every week.

If you go to the Middle East you'll be treated with kindness and openness everywhere you go...in all of the years I've spent in the region I can count the number of not-so-nice incidents on one hand. The idea that most muslims are hostile to westerners is simply a myth.

Those muslim jihadi fanatics who want global domination are indeed only a tiny minority of probably only a few dozen million.

As for the Middle East being a haven of kindness and openness, that is simply patently untrue. See the outflow of Christians from the Middle east (not just from the West Bank). see how Muslims kill each other in droves. See how the Copts come in for abuse in Egypt. See how it is unthinkable to build churches in many Muslim countries.

Finally, claiming that the idea that most Muslims are hostile to Westerners is a myth is very naive. Most Muslims are indeed hostile to the West to some degree. But obviously the vast majority are not fanatics.

Nonsense. Where the law is shariah, which is the law of the koran, you will abide by that law or be punished under it, even if you meet a few nice people along the way to prison. Is there a married couple now in prison in Dubai because they kissed in public? Are women not punished for failing to cover their heads? If you don't kiss anyone, and you aren't a woman or at least obeys the law if you are, then no doubt you will meet a lot of very nice people.

What islam intends is that shariah be the law, and the only law, everywhere. Does this need to be a goal of the majority? No. Of course not. All that's necessary is for the majority to do nothing.

Katzanddogz -

I don't have time to really go through this again here, but rest assured - Sharia is not what you think it is.

England has it now, for instance....and have you heard anyone whining about it?

Sharia law (as it might apply in the west) is largely a system for handing divorces and inheritance. As such it has been used in several western countries for 10 years or more.

It's just somethin blogs use to scare the hell out of people.

Those muslim jihadi fanatics who want global domination are indeed only a tiny minority of probably only a few dozen million.

As for the Middle East being a haven of kindness and openness, that is simply patently untrue. See the outflow of Christians from the Middle east (not just from the West Bank). see how Muslims kill each other in droves. See how the Copts come in for abuse in Egypt. See how it is unthinkable to build churches in many Muslim countries.

Finally, claiming that the idea that most Muslims are hostile to Westerners is a myth is very naive. Most Muslims are indeed hostile to the West to some degree. But obviously the vast majority are not fanatics.

The Zionist controlled U.S. chauvinistic foreign policy and Israel's chauvinistic policies with invading, attacking and murdering innocent people for economic reasons and the Zionist Jews' own racial fanaticism of being the 'chosen people' throughout the years tends to create deep seeded mistrust and hatred by the indigenous populations.

Katzanddogz -

I don't have time to really go through this again here, but rest assured - Sharia is not what you think it is.

Sharia law (as it might apply in the west) is largely a system for handing divorces and inheritance. As such it has been used in several western countries for 10 years or more.

You can believe that lie if you want to.

Katzanddogz -

So does the UK NOT have Sharia law, Arte?

BBC News - Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

The use of Sharia, or Islamic religious law, is growing in Britain, with thousands of Muslims using it to settle disputes each year, but women's groups and some others are objecting.

''You must speak the truth, sister. Because Allah is listening to your every word, you can lie to us but not to Him.''

The bearded sheikh is instructing his first client of the day to explain why she is unhappy in her marriage.

Sitting behind a small desk in the back room of a converted terrace house, Sheikh Haitham al-Haddad is a representative of the Islamic Sharia Council, the largest Sharia body in the UK, based in Leyton, east London.

Katzanddogz -

No, it doesn't. The sharia courts set up there by muslim communities have no basis in civil law and they are completely voluntary. None of their rulings has any standing in law.

BBC News - Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

The use of Sharia, or Islamic religious law, is growing in Britain, with thousands of Muslims using it to settle disputes each year, but women's groups and some others are objecting.

''You must speak the truth, sister. Because Allah is listening to your every word, you can lie to us but not to Him.''

The bearded sheikh is instructing his first client of the day to explain why she is unhappy in her marriage.

Sitting behind a small desk in the back room of a converted terrace house, Sheikh Haitham al-Haddad is a representative of the Islamic Sharia Council, the largest Sharia body in the UK, based in Leyton, east London.

Try reading the whole article.

I'm starting to believe you really are either more dishonest or more stupid than I thought.

No, it doesn't. The sharia courts set up there by muslim communities have no basis in civil law and they are completely voluntary. None of their rulings has any standing in law.

Ok....and are they a problem, would you say?

Because I would say that, by and large, they have been quite successful, wouldn't you?

I have some concerns about them, but in general I think they are fine - and, of course, a similar process is used by the Jewish community.

btw. I read it when it first came out - wouldn't have posted it otherwise. You really let yourself down with this constant need to snipe and insult people...you don't need to do it.

Last edited:

Ok....and are they a problem, would you say?

Because I would say that, by and large, they have been quite successful, wouldn't you?

I have some concerns about them, but in general I think they are fine - and, of course, a similar process is used by the Jewish community.

They are a problem because they signify the total rejection by a growing number of muslims living in Western Europe of the basic rules of Western society and their deepening hatred for the West and its core values.

They are a problem because they signify the total rejection by a growing number of muslims living in Western Europe of the basic rules of Western society and their deepening hatred for the West and its core values.

I don't think it HAS to mean that - after all, Jews also use their own 'courts'.

Hindus have their own wedding ceremonies...I have no problem with people using their own traditions.

My only problem with it is the issue of women's rights - it is not right that a female Muslim could be disenfranchised by an inheritance that would be her right under British law.

My only problem with it is the issue of women's rights - it is not right that a female Muslim could be disenfranchised by an inheritance that would be her right under British law.
If muslim women are fine with it and agree to it.

Why should it concern you or be any of your business? :cool:

Because people who are in a position of no power often agree to whatever they are told to agree with.

I do support Sharia in the West as a concept, but I don't think people should be able to agree to missing out on a legal inheritance, any more than they should be able to agree to work for less than minimum wage.

Katzanddogz -

It's been here for that long at least. Now that it has been here, the movement is to shift shariah out of shariah courts into state and federal courts. So far, even England has successfully resisted. Whether we will or not remains to be seen. My personal view is we will be unable to oppose universal shariah law.

Because people who are in a position of no power often agree to whatever they are told to agree with.

I do support Sharia in the West as a concept, but I don't think people should be able to agree to missing out on a legal inheritance, any more than they should be able to agree to work for less than minimum wage.

The obvious answer is we end up with more than one legal system. There is no law of the land and no equality under the law either. Western women will have protections of the law denied to muslim women. Which law applies to you will depend on which family you were born into. If muslim women agree that their daughters should not be educated, what business is it of the rest of the nation? If a muslim girl is raised in a household where disobedient women are put to death, it's her hard luck isn't it? If we are to have equality under the law, it makes more sense to a muslim to have shariah law be the law of the land and end the chaos and confusion represented by dual legal systems.

Well, I think a lot of that hatred would go away if they'd just stop trying to kill us. It tickles me when I hear an Arab supporter complain about their image taking into account their recent history. The racist garbage you speak of are simply reacting to current events. Reading the headlines about yet another terrorist attempt in the United States, and reading about an explosion in Iraq this weekend is not changing any hearts and minds.

I've always known that Palestine was an excuse for Arabs to complain. They could end the problem in a matter of months if they wanted to.....but they don't.

I agree with most of your statement, Mud - but what do you mean by that last phrase?

How could Palestinians end the problem in a couple of months?

btw. To my mind there is a huge gulf of different between hating Palestinian terrorists and hating Palestinians. The same as there is between hating Nazis, and hating Germans.

Jordan is in possession of more former Palestinian lands than Israel.

I had a Palestinian Arabic instructor. Really nice lady.....till the subject of Israel came up. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

Forum List

Back