The Rookie, if you're not watching...

If it doesn't show rookies doing hours of paperwork on unpaid overtime, it's not realistic.

I saw the first episode. If it had been a white supervisor and a black rookie the show would be off the air and everyone involved blacklisted. I have not seen such overt and vicious racism in any television show. The only other white guy is a parody of the bigoted misogynist. He plays it so over the top he might be trying for comedy.

I have always liked Nathan Fillion but he slogged through this abortion like he was embarrassed.

Almost anything with Nathan Fillion is not worth the effort. He's this generations Ted McGinley

You'll fry in hell for your blasphemies!

Floral-Bonnet.jpg

Almost anything with Nathan Fillion is not worth the effort. He's this generations Ted McGinley

You're crazy. Castle was enjoyable, if nothing spectacular, while Buffy and Firefly were some of the best TV shown at their times. He's been in The Guild, Community, and even voiced some good characters in animation and video games.

I haven't seen close to all of his work, but Fillion has been in some good work.

You're crazy. Castle was enjoyable, if nothing spectacular, while Buffy and Firefly were some of the best TV shown at their times. He's been in The Guild, Community, and even voiced some good characters in animation and video games.

I haven't seen close to all of his work, but Fillion has been in some good work.

Never saw him in anything but Castle, this crap on TV right now, Modern Family and American Housewife. In small doses when a cheesy ingredient is needed; he's your guy.

As for Castle...it was probably the worst thing on major network prime time TV...ever.

Never saw him in anything but Castle, this crap on TV right now, Modern Family and American Housewife. In small doses when a cheesy ingredient is needed; he's your guy.

As for Castle...it was probably the worst thing on major network prime time TV...ever.

You never watched Firefly or Buffy? Your taste in television programming clearly cannot be trusted. :p

Just for clarity, I've never watched Modern Family or American Housewife, so I don't know what you've seen of him in those shows. Maybe he was terrible. :)

Just for clarity, I've never watched Modern Family or American Housewife, so I don't know what you've seen of him in those shows. Maybe he was terrible. :)

He was actually good on both. He only had a one and done on Housewife--they needed a "celebrity" for their parade and ended up with him--that is what the show was based on; not my opinion.

He did six or so episodes of Modern Family as a TV Weatherman named Rainer Shine. He was perfect for that role.

Completely agree. He was total badass in Firefly.

the worst show of all time?.....yet it lasted 8 seasons.....apparently you dont watch much TV....there are plenty of shows out there way worse than Castle....

the worst show of all time?.....yet it lasted 8 seasons.....apparently you dont watch much TV....there are plenty of shows out there way worse than Castle....

On major network television? Tastes are subjective but a lot goes into the formula of what stays on the air and what does not. So Gunsmoke and the Simpsons would have to be the best shows ever then right? Along with the Young and the Restless, Search for Tomorrow, General Hospital, and All My Children?

If Longevity is the barometer; those shows would have to be the gold standard then, right?

I had to watch a lot of Castle. What did you like better? The 5 or so episodes where he had amnesia or the episodes where he was a private investigator and had the spring loaded desk?

On major network television? Tastes are subjective but a lot goes into the formula of what stays on the air and what does not. So Gunsmoke and the Simpsons would have to be the best shows ever then right? Along with the Young and the Restless, Search for Tomorrow, General Hospital, and All My Children?

If Longevity is the barometer; those shows would have to be the gold standard then, right?

I had to watch a lot of Castle. What did you like better? The 5 or so episodes where he had amnesia or the episodes where he was a private investigator and had the spring loaded desk?

Production quality alone elevates Castle over some shows I've seen parts of. :lol:

After 3 episodes I'd say The Rookie is nothing special, but watchable. I don't know how long I'll continue with it, it probably depends on what other shows I decide to stop watching. :p

Don't forget his turn as Wernher Von Braun in Drunk History...

Forum List

Back