The Romans killed Jesus Christ not the Jews

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

According to the Bible, the Roman governor sought to release Jesus. He was pushed to allow them to have him crucified by the Jews. In fact, the Romans never messed with Jesus his entire 33 years. It was the Jews who even caught Jesus. The Jews tried Jesus in their courts. The Jews sentenced him to death. The Jews who chained him, and dragged him to Pilot to be executed.

So, not to sure about your claims Mort.

Kill ONE Jesus and they never let you forget it!

" Christians" believe that GOD sent his son down to die for our sins. In other words; it was " fate" That being the case even IF the Jewish people did kill " Jesus" why all the hate?

According to Christian theology, Jesus had to die a horrible death -- and crucifixion* is certainly a horrible way to die -- to effect worldwide salvation. Had Jesus died a regular death, say by disease or an accident, universal salvation for human sin would not have been attained.

Btw, the New Testament say it was Gentiles who killed Jesus.

The Gospel of Mark (10:33,34):

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him, spit upon him, scourge him, and PUT HIM TO DEATH ..." [Emphasis mine]

The Gospel of Matthew (20:18,19) says the same.

Roman historian Tacitus (ca.5-ca.117) in his work, Annals 15:44, writes the same, that Christus ... was put to death by Pontius Pilate.

*More than 100,000 Jews were crucufied!

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him, spit upon him, scourge him, and PUT HIM TO DEATH …"

So, the chief priests and the scribes (jews) will condemn him to death, and the Romans (the Gentiles) carried it out. All the Jews voted to let Jesus Barabbas live, this all according to scripture.

Apparently you talk about how ruthless Pilate was and he was (according to Josephus). I did not go by extrabiblical work, but the fact remains in the gospels the jews wanted Jesus the Christ put to death, and Pilate said ok. It was the custom according to scripture.

John 18:39
39 But you have a custom that I release one prisoner to you at Passover. Do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?” 40 They cried out again, “Not this one but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a revolutionary.

Last edited:
THE CUSTOM? where else in the Constantine edited book does that history of THE CUSTOM exist?

THE CUSTOM? where else in the Constantine edited book does that history of THE CUSTOM exist?

I have no idea, it apparently was a roman custom to placate the jews on their special holiday.

Look it up.

I am unsure why it matters who killed him. His death and resurrection were inevitable. It is why he came here. The people who killed him, whoever they were, were unable to do otherwise. They were also part of a plan.

That's kind of a messed up plan. God puts a meaningless curse on humanity because a woman listened to a talking snake and ate fruit from a magic tree, and then had to incarnate himself as a man to get himself killed?

Moreover, if the Supreme Being is a three-part entity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, why did the Father send the Son to earth to be tortured to death, when He could have just made a note to himself to remember to forgive these idiotic human beings in the morning after breakfast? What was the necessity of the suffering of part of the Godhead?

The sacrifice of Jesus would be a sacrifice of one aspect of the Godhead to another aspect of it.

Also, there were human beings living all over the world at the time. Did all of these civilizations get a personal visit? Or just the Roman Empire?

I have no idea, it apparently was a roman custom to placate the jews on their special holiday.

Look it up.

you DECIDED that such a "custom" existed------if it did it would have shown up
in the books of Josephus Flavius at the very least----it didn't. You have any "other" examples of romans "placating jews"? Our of the approximately 20,000
jews Saint Pilate murdered-----about how many MADE IT OFF THE CROSS?
Holidays for jews happen LOTS ----. Were Roman holidays included

Look it up.

in the books of Josephus Flavius at the very least----it didn't. You have any "other" examples of romans "placating jews"? Our of the approximately 20,000

Rome did, they were the empire back then. The Romans always tired to placate the jews, but it seldom worked.

"all the jews want.... " jesus to be crucified ALL???? I don't recall in history any jews wanting anyone to be crucified. It's a roman thing----along with human 'lion lunch------then it got replaced with the famous circus called "auto de fe"

Look it up.

Rome did, they were the empire back then. The Romans always tired to placate the jews, but it seldom worked.

always? the romans "ALWAYS" tried to placate the jews by doing what the
jews wanted them to do? You remind me of my childhood----I lived in a town
that actually developed with an original core population of persons about as bright as the Beverly Hillbillies. Lots of their kids believed that African americans were LUCKY because they were saved from the jungle and given Christianity. There
was a kind of joke in town on anyone who ate watermelon in public. Remind you of any of your circle?

Look it up.

always? the romans "ALWAYS" tried to placate the jews by doing what the
jews wanted them to do? You remind me of my childhood----I lived in a town
that actually developed with an original core population of persons about as bright as the Beverly Hillbillies. Lots of their kids believed that African americans were LUCKY because they were saved from the jungle and given Christianity. There
was a kind of joke in town on anyone who ate watermelon in public. Remind you of any of your circle?

They tried to placate every area they conquered, and they conquered a lot of area, not just Palestine that the jews live in.
peak-of-roman-empire.gif

Roman Empire Map (just the map for my friend irosie91)

The Roman Empire didn't kill Jesus, they created him!!

Even the Nazis-----as they shoved jews into cattle cars, tried to placate them.
They were NOT told ------"you are going to be gassed" they were told---
"we are relocating you to a temporary place" Oppressors always try to
get compliance by "placating" -----even the sign "arbeit macht frei" is an
attempt to placate. Some do it more than others. ------the British Empire
was IN IT for economic and power reasons------but they did manage to convince
lots of the empire that everyone was PART OF A MAGNIFICANT endeavor. Constantine was no idiot-----he wanted to create a massive empire on
WE IS DA GOSPEL.------and there was no question in his
mind that DA JEWS would not accept the idea. ------going backwards----
ALEXANDER has virtually the same idea------EVERYONE GETS HELLENIZED.
He was actually far less oppressive than were Romans, Christians and Nazis

"all the jews want.... " jesus to be crucified ALL???? I don't recall in history any jews wanting anyone to be crucified. It's a roman thing----along with human 'lion lunch------then it got replaced with the famous circus called "auto de fe"

I thought “ Christians” believed Jesus was sent here by his “ father” to die for Our Sins

lots of the empire that everyone was PART OF A MAGNIFICANT endeavor. Constantine was no idiot-----he wanted to create a massive empire on

The jews left Palestine, the ones that remained are now the Palestinians, as some converted to Muslim and or Christianity. Yes there were a lot of Hellenized Jews.

I thought “ Christians” believed Jesus was sent here by his “ father” to die for Our Sins

Rome always had problems with jews. Jews refused to become
"Romanized" which really bugged them because lots of jews did
become relatively "Hellenized". The dispute that jews had with
each other back then were the "Hellenized" (apikorsim) vs the
"non Hellenized" It was bitter but not all that violent. "Romanization"
was a lot more vigorously rejected ----especially by Pharisees like
Jesus. You may have noticed that our dear penny made note of the
fact that lots of jews were literate in Greek. TRUE!!! Not a whole
lot of jews thru history have been literate in Latin---some, but it is not
one of the many languages you can find scrawled on old Hebrew
documents. There is an Hebraized Greek ---just like Yiddish Hebraized
German and Ladino Hebraized Spanish and there is an Hebraized Arabic
and Hebraized Aramaic and ----I have been told ---an Hebraized Farsi.
But "Hebraized latin"??? not that I know of

The jews left Palestine, the ones that remained are now the Palestinians, as some converted to Muslim and or Christianity. Yes there were a lot of Hellenized Jews.

^^^^^^ an islamo Nazi meme. Of course a few--------human beans
interact (genteel for screw) People today called "Palestinians"----
are actually MOSTLY a mix of Aegeans and nomads FROM ARABIA.
There are still lots of Hellenized jews. A famous Hellenized jew was
PAUL -----but then ----so was Philo. Jews of Palestine were VERY
LITERATE. They were so into "literate" that when they "moved"
they created Hebraized languages out of the native languages. The people
who lived in Palestine and became the core population of today's
"Palestinians," in their history, were virtually 100% illiterate.
Hebraized Arabic did not happen in PALESTINE. Nomadic
Arabic speaking people actually showed up in Palestine before
Arabic became a written language----Sinai Egypt too. My own
semi-educated opinion is that Hebraized Arabic preceded Arabic
written arabic

Jewish diaspora - Wikipedia

Another STUPID and ignorant remark from SHERI, the one who has NO IDEA what Hitler's Mein Kampf that he wrote in 1925 is about :gives: What you " think"

A democracy of the unwise killed Christ

He let that happen so the world would see how a democracy of the unwise voting brings destruction

and the jew's are still waiting ... despite their lack of remorse for the injustice rendered. whatever their accusations used for its completion. good luck.

the lion lunches were far before the 4th century and the real cause for the 1st century events, liberation theology ... not written scriptures.

and the jew's are still waiting ... despite their lack of remorse for the injustice rendered. whatever their accusations used for its completion. good luck.

the lion lunches were far before the 4th century and the real cause for the 1st century events, liberation theology ... not written scriptures.

what "injustice rendered"?------what does the "4th century" have to do with
his issue? -----are you referring to the invention of the catholic church?-----
Liberation theology in the 1st century?------not written? what is your
source?

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

Pontius Pilate, representing Rome, did all he could to free Jesus (if the stories are true).

He even delayed the sentencing to allow the Jews to release one prisoner. The Jew chose Barabus.

The Romans may have executed Jesus, but the Jewish religious leaders made it happen. Not as Jews, but as religious leaders afraid of what Jesus meant.

Also, it can be argued that Pilate believed Jesus was King of the Jews. That was what the sign above his head said when we was on the cross. The Jewish leaders wanted it changed to "He said he was King of the Jews". But Pilate refused to change it.

Pontius Pilate, representing Rome, did all he could to free Jesus (if the stories are true).

He even delayed the sentencing to allow the Jews to release one prisoner. The Jew chose Barabus.

The Romans may have executed Jesus, but the Jewish religious leaders made it happen. Not as Jews, but as religious leaders afraid of what Jesus meant.

Also, it can be argued that Pilate believed Jesus was King of the Jews. That was what the sign above his head said when we was on the cross. The Jewish leaders wanted it changed to "He said he was King of the Jews". But Pilate refused to change it.

your sunday school teacher lied

Forum List

Back