The Romans killed Jesus Christ not the Jews

It would be truly tragic to throw away the most valuable thing you possess because you believed that you were qualified to determine that it had no value at all.

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Faith, and rescue from the curse is about faith...not proof.

I bet you believe in photons, even though they are nothing more than a mathematical construct designed to attempt to explain the properties of light.

I bet you believe in man made global warming, and that our CO2 emissions are the cause, even though there is absolutely no physical evidence that establishes a coherent relationship between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas in the air, and warming in the atmosphere...and in fact there is abundant observational and testing evidence done by the infrared heating industry which demonstrates pretty conclusively that infrared radiation does not, and can not warm anything in the air besides water vapor.

In fact, most of the claims of man made climate change, and catastrophic climate change require an act of faith as they are not founded on any empirical evidence at all...and there isn't a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

I bet you believe in the big bang even though to have happened as science claims, multiple laws of physics would have to have been suspended (ie miracles) for it to have happened that way.

Interesting that you will put faith in demonstrably shoddy science, and scientific claims that require miracles, but not in your creator.

No...by your own actions and beliefs, it is clear that you don't require proof in order to believe.

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

I bet you believe in photons, even though they are nothing more than a mathematical construct designed to attempt to explain the properties of light.

I bet you believe in man made global warming, and that our CO2 emissions are the cause,

THose things can be scientifically proven.

The stories in the bible can't be, they contradict themselves, and some of them are just plain silly.

Frankly, even if your God did exist, I wouldn't respect him. He's just a bully. I don't respect bullies.

This is the difference between a morality based on reason and right, and a morality based on superstition.

I bet you believe in man made global warming, and that our CO2 emissions are the cause, even though there is absolutely no physical evidence that establishes a coherent relationship between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas in the air, and warming in the atmosphere...and in fact there is abundant observational and testing evidence done by the infrared heating industry which demonstrates pretty conclusively that infrared radiation does not, and can not warm anything in the air besides water vapor.

In fact, most of the claims of man made climate change, and catastrophic climate change require an act of faith as they are not founded on any empirical evidence at all...and there isn't a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

I bet you believe in the big bang even though to have happened as science claims, multiple laws of physics would have to have been suspended (ie miracles) for it to have happened that way.

Interesting that you will put faith in demonstrably shoddy science, and scientific claims that require miracles, but not in your creator.

No...by your own actions and beliefs, it is clear that you don't require proof in order to believe.

obviously not everyone ...

... just an affirmation of the politically motivated text inscribed in he 4th century christian bible to circumvent the true events of the 1st century - liberation as a theology. as is the prescribed religion of antiquity circumvented by all 3 desert religions.

THose things can be scientifically proven.

Sorry guy..but they can't. You are expressing your faith...your belief that they can be scientifically proven but alas, they can not.

From Observables to Unobservables in Science and Philosophy

From Observables to Unobservables in Science and Philosophy Richard J Connell

Page 214: Hence although the photon is a contingent entity, the relation tbetween it and its motion is necessary. That is to say, as long as they exist, photons necessarily move at 300,000 kilometers per second. But Photons are theoretical entities; they are postulated in hypothesis to account for esoteric phenomena not a part of ordinary experience, and on that account we might be accused of resorting to the purely conceptual ti illustrate our point.

The Photonics Spotlight - Length of a Photon

Clip: The trouble with that question is essentially that the photon is a theoretical construction which does not have any straightforward connection either with an entity of physical reality or with anything simple which we can imagine.

So no...photons can not be proven scientifically. If they could, they would not be theoretical particles any more than cats are theoretical felines. So your belief in photons is an article of faith, and your belief that they can be scientifically proven is yet another article of faith. No proof whatsoever...and yet...you believe.

The same is true for your belief that our CO2 causes global warming. To date, there has not been a single paper published in which the warming that our CO2 is supposed to be causing has been empirically measured, quantified, and blamed on our CO2...it is a story. You can't provide a single piece of empirical evidence to support the claim, nor can all of climate science. It simply doesn't exist...but feel free to go out there and look. You will be sorely disappointed to find that in all the world, there isn't the first piece of observed, measured evidence to contradict my statement.

And yet you believe...you have faith. So I ask again...why would you have such faith in shoddy science but no faith whatsoever in your creator?

... just an affirmation of the politically motivated text inscribed in he 4th century christian bible to circumvent the true events of the 1st century - liberation as a theology. as is the prescribed religion of antiquity circumvented by all 3 desert religions.

You actually believe that we have anything like complete and accurate political records from the 1st century? Faith in one story, but not the other. Interesting.

Sorry guy..but they can't. You are expressing your faith...your belief that they can be scientifically proven but alas, they can not.

I really don't need scientists to tell me that winters are a lot more mild in Chicago than they were when I was growing up.

I can kind of see that for myself.

Then again, when I was a child, I prayed really hard for my mom not to die of cancer.

She Died.

No God.

And yet you believe...you have faith. So I ask again...why would you have such faith in shoddy science but no faith whatsoever in your creator?

Because science can be proven. Religion can be disproven.

You are the one who thinks Talking Snakes really happened.

I really don't need scientists to tell me that winters are a lot more mild in Chicago than they were when I was growing up.

Then again, when I was a child, I prayed really hard for my mom not to die of cancer.

She Died.

No God.

My mom and dad died too. I'm gonna die too. I have no idea about the date.

Guess what. You're gonna die too.

Do you believe you have to live forever for there to be a god?

Puny human!

You actually believe that we have anything like complete and accurate political records from the 1st century? Faith in one story, but not the other. Interesting.

take a look in the mirror, honey your the one with a 10000 page manuscript written 4 centuries after the events without a shred of evidence. is it a wonder not one original document is in existence from the "momentous events" they base their forged religion on ... or the working papers of their progress during an entire century they took to write it.

- the church of the roman empire, another clue as to why it was written past tense - they were the criminals / beneficiaries of the crime committed.

the prescribed religion of antiquity by the Almighty is only 6 words long - the triumph of good vs evil - that's all there is, that was the reiteration being made in the 1st century till its untimely ending. - you won. christian.

Actually, all you have done is illustrate how poor our ability to estimate temperature over the years is....and none of us have a lifetime long enough to see any sort of trend within it. You have again, just taken a leap of faith based on terribly flawed information.

This chart shows the maximum daily temperature in september in illinois since the1800's...clearly septembers are getting colder, not warmer.

Image1109382019-1024x450.png

the coldest temperature ever recorded in illinois was in 2009.

November temperatures have been declining since the 1800's

November-Average-Maximum-Temperature-Vs-Year-1895-2018-At-All-IL-USHCN-Stations-Red-Line-Is-5-Year-Mean-Average-Maximum-Temperature-vs-Year_shadow-1024x953.jpg

Illinois summers have been getting shorter.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-21-at-6.59.37-AM.png

The fact is that winters are not milder, or shorter in illinois. Now if you live in the greater chicago area, perhaps the fact that you are sitting on or around billions of tons of concrete, asphalt, etc may have something to do with your perception...but your perception is demonstrably wrong.

She Died.

No God.

God answers our prayers...sometimes the answer is no. The fact that your mom died when you were young is sad, but certainly not evidence that there is no God. If everyone who had someone else pray that they live actually did live, how crowded might the earth be now?

The science you believe in certainly can't be proven...and how might you disprove God?

I think that a celestial being could fool a human being with little to no effort.

My mom and dad died too. I'm gonna die too. I have no idea about the date.

Guess what. You're gonna die too.

Do you believe you have to live forever for there to be a god?

Puny human!

I think that when you have small kids to take care of, a decent God would let you live out to an old enough age to enjoy it.

That sort of belief is as flawed as your belief that the illinois winters are getting milder. You seem to place great faith in things that don't warrant it, and refuse to offer even the smallest bit of fatih in things that do.

take a look in the mirror, honey your the one with a 10000 page manuscript written 4 centuries after the events without a shred of evidence. is it a wonder not one original document is in existence from the "momentous events" they base their forged religion on ... or the working papers of their progress during an entire century they took to write it.

- the church of the roman empire, another clue as to why it was written past tense - they were the criminals / beneficiaries of the crime committed.

the prescribed religion of antiquity by the Almighty is only 6 words long - the triumph of good vs evil - that's all there is, that was the reiteration being made in the 1st century till its untimely ending. - you won. christian.

Since faith is the requirement to be rescued from the curse, proof would eliminate the possibility of rescue.

Actually, all you have done is illustrate how poor our ability to estimate temperature over the years is....

Guy, you can go on with all the Koch Brother Propaganda (Charles Koch in Hell- Hot enough for you?) you want. This is about your imaginary sky man.

I can take 100 bible thumpers, throw them off the top of the Sears Tower... and God won't catch one of them.

That sort of belief is as flawed as your belief that the illinois winters are getting milder. You seem to place great faith in things that don't warrant it, and refuse to offer even the smallest bit of fatih in things that do.

If God doesn't answer prayers, why bother worshipping him?

upload_2020-1-12_10-5-36.jpeg

Guy, you can go on with all the Koch Brother Propaganda (Charles Koch in Hell- Hot enough for you?) you want. This is about your imaginary sky man.

You have some very strange notions that simply don’t reflect truth of any sort. Koch brothers? The records I provides are from the same people who told you, with no actual evidence, that we are causing global warming...the charts show the evidence and it doesn’t support your belief...

Your belief is demonstrably false...and yet you still believe.

I can take 100 bible thumpers, throw them off the top of the Sears Tower... and God won't catch one of them.

And you think that proves there is no God? Where do you get such childish notions?

God doesn't answer prayers, why bother worshipping him?

You think God is a wish vending machine, or some sort of magic genie? Where do you get these ideas? Why bother? Being rescued from the curse that damned us all seems to be a good reason.

Now that Epicurus knows what happens next, I wonder if he would stand by his quote?

You have some very strange notions that simply don’t reflect truth of any sort. Koch brothers? The records I provides are from the same people who told you, with no actual evidence, that we are causing global warming...the charts show the evidence and it doesn’t support your belief...

Actually, a look outside supports my beliefs.. another mild winter in Chicago.

And you think that proves there is no God? Where do you get such childish notions?

Sure it does. It proves there are no sky fairies, no matter how hard you pray.

You think God is a wish vending machine, or some sort of magic genie? Where do you get these ideas? Why bother? Being rescued from the curse that damned us all seems to be a good reason.

A petty curse because a rib woman listened to a talking snake and ate fruit from a magic tree... um... yeah, that sounds like it makes a lot of sense. Totally a reason to let a bunch of hypocrites run your life.

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

According to scripture, it was the top jews who handed him over to the Romans and they wanted him crucified.

can you name that TOP JEW? I can. I read the book

Nope but I found it, Caiaphas, I have a problems with Jewish names, they sound so dorky. And Judas a Jew himself turned him in. All the Jewish people wanted him dead when asked if they wanted Jesus Barabbas freed but they opted for Jesus the Christ to be tortured and crucified. And the Romans did what the Jews wanted.

You should know this is you actually read the NT. He was a top Jew.

Penelope wrote:
"... All the Jewish people wanted him dead when asked if they wanted Jesus Barabbas freed but they opted for Jesus the Christ to be tortured and crucified. And the Romans did what the Jews wanted."
= = = = = = = =

RL replies:

Jewish philosopher Philo (ca. 15 BCE-50 CE), in his work, Legatio ad Gaium (Embassy to Gaius): 299-305, published a letter of Herod Agrippa, to Gaius Caesar, denouncing Pontius Pilate as "inflexible,
stubborn, and cruel." The Gospel of Luke (13:1) mentions the "Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices". Jewish historian Josephus (37 CE- 100 CE) in his works, The Jewish War (2.9.175-77), and The Jewish Antiquities (18.4.85-97), writes about merciless Pilate against the Jews when they protested against Temple funds being used on an aqueduct for the city, and when similar brutality was used against the Samaritans, respectfully. Pilate was recalled to Rome for the latter.

Now, you would have us believe that this same cruel, merciless, brutal man would give in to the Jewish people's demands?

Here's The New Testament on the matter:

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him, spit upon him, scourge him, and PUT HIM TO DEATH ..." [Emphasis mine]

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

According to the Bible, the Roman governor sought to release Jesus. He was pushed to allow them to have him crucified by the Jews. In fact, the Romans never messed with Jesus his entire 33 years. It was the Jews who even caught Jesus. The Jews tried Jesus in their courts. The Jews sentenced him to death. The Jews who chained him, and dragged him to Pilot to be executed.

So, not to sure about your claims Mort.

This is the same Roman Governor Pilate who was recalled to Rome for his cruelty to Jews; the NT account that he gives in to Jewish demands stretches credulity.

Here's the New Testament on the matter:

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him, spit upon him, scourge him, and PUT HIM TO DEATH ..." [Emphasis mine]

According to the Bible, the Roman governor sought to release Jesus. He was pushed to allow them to have him crucified by the Jews. In fact, the Romans never messed with Jesus his entire 33 years. It was the Jews who even caught Jesus. The Jews tried Jesus in their courts. The Jews sentenced him to death. The Jews who chained him, and dragged him to Pilot to be executed.

So, not to sure about your claims Mort.

Kill ONE Jesus and they never let you forget it!

" Christians" believe that GOD sent his son down to die for our sins. In other words; it was " fate" That being the case even IF the Jewish people did kill " Jesus" why all the hate?

According to Christian theology, Jesus had to die a horrible death -- and crucifixion* is certainly a horrible way to die -- to effect worldwide salvation. Had Jesus died a regular death, say by disease or an accident, universal salvation for human sin would not have been attained.

Btw, the New Testament say it was Gentiles who killed Jesus.

The Gospel of Mark (10:33,34):

The Gospel of Matthew (20:18,19) says the same.

Roman historian Tacitus (ca.5-ca.117) in his work, Annals 15:44, writes the same, that Christus ... was put to death by Pontius Pilate.

*More than 100,000 Jews were crucufied!

Forum List

Back