The Romans killed Jesus Christ not the Jews

I think that you also have to consider to political and social implications around Jesus' crucifixion and the atmosphere around that time. Pilate and the Roman government had the ultimate say in the matter and it was Roman soldiers that conducted the actual crucifixion, however, that would not have been possible had the Pharisees not brought it to Pilate's attention and create a situation that had potential challenges to Roman authority and potentially the emperor's authority if a "king" were to challenge Roman rule.

It's logical to believe that the Pharisees feared the potential power and rivalry that Jesus was creating and used that fear, some political motivations, and Roman law to their advantage to effectively censor and eliminate Jesus. They believed Jesus was being blasphemous and also challenged their power over the temple and their partnership with the Roman government and so they created a situation that made His death legal through Pilate. "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone that claims to be a king opposes Caesar." I think the last thing Pilate would have wanted was to have Rome question his ability to rule over Judea. Even the high priests turned their backs to God in this trial by telling Pilate they "have no king but Caesar". Pilate could have said no and the Pharisees could have dismissed Jesus as crazy, but they both helped to create the crucifixion in my opinion.

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

According to the Bible, the Roman governor sought to release Jesus. He was pushed to allow them to have him crucified by the Jews. In fact, the Romans never messed with Jesus his entire 33 years. It was the Jews who even caught Jesus. The Jews tried Jesus in their courts. The Jews sentenced him to death. The Jews who chained him, and dragged him to Pilot to be executed.

So, not to sure about your claims Mort.
The NT is NOT a history book! It is a book of theology. The writers of the NT were more concerned with creating a religion about Jesus than they were with writing his biography. So far as I know, Jesus never wrote a single word and all the quotes of him in the NT might fill only a page or two.

It was the Romans, and the followers are the Roman church. There are christians in the roman church but also some who are not.

According to the Bible, the Roman governor sought to release Jesus. He was pushed to allow them to have him crucified by the Jews. In fact, the Romans never messed with Jesus his entire 33 years. It was the Jews who even caught Jesus. The Jews tried Jesus in their courts. The Jews sentenced him to death. The Jews who chained him, and dragged him to Pilot to be executed.

The NT is NOT a history book! It is a book of theology. The writers of the NT were more concerned with creating a religion about Jesus than they were with writing his biography. So far as I know, Jesus never wrote a single word and all the quotes of him in the NT might fill only a page or two.

Right. G-d decided to speak through his people. Regardless, we disagree on it being historical. It is historical. The fact Jesus did not directly write a single word is not relevant.

Right. G-d decided to speak through his people. Regardless, we disagree on it being historical. It is historical. The fact Jesus did not directly write a single word is not relevant.
Every religion would agree that G-d decided to speak through 'his' people, though they might disagree on exactly who 'his' people are.

If it were historical you should be able to put the birth narratives from each book side but you can't. They come from different sources and 'fulfill' different Biblical prophesies.

The fact Jesus did not directly write a single word means anyone and everyone could put words in his mouth.

Every religion would agree that G-d decided to speak through 'his' people, though they might disagree on exactly who 'his' people are.

If it were historical you should be able to put the birth narratives from each book side but you can't. They come from different sources and 'fulfill' different Biblical prophesies.

The fact Jesus did not directly write a single word means anyone and everyone could put words in his mouth.

All the birth narratives are fine. All the books of the Bible, are complimentary to each other. So, not sure what you mean by this.

Any investigator knows that when you have multiple people looking at the same event from different perspectives, they are not going to be exact mirror copies of each other. This is normal. In fact, investigators know that if they get statements that are word for word duplicates of each other, that this indicates they collaborated together to fabricate a story.

The Bible is exactly what we would expect from varying witnesses.

And honestly, I think this is exactly why Jesus didn't write a book himself.

Which is more compelling to you. Me writing a post "I am awesome. I am amazing, and build low income housing, and saved a child drowning, and rescued a dozen women from sex trafficing!".

Or a half dozen other people "I met Andy when he was stopping a group of sex traffickers." and other "I saw him the day he jumped into the ocean to save a child who was drowning" and another "I met him when we were working on building a house for a poor family"?

Obviously the witness accounts of other people, will have more validity, than me standing around saying how awesome I am.

And further, if I did write a book, and then all these other people were standing around saying "Yeah what he said in the book is all true!"... that still would be less convincing, because you would think that they were simply repeating what I wrote.

The Bible is exactly what it should be, to make the most convincing argument, that Jesus is exactly who he said he was.

But in the end Jesus was killed by the Romans, using a Roman style of execution.

Good thing too ... imagine millions of xtians around the world wearing little rocks around their necks. Most uncomfortable.

Conspiracy still gets you the death penalty. Jews conspired, and demanded that Jesus be killed.

They are all burning in the pits of hell for eternity.

It was the name. We thought he was an illegal from Mexico. And your Padres suck.
mmmm...gonna give you a 2 on that joke...

Because the Padres suck?
No...your joke does...well they do too but...I think your joke sucks harder.

Your joke really sucks.

Your joke sucks harder than a runaway teen at a truck stop.

Kill ONE Jesus and they never let you forget it!

" Christians" believe that GOD sent his son down to die for our sins. In other words; it was " fate" That being the case even IF the Jewish people did kill " Jesus" why all the hate?

Conspiracy still gets you the death penalty. Jews conspired, and demanded that Jesus be killed.

It was the name. We thought he was an illegal from Mexico. And your Padres suck.

Because the Padres suck?

Your joke really sucks.

You seem upset. Need a safe space? You would know suck since you’re a Padres fan.

Because the Padres suck?

Your joke really sucks.

You seem upset. Need a safe space? You would know suck since you’re a Padres fan.
No...but if you're gonna serve jokes...put some fuckin effort into it bro.
I thought you Jews were supposed to be funny?

Because the Padres suck?

Your joke really sucks.

You white trash racists don’t think

Because the Padres suck?

Your joke really sucks.

I know what I think...you're Heeb ass is going in the pit of fire to be with your father Satan.
Turn or burn Shlomo!

Kill ONE Jesus and they never let you forget it!

" Christians" believe that GOD sent his son down to die for our sins. In other words; it was " fate" That being the case even IF the Jewish people did kill " Jesus" why all the hate?

Well to Christians there is no hate. We support Israel and the Jews, which is exactly what Jesus commanded us to do.

We're just stating a fact, that the Jews killed the Messiah. All the prophecies that said the Jews would be punished, and the land of Israel given over to the pagans as punishment... that all happened.

And then of course the prophecy that G-d will still keep his promise to the Jewish people, and regather them to his land, again all happened, and is still happening.

Good thing too ... imagine millions of xtians around the world wearing little rocks around their necks. Most uncomfortable.
Oh, they'd probably learn to live with it...

iu

Because the Padres suck?

Your joke really sucks.

I know what I think...you're Heeb ass is going in the pit of fire to be with your father Satan.
Turn or burn Shlomo!
Fantastic! Cannot wait. Your primitive beliefs amuse me.

Forum List

Back