The Road of Life is Rarely a Straight Line...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Now take the life of Revolutionary War hereo, Marquis de La Fayette...one of my favs,

He goes home, and plays a role in another revolution, but sans the good outcome.

Two events on the same day, this day, in fact....

July 17, 1789 Marquis de La Fayette becomes commander of the French National Guard early in the Revolution.

July 17, 1791 Marquis de La Fayette, leading the Revolutionary National Guard, opened fire on a crowd of protestors, many paid by nobles, at Champ de Mars, the site of the Eiffel Tower, killing over 50, but restoring peace in Paris. His reputation never recovered.

The point?
How often do we see greatness, fame and honor at one point in a life, and then complete reversal....

Which brings me to President Ozymandias Obama....

July 17, 1791 Marquis de La Fayette, leading the Revolutionary National Guard, opened fire on a crowd of protestors, many paid by nobles, at Champ de Mars, the site of the Eiffel Tower, killing over 50, but restoring peace in Paris. His reputation never recovered.