The risks of climate disaster demand straight talking

For those in third world nations, figures like these have a definate negative impact. When you are already spending 60% to 70% of your available income on food, this is a disaster.

Grain Futures Update: updates, news and commentary on grain futures markets including wheat, corn, soybeans and more.

I think the Obama admins war on energy producers is having an even more dramatic effect. But that would be reality.

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

Our Glorious Leader, Barack Obama, has known about global warming longer than scientists have!

It's true, that's why he supported the Weathermen! Bill and Bernadine were visionaries.

For those in third world nations, figures like these have a definate negative impact. When you are already spending 60% to 70% of your available income on food, this is a disaster.

Grain Futures Update: updates, news and commentary on grain futures markets including wheat, corn, soybeans and more.

I think the Obama admins war on energy producers is having an even more dramatic effect. But that would be reality.

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

You mean with or without the President, the rates have not been going up every year?

How is a stalled system and extreme weather event? Ask the people in the Midwest. Professor Francis does not have to go the Greenland or anywhere else to study the weather. We do have satellite data, as well as numerous ground station, and weather balloons for studying the weather patterns.

Of course you are not going to watch her lecture, science is something you despise.

So Mr. history challenged...how much CO2 was in the atmosphere when this stalled weather pattern flooded the western states? Central CA was turned into an inland sea. The water was 30 miles wide and hundreds of miles long.

You are such a clueless dolt.

The Great Flood of 1862 or Noachian Deluge was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains (or snows in the high elevations) that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by record quantitative precipitation in January 9-12th, which contributed to a flood which extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon and through California to San Diego, and extended as far inland as Idaho in Washington Territory, Nevada and Utah in Utah Territory and Arizona in western New Mexico Territory.

It was climaxed by a warmer, more intense storm with much more rain that was made more serious by the earlier large accumulation of snow, now melted by the rain in the lower elevations of the mountains. Throughout the affected area, all the streams and rivers rose to great heights, flooded the valleys, inundated or swept away towns, mills, dams, flumes, houses, fences, and domestic animals, and ruined fields. Early estimates of property damage was at $10,000,000.[1] However, later it was estimated that approximately one-quarter of the taxable real estate in the state of California was destroyed in the flood. Dependent on property taxes, the State of California went bankrupt. The governor, state legislature, and state employees were not paid for a year and a half.[2]

Great Flood of 1862 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is a stalled system and extreme weather event? Ask the people in the Midwest. Professor Francis does not have to go the Greenland or anywhere else to study the weather. We do have satellite data, as well as numerous ground station, and weather balloons for studying the weather patterns.

Of course you are not going to watch her lecture, science is something you despise.

So Mr. history challenged...how much CO2 was in the atmosphere when this stalled weather pattern flooded the western states? Central CA was turned into an inland sea. The water was 30 miles wide and hundreds of miles long.

You are such a clueless dolt.

The Great Flood of 1862 or Noachian Deluge was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains (or snows in the high elevations) that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by record quantitative precipitation in January 9-12th, which contributed to a flood which extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon and through California to San Diego, and extended as far inland as Idaho in Washington Territory, Nevada and Utah in Utah Territory and Arizona in western New Mexico Territory.

It was climaxed by a warmer, more intense storm with much more rain that was made more serious by the earlier large accumulation of snow, now melted by the rain in the lower elevations of the mountains. Throughout the affected area, all the streams and rivers rose to great heights, flooded the valleys, inundated or swept away towns, mills, dams, flumes, houses, fences, and domestic animals, and ruined fields. Early estimates of property damage was at $10,000,000.[1] However, later it was estimated that approximately one-quarter of the taxable real estate in the state of California was destroyed in the flood. Dependent on property taxes, the State of California went bankrupt. The governor, state legislature, and state employees were not paid for a year and a half.[2]

Great Flood of 1862 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah and he is just as clueless about the real facts why people in poorer countries can`t afford corn & soybeans. As if either Bush or Regan would have encouraged the U.S. Navy to make demo flights with politically correct bio-jet fuel which costs almost 100 x than a fuel load with fossil oil based jp8 like it`s being done under Obama`s watch.
The same pattern existed in Canada. Saskatchewan was NDP, = even > to the left than the previous Liberals...they bankrupted Saskatchewan and during that time they also did the same for Manitoba. In Minnedosa they put up a "bio-fuel" plant...and the trucks bringing the corn & soybeans burnt more btu`s in real Diesel that what that plant can produce as bio-fuel. All the while Saskatchewan and Manitoba has Oil & Gas fields too...not just Alberta...!!! But these assholes stopped all drilling.
In Saskatchewan these asses got the boot and Sask. is now under a conservative Provincial Gov. and 2 years later had a SURPLUS.
Manitoba`s next prov. election is this fall and the same thing will happen here. We don`t have as many "OldRocks" as Oregon or N.Y.S. does thank God!

Dumb fuck. The absorption spectra of the GHGs was first mapped by Tyndall in England in 1858.

So, you're saying that Obama's support of the Weather Underground wasn't revolutionary? He was so dedicated to the Weathermen that I was sure he was fighting global warming.

Specifically, what factors might enter into the categorization of a person as a climatologist? When we read "97% of climatologists," from what sample is that figure
derived?

Specifically, what factors might enter into the categorization of a person as a climatologist? When we read "97% of climatologists," from what sample is that figure
derived?

That is an EXCELLENT question because climatology is a VERY multi-disciplinary science.. You have tree, ice, bug, paleo guys, you have math, modeling, chem dudes/dudettes, you have physicists, ecologists, biologists, oceanologists all specializing in "climate change".

The answer is usually "from surveys of published literature" counting the PRO papers versus the CON. But that only reflects topics of interest and SPONSORSHIP dollars -- doesn't it?

Believe me -- when an ORG endorses something -- they didn't POLL their membership for that position..

derived?

I have a PhD. in the Migration Patterns of Peruvian Sea Slugs. My doctorate is just a bit more useful than climatology - but they get better grants.

I tried to get the UN to recognize that human actions are stopping sea slug migrations, which will cause the world to end. I asked for a $1.4 trillion grant and the immediate revocation of civil rights for people in developed nations.

But the global warming people are getting all the funds and ending all the rights.

It's not fair, think of how many 40's I could buy with $1.4 trillion?

Dumb fuck. The absorption spectra of the GHGs was first mapped by Tyndall in England in 1858.

So, you're saying that Obama's support of the Weather Underground wasn't revolutionary? He was so dedicated to the Weathermen that I was sure he was fighting global warming.
You won`t get an intelligent answer from that freak. Boy the GW "scientists" sure got busy and "revised" Wikipedia about Tyndall...

John Tyndall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page was last modified on 26 July 2012 at 19:12.

Now he is a "prominent 19th century physicist. " and in reality he was a janitor working in a basement stoking the boiler.
Tyndall did not even have an IR spectroscope that could "map the absorption spectra" as OldRocks claims. To do that "mapping the spectrum" You need an IR that can scan, not just a simpleton setup which uses a filter on a fixed wavelength...besides, almost everything that Tyndall published was plagiarism
Frankland and Tyndall became good friends. On the strength of Frankland's prior knowledge, they decided to go to Germany to further their education in science. Among other things, Frankland knew that certain German universities were ahead of any in Britain in experimental chemistry and physics. (British universities were still focused on classics and mathematics and not laboratory science.) The pair moved to Germany in summer 1848 and enrolled at the University of Marburg, where Robert Bunsen was an influential teacher. Tyndall studied under Bunsen for two years.[5] Perhaps more influential for Tyndall at Marburg was Professor Hermann Knoblauch, with whom Tyndall maintained communications by letter for many years afterwards

Greenland was settled by the Vikings, but then it got too cold. Did the Vikings stop burning fossil fuels and create the Little Ice Age?

And what relevence are projecting into this proffer?
I'm projecting nothing.

The screed is a variation on Pascal's Wager, proffered by someone who admits that it's too complex an issue for him to tackle...Yet, somehow or another, not so complex that he can hold forth at length about how something needs to be done about it.

That's quite a keen observation, Oddball. Re-stated it boils down to:

I say that we MUST do something about this situation about which I understand so little that I cannot even claim to know that "it" exists.

As an added bonus, Trakar and his ilk (no proof required) have the conceit to believe that we have the ability to control the climate.

derived?

I think Mann's hockey stick describes it in more detail

And what relevence are projecting into this proffer?
I'm projecting nothing.

The screed is a variation on Pascal's Wager, proffered by someone who admits that it's too complex an issue for him to tackle...Yet, somehow or another, not so complex that he can hold forth at length about how something needs to be done about it.

That's quite a keen observation, Oddball. Re-stated it boils down to:

I say that we MUST do something about this situation about which I understand so little that I cannot even claim to know that "it" exists.

As an added bonus, Trakar and his ilk (no proof required) have the conceit to believe that we have the ability to control the climate.

I have peer reviewed this awesome post and concur 100%.

We have Consensus

Science = Settled

derived?

I think Mann's hockey stick describes it in more detail

On a two dimensional chart, it is impossible to see how much the blade of the hockey stick is curved!

I object.

:cool:

Forum List

Back