The Right To Bear Arms

FACT: The wording of the 2nd Amendment is confusing!

What exactly is "confusing" about THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

That is about as clear as it gets.

It's clear for those who don't want to understand the truth.

The right shall not be infringed. But what is the right? This is the hard part.

The right to bear arms is the right to be in the militia. Not the right to carry arms. The founding fathers were quite clear on that one.

So what should be the waiting period on buying a car? Background checks? Is driving even in the Constitution as a right?

Cars kill as many, but how often do people use cars out in public compared to how many use guns out in public?

I think you''ll find that the number of gun usages to deaths much lower than with cars.

What exactly is "confusing" about THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

The right to bear arms is the right to be in the militia. Not the right to carry arms. The founding fathers were quite clear on that one.

LOL! That's funny.

Then why doesn't the Constitution say the right shall not be infringed as long as you belong to a certain group?

I see more kids are being needlessly killed by firearms. Even an instructor was just killed by a 9-year-old kid being trained to use an uzi. This is madness.
How many were shot today in Chicago by gang criminals? They weren't out for a family day at the range. Tragic this happened? Yes. A reason we should all lose our 2A rights? No.

I notice the low-info types have taken to using Chicago as some sort of barometer of gun violence. What they don't know is that Chicago is 21st in the nation in gun deaths.

Turn off fux and educate yourself.

Despite recent shootings Chicago nowhere near U.S. 8216 murder capital 8217 Pew Research Center

Chicago and DC prove that disarming honest people is a failure. its too bad that the politicians who disarmed honest citizens cannot be tried as co-conspirators with the felons.

so that is why the founders said "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?

Oh they didn't say that

and there is NOTHING IN THE CONSTITUTION that properly empowered the FEDERAL government to interfere with our natural right to be armed

So what should be the waiting period on buying a car? Background checks? Is driving even in the Constitution as a right?

Cars kill as many, but how often do people use cars out in public compared to how many use guns out in public?

I think you''ll find that the number of gun usages to deaths much lower than with cars.
But cars were used as the excuse to regulate guns. Why?

I see more kids are being needlessly killed by firearms. Even an instructor was just killed by a 9-year-old kid being trained to use an uzi. This is madness.
How many were shot today in Chicago by gang criminals? They weren't out for a family day at the range. Tragic this happened? Yes. A reason we should all lose our 2A rights? No.

Why Chicago?

As I said, they're 21st in the nation.

Despite recent shootings Chicago nowhere near U.S. 8216 murder capital 8217 Pew Research Center

Where did anyone say anything about "losing Second Amendment rights".

Where? Post a link.

I notice the low-info types have taken to using Chicago as some sort of barometer of gun violence. What they don't know is that Chicago is 21st in the nation in gun deaths.

Chicago and DC prove that disarming honest people is a failure. its too bad that the politicians who disarmed honest citizens cannot be tried as co-conspirators with the felons.

Not true at all.

egttl0.gif

Not true at all.

how about proving that rather than squawking like a gun hating parrot.

all gun control does is disarm good people

only morons believe that those UNDETERRED by the punishment for rape, robbery or murder are somehow going to be controlled by laws against guns

====================

did you know Doctors kill over 500,000 people every year ? truth.., look it up............................, liberfool

[
But, since you nutters think cars and guns are the same ...

10155896_744578182230716_2127971220_n_zpsc4051d7b.jpg
the million morons really don't want guns treated like cars

here is why

I can buy a car in any state of the union
I can buy a car that is much more powerful than anything the cops have
I can buy cars without any waiting period or background check
I don't need a license to own a car, buy a car or operate a car on private property
My driver's license-which requires NO Classroom time or instruction if I am over 18, is good in all fifty states
no city or state bans my car or fails to recognize my license

go ahead Million morons against guns, lets get gun laws just like cars

and those morons don't realize its a felony to be drunk and in possession of a gun
you only get jail time with a car if you are actually OPERATING IT ON PUBLIC STREETS while drunk

and you get extra years in prison for having a gun while committing a crime. You don't get a mandatory 3 extra years in any state I know of for using a car to say facilitate a bank robbery

yep, the millions are morons

I'd be happy just getting universal background checks.

why do you support something that is worthless in decreasing crime and is being pushed as a reason to get registration?

For much the same reason I support speed limits and legal authorities to enforce them. Imagine what the highways would be without them.

To date, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has prevented more than two million convicted felons and other prohibited purchasers from buying guns. The law also has a deterrent effect—prohibited purchasers are less likely to try to buy guns when they know comprehensive background check requirements are in place.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business”€ of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though sometimes referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,”€ the “€œprivate sales”€ described above include firearms sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, a majority of states have yet to take any action to regulate the private sale of firearms. In order to guarantee that criminals, domestic abusers, the dangerously mentally ill and others are denied unchecked access to guns, the U.S. Congress should enact a federal law requiring universal background checks on all sales of firearms, including private sales.

Universal Background Checks Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Why Chicago?

As I said, they're 21st in the nation.

Where did anyone say anything about "losing Second Amendment rights".

Where? Post a link.

Why Chicago?

Maybe because Chicago had such a high rate of gun violence while having some of the strictest anti-gun laws on the books? And because Obama lived here.

I'd be happy just getting universal background checks.

why do you support something that is worthless in decreasing crime and is being pushed as a reason to get registration?

For much the same reason I support speed limits and legal authorities to enforce them. Imagine what the highways would be without them.

To date, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has prevented more than two million convicted felons and other prohibited purchasers from buying guns. The law also has a deterrent effect—prohibited purchasers are less likely to try to buy guns when they know comprehensive background check requirements are in place.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business”€ of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though sometimes referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,”€ the “€œprivate sales”€ described above include firearms sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, a majority of states have yet to take any action to regulate the private sale of firearms. In order to guarantee that criminals, domestic abusers, the dangerously mentally ill and others are denied unchecked access to guns, the U.S. Congress should enact a federal law requiring universal background checks on all sales of firearms, including private sales.

Universal Background Checks Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

every time someone is properly prevented from buying a gun through NICS that person has engaged in a federal felony of perjury. HOW MANY DENIED applicants who had lied on their form (IF YOU ADMIT ON YOUR 4473 that you are a felon etc, NO BACKGROUND CHECK IS CONDUCTED-rather the clerk refuses to sell you the gun) HAVE BEEN PROSECUTED. I was a DOJ attorney for almost 25 years and such cases almost never happened.

There is no gun show loophole. CONGRESS chose to impose the requirement to conduct BGCs only on those who engage in INTERSTATE COMMERCE. There is no sufficient nexus with interstate commerce to justify a federal universal BGC requirement.

and criminals in possession of weapons cannot be prosecuted for failing to conduct a BGC due to the fifth amendment

so you support a law that is unconstitutional, won't solve anything and DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO CRIMINALS

and anyone who understands the war on drugs realizes how futile it is to try to eliminate the black market with criminal sanctions

Forum List

Back