The Right To Bear Arms

Bless the kids! I believe the NRA has finally met its match.
200,000? Seriously? I had more people than that in my high school. :lmao:
An objective estimate of the crowd size determined that there were actually a little over 200,000 people.
And that’s with every radical left-wing organization pumping millions into it. Sorry Lak - 200,000 radicals aren’t going to take down a hundred million gun owners.

Fact check: How many people ACTUALLY showed up to march in DC?

What is the most cost effective solution?
Well the first question is: what is the most constitutional solution?

Then the next question becomes: what is the most effective solution?

It’s not until the third question that you ask: what is the most cost effective?

Only one solution properly meets the criteria of all three questions: firearms.

An objective estimate of the crowd size determined that there were actually a little over 200,000 people.
And that’s with every radical left-wing organization pumping millions into it. Sorry Lak - 200,000 radicals aren’t going to take down a hundred million gun owners.

200,000? Glenn Beck? That's fucking hilarious!

main_900.jpg

washington-dc-march-for-our-lives-demczuk-1.jpg

upload_2018-3-26_23-24-26.jpeg

march.jpg

10310930_web1_student-gun-protests_4593549.jpg

upload_2018-3-26_23-27-8.jpeg

5ab6f3103a2e78f1058b48d2-1536-1152.jpg

200,000? Glenn Beck? That's fucking hilarious!

main_900.jpg

washington-dc-march-for-our-lives-demczuk-1.jpg

View attachment 184928

march.jpg

10310930_web1_student-gun-protests_4593549.jpg

View attachment 184929

5ab6f3103a2e78f1058b48d2-1536-1152.jpg
How precious...you posted a bunch of pictures of the 200,000 person fascist rally. Looks a lot like my graduating class. :laugh:

What is the most cost effective solution?
Well the first question is: what is the most constitutional solution?

Then the next question becomes: what is the most effective solution?

It’s not until the third question that you ask: what is the most cost effective?

Only one solution properly meets the criteria of all three questions: firearms.
Muster the militia until crime drops.

As we have explained to you over and over, the militia has no authority over domestic legal issues. You continue to take stupid to unprecedented levels.

Now...for the hundredth time....Shhh! The adults are talking. We can’t keep getting interrupted by your childish comments and antics.

As we have explained to you over and over, the militia has no authority over domestic legal issues. You continue to take stupid to unprecedented levels.

Now...for the hundredth time....Shhh! The adults are talking. We can’t keep getting interrupted by your childish comments and antics.
Just more right wing fantasy? I make a motion all left wing policy provide for the contingency of a lack of a right wing, in support.

Where does the right wing come up with their blatant appeals to ignorance of the law?

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Why do they Always appeal to Ignorance of what the Militia is; it is not, the regular military.

second-amendment-on-parchment.png

The 2nd Amendment is only one sentence. One sentence. What are the first four words of that one sentence? "A well regulated militia." "Militia" is the subject. The NRA gun nutters are trying to interpret the 2nd Amendment by ignoring those first four words. Try reading it slowly with and without those four words. They have totally different meanings. One that applied at the time it was ratified and one that could apply today. The original version does NOT apply today.

Last edited:
All those armed citizens so eager to claim being prepared for the common defense (against vague threats), yet no movement to apply themselves peacefully and constructively to the clear and present danger. Stamping their feet and emitting oaths about how one rifle is not like another identical one, they totally ignore the atmosphere they are largely responsible for creating where sincere, empathetic discussion can not take place.
Those of us who rather like freedom, including firearms and the ease of obtaining them, are victims of both sides, but especially the fetishist 'gunners'.

The 2nd Amendment is only one sentence. One sentence. What are the first four words of that one sentence? "A well regulated militia." "Militia" is the subject. The NRA gun nutters are trying to interpret the 2nd Amendment by ignoring those first four words. Try reading it slowly with and without those four words. They have totally different meanings. One that applied at the time it was ratified and one that could apply today. The original version does NOT apply today.
Maybe if all those gun nuts turn their AR 15's in for muskets it would make more sense?

Maybe if all those gun nuts turn their AR 15's in for muskets it would make more sense?

I agree!

It is one sentence and reading the sentence in it’s entirety, it becomes painfully obvious that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

There was never a single moment in U.S. history where that was ever doubted or questioned until the Democrat Party became radicalized by communists, fascists, etc. In the 1700’s, everyone carried a firearm. In the 1800’s, cowboys in the west carried firearms despite never having been a part of a “militia”. Nobody questioned it or demanded that they surrender their firearms. In the 1900’s, everyone from hunters to the mafia carried firearms. Yet again, none were ever a part of a “militia” and it was never questioned. It wasn’t until the 1980’s that you see the communists influence on the Democrat Party start to seep in and gun control start to be demanded by the left.

You can troll all you want Laky...but this issue has been settled. All rights in the U.S. Constitution are individual rights, inalienable rights, and require absolutely no action by the part of the U.S. citizen to enjoy them. It really is that simple.

Interestingly enough, the “March for Our Lives” registered as a 501(c)(4) - which means they do not have to release their donor list. Well gee...I wonder why that would be. Why would a group claiming to be created by children for the express purpose of “protecting” children want to hide their donor list?

One would think that donors would be beaming proud to donate to an organization by children to protect children. Oops.

DARK MONEY: 10 anonymous donors ‘March For Our Lives’ is deliberately hiding

I suspect that the movement is missed timed...gun control is a losing issue for Democrats and the polls already show a trend against the Democrats because of this issue.

GOP Sees Reasons for Optimism in 2018 Midterms | RealClearPolitics

If YOU would read the one sentence honestly, you'd see the right belongs to the PEOPLE, not the militia. And, if you understood grammar, you'd know that subordinate clauses do not contain complete sentences and therefore do not constitute the main idea of the sentence.

By Peter Weber

That's the opinion of Rupert Murdoch's conservative New York Post. And it's not as far-fetched as it may seem.

Well, let's read the text of the Second Amendment, says Jeffrey Sachs at The Huffington Post:

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's astonishingly clear that "the Second Amendment is a relic of the founding era more than two centuries ago," and "its purpose is long past."

As Justice John Paul Stevens argues persuasively, the amendment should not block the ability of society to keep itself safe through gun control legislation. That was never its intent. This amendment was about militias in the 1790s, and the fear of the anti-federalists of a federal army. Since that issue is long moot, we need not be governed in our national life by doctrines on now-extinct militias from the 18th century.​

"Fair-minded readers have to acknowledge that the text is ambiguous," says Cass Sunstein at Bloomberg View. Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote the majority opinion in Heller, was laying out his interpretation of a "genuinely difficult" legal question, and "I am not saying that the court was wrong." More to the point: Right or wrong, obsolete or relevant, the Second Amendment essentially means what five justices on the Supreme Court say it means. So "we should respect the fact that the individual right to have guns has been established," but even the pro-gun interpretation laid out by Scalia explicitly allows for banning the kinds of weapons the shooter used to murder 20 first-graders. The real problem is in the political arena, where "opponents of gun control, armed with both organization and money, have been invoking the Second Amendment far more recklessly," using "wild and unsupportable claims about the meaning of the Constitution" to shut down debate on what sort of regulations might save lives.

More: Is the Second Amendment obsolete? - The Week

The Constitution exist only in the context of its case law, as interpreted by the Supreme Court, as authorized by the doctrine of judicial review.

Neither the Constitution nor any of its Amendments are ‘obsolete.’

Whatever the current case law might be concerning the Second Amendment, however, further restrictions, regulations, or even bans will do little to curtail gun violence.

The genius of the Constitution is it compels us to seek actual solutions to our many problems; be it abortion, campaign finance reform, or gun violence, the Constitution prevents us from taking the ‘easy route’ often taken by dictatorships and totalitarian regimes, where the liberty of the people is destroyed.

This does not mean we are helpless to do nothing, at the mercy of strict, unyielding jurisprudence protecting the rights of gun owners; rather, it means we must find solutions based on facts and evidence, and be prepared to address and acknowledge painful, embarrassing aspects of our society and culture.
A Army of Citizens are call a Militia this can be a group of people defending the USA with thier own weapons and ammo. This is most of the time done on the spur of a moment during a time of attack and does not refer to the US army of National Guard. I was reading some of the WWII lit the other night and the two things that Hitler feared was the Mafia and Americans with guns. Just something to think about.

Once again a mass shooting was averted because of more guns...not less.
Pulse wasn’t the killer’s intended target. It was Disney. At 10 pm, the killer arrived at the Disney World shopping and entertainment area. He used a stroller to conceal his weapon. Security camera footage shows him passing multiple police and security officers and even watching their movements. It apparently made him rethink his choice.

Good guys with guns stopped a terror attack on Disney that night, and they didn’t even know they were doing it. Imagine if more people open-carried. How many more attacks would that stop before they even got started?
I marvel at the left’s shameless ability to be wrong 24x7 but to continue with the same idiotic narrative.

The narrative for the Pulse nightclub killing just fell apart and the media doesn’t give a crap

I was reading some of the WWII lit the other night and the two things that Hitler feared was the Mafia and Americans with guns. Just something to think about.
It’s the exact same thing with muslims. They are tormenting citizens all over Europe (intimidating them, threatening them, etc.). But they don’t try that shit here at all. They know Americans carry firearms and will use them every time if necessary.

Forum List

Back