The Rich Don't Pay Enough?!

Actually, it does.
Money is taxed every time it changes hands, so by your moronic "logic" wages are taxed an infinite amount of times and therefore wages should not be taxed.

Since money is taxed every time it changes hands, cap gains should be taxed as it changes hands just like all other forms of income. cap Gains Tycoons are not too elite to pay taxes.

Well there's an ass kicking to decades of economists and tax experts. You must be right cuz you're on the internet! Go read something of value and get back to us.
Back to the appeal to authority fallacy again. It didn't work for you the last time you tried it, so how stupid do you have to be to expect it to work now?????

Well there's an ass kicking to decades of economists and tax experts.
No, it's an ass-kicking to decades of the economist you chose to read.

It is not a consensus belief among economists.

And you don't even seem capable of explaining in your own words why you agree with them.

Yes, I can see that from all the links in support of your position...:eusa_whistle:

I don't need to link to common sense or "serious economists". I gave you a perfectly clear example and all you can do is attempt a weak appeal to authority.

We don't have an revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

Fact.

Taxes are at a 50 year low. We could gut most agencies and we'd still be running a deficit. Bumper stickers are fun, but they're not a substitute for ideas.

I agree....but not necessarily taxes. If they were doing what, according to Reagan, they should be doing....trickling down...we wouldn't need to worry about taxation....because the viable tax base would be much larger and the need for government aid would be much less.

But since they refuse to do that? I don't give a shit if they tax the piss out of them.

You realize don't you if you tax the piss out of them they'll just move! Then what?

Then we revoke their citizenship....let them live in Communist China. We'll rebuild.

you'll rebuild with what?

$0.02

Capital gains should be taxed as income.

Reversing the Bush era tax breaks is 3%. That is not an outrageous sum.

However I thnk we need some kind of limits on those Congress critters and their spending. Raising revenue is not going to be worth a shit if they(both parties) keep spending like drunken sailors.

Capital Gains should be taxed as such...Capital Gains :D

Why? I'm not even necessarily saying I disagree, but why should some forms of income have priority over others?

Corporations are people, my friend. So capital gains are not double taxed -we tax people in this country, not dollars.

Did it kill capital investment last time we taxed it as ordinary income?

When capital gains taxes were lowered during the Clinton administration, revenue from these taxes exploded and the economy boomed. When you tax capital gains, you tax growth.

When capital gains taxes were cut in the the mid 1970's did the economy boom? The economy as already booming before Clinton cut the cap gains tax rate. Then we got...a bubble. Maybe the economy boomed with the Clinton tax cut because it greatly expanded the EITC.

When you tax labor, you tax growth. See how easy that is?

You've always been a man after my heart.

Nearly 50% of Americans are receiving a handout from the government in this country.

Why shouldn't they be paying taxes on the money they get from our taxpayer sources? Even if it is a small amount, they would be contributing and be more interested in tax cuts and hikes than what they are now.

Basis of this claim?

For those awaiting a "serious economist" for Flatminor:

The claim of double taxation comes via two erroneous claims. I'll explain why both are wrong:

1) The corporation pays taxes and then the person receiving the dividend income pays taxes.
This is wrong because the corporation and the person are both tax paying entities (That's why the SCOTUS defined corporations as having personhood. I doubt cons would like the results if corporate personhood was removed). In the US we tax income. In both cases ,the person is paying taxes in income.

2) The person is double taxed because they pay ordinary income tax on the money, then pay a tax on it when they cash in an investment. This is wrong for the obvious reason: The Capital Gains tax is applied to gains (additional income), not the initial investment.

Now For #2 you might make the case that the initial investment should be indexed. That's fine. But that doesn't mean the money is double taxed.

Actually, it does.

No, it doesn't. It's the same reason why estate and gift taxes aren't double taxation.

For almost a year, now. Meanwhile, you won't hear me saying I'm entitled to what I haven't earned.

You know -- like you do.

Leech.
ummm....why don't I believe you?
Did you know your disbelief does not alter reality one tiny bit, no matter how much you stamp your feet and pout?

True story!

sure....good news! The first of the month is two days away...Your check's in the mail.

you'll rebuild with what?

The usual leftist building materials: Unicorn farts and horseshit.

or repubs building it on the backs of illegals.
Oh, you mean the illegals the left wants to let in in violation of the law? The illegals the right wants to keep out so they're not using resources, committing crimes, and spitting on the legal immigrants who worked so hard to get there?

Those illegals? The ones you want to vote in our elections?

Did you know your disbelief does not alter reality one tiny bit, no matter how much you stamp your feet and pout?

True story!

sure....good news! The first of the month is two days away...Your check's in the mail.

My USAF retirement check is direct-deposited. So is my USACE job paycheck.

Why? Do you think you're entitled to some of that, too?

Oh....so you gettin' some of that "Gubmint" money, are you? Guess you'll get that for the rest of your life....probably with survivor's benefits for your family.....

Good for you.....Stop trying to fuck with my future....I didn't fuck with yours.

Oh....so you gettin' some of that "Gubmint" money, are you? Guess you'll get that for the rest of your life....probably with survivor's benefits for your family.....
Yes, I earned those with 20 years of uniformed service. And I pay premiums for the SBP.

It's funny the way you leftist morons try to call veteran's benefits welfare. :lol:

We EARNED them. I know that's a difficult concept for you to grasp.
Good for you.....Stop trying to fuck with my future....I didn't fuck with yours.
But you're sure as hell trying to, with your idiot leftist economic plans. Europe's circling the bowl and you want that same failed trash here?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

Yes, I earned those with 20 years of uniformed service. And I pay premiums for the SBP.

It's funny the way you leftist morons try to call veteran's benefits welfare. :lol:

We EARNED them. I know that's a difficult concept for you to grasp.
But you're sure as hell trying to, with your idiot leftist economic plans. Europe's circling the bowl and you want that same failed trash here?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

Really? I've been working for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for three years.longer than you did in the military....and I still have 12 to go before I can retire....
which I have no problem with....but all I see from you assholes is how you want to take it away from us. You also want to take away Social Security and Medicare that we've been paying into all our lives.

Guess it's all OK because you got yours.

Forum List

Back