The Rich Don't Pay Enough?!

The right's plan is to punish working folk till they don't have a damned pot to piss in.

Did you not read this?

1. According to IRS 2007 data, the richest 1 percent of Americans earned 22 percent of national personal income but paid 40 percent of all personal income taxes.

2. The top 5 percent earned 37 percent and paid 61 percent of personal income tax.

3. The top 10 percent earned 48 percent and paid 71 percent of all personal income taxes.

4. The bottom 50 percent earned 12 percent of personal income but paid just 3 percent of income tax revenues.

and you are bitching about Bushes tax code, why?

I am not talking about Bush's tax code. I am talking about the liberals who want to tax the rich even more when we have such a lopsided tax plan in force. The top 10 percent are already paying 71 % of the taxes and nearly 50% are receiving government handouts paying nothing in taxes. They should be contributing something and having an interest in the tax code of the nation.

Why shouldn't they when they use the same roads, education, infratstructure and more of the privileges than many others?

Let them be educated in candidates who want more or less in taxes and be part of the system.

Last edited:
Did you not read this?

1. According to IRS 2007 data, the richest 1 percent of Americans earned 22 percent of national personal income but paid 40 percent of all personal income taxes.

2. The top 5 percent earned 37 percent and paid 61 percent of personal income tax.

3. The top 10 percent earned 48 percent and paid 71 percent of all personal income taxes.

4. The bottom 50 percent earned 12 percent of personal income but paid just 3 percent of income tax revenues.

You're not too smart, are you? You're still talking about Federal income tax only, you're aperfect chump for the greedy rich.

That's thehe same federal income tax bs in another style. BUT, if you include ALL taxes and fees, the rich pay the same %wise as the poorest, 17%, and LESS than the middle class. Corporations pay 12%. You are full of Pubcrappe. Payroll taxes are now as much as income taxes, and fees go up every time Pubs cut taxes. Thanks for NOTHING, dupe.

Last edited:
The Rich Don't Pay Enough?

5. President Obama and the Democratic Party harp about tax fairness. Here's my fairness question to you:

What standard of fairness dictates that the top 10 percent of income earners pay 71 percent of the federal income tax burden while 47 percent of Americans pay absolutely nothing?

6. Here's the question for us:

Is the U.S. moving toward or away from the troubled EU nations? It turns out that our national debt to GDP ratio in the 1970s was 35 percent; now it's 106 percent of GDP. If you think we're immune from the economic chaos in some of the EU countries, you're whistling Dixie.

And when economic chaos comes, whom do you think will be more affected by it: rich people or poor people?

The Rich Don't Pay Enough? - Walter E. Williams - Page 2

These are the facts and they are being ignored by the MSM. Until the tax burden is shared by all, the entire population is not going to be talking or learning about tax cuts or raises and have no opinion about them. They will just be part of the 50% of the those willing to take government handouts regardless of the repercussions to the country as a whole.
How stupid do you have to be to expect an honest evaluation of taxes from a pathological liar like Williams???

If Williams were honest, and he isn't, he would have said top 1% of upper middle class WAGE EARNERS because the 2007 IRS data he is using does not include unrealized Capital Gains, and the truly wealthy 1% do not work for wages.

A REALLY bad idea. Capital gains is already double taxed. Besides, taxing it as income would kill capital investments in this country and that's where jobs are created.

Corporations are people, my friend. So capital gains are not double taxed -we tax people in this country, not dollars.

Did it kill capital investment last time we taxed it as ordinary income?

When capital gains taxes were lowered during the Clinton administration, revenue from these taxes exploded and the economy boomed. When you tax capital gains, you tax growth.

What is the upside of raising taxes on capital gains?
When you cut Cap Gains you get a boom followed by a BUST every time, and after the bust you are back where you were when you cut cap gains. Cap Gains should be set high and never ever ever changed. If you do that you get slow and steady growth without overheating the economy and you get off the boom and bust roller coaster that only benefits the cash rich.

The Rich Don't Pay Enough?

5. President Obama and the Democratic Party harp about tax fairness. Here's my fairness question to you:

What standard of fairness dictates that the top 10 percent of income earners pay 71 percent of the federal income tax burden while 47 percent of Americans pay absolutely nothing?

6. Here's the question for us:

Is the U.S. moving toward or away from the troubled EU nations? It turns out that our national debt to GDP ratio in the 1970s was 35 percent; now it's 106 percent of GDP. If you think we're immune from the economic chaos in some of the EU countries, you're whistling Dixie.

And when economic chaos comes, whom do you think will be more affected by it: rich people or poor people?

The Rich Don't Pay Enough? - Walter E. Williams - Page 2

These are the facts and they are being ignored by the MSM. Until the tax burden is shared by all, the entire population is not going to be talking or learning about tax cuts or raises and have no opinion about them. They will just be part of the 50% of the those willing to take government handouts regardless of the repercussions to the country as a whole.

tell you what....when they start paying real wages and stop looking for slave labor that is fucking up our economy, when they stop influence buying our government to take more and more wealth OUT of this country and INTO other ones, when they don't have loopholes that only THEY can take advantage of? I'll listen.....until then? I refuse to feel sorry for millionaires and billionaires and their sob stories.

You're right though....the Federal tax burden SHOULD be shared by all....so let's get real jobs with real wages and benefits so that they don't have to rely on Gubmint nearly as much and CAN pay more into the system. Until then? I refuse to feel sorry for the people who are the cause for the situation.

Where was you computer made? Your smartphone?

The American Liberal is the least likely demographic in America to buy the products made by an American union-wage worker.

Will it ever dawn on you that YOU are the one demanding slave-wages?

Did you not read this?

I am not talking about Bush's tax code. I am talking about the liberals who want to tax the rich even more when we have such a lopsided tax plan in force. The top 10 percent are already paying 71 % of the taxes and nearly 50% are receiving government handouts paying nothing in taxes. They should be contributing something and having an interest in the tax code of the nation.

Why shouldn't they when they use the same roads, education, infratstructure and more of the privileges than many others?

Let them be educated in candidates who want more or less in taxes and be part of the system.

It is / was one thing to make an argument in days gone by that the rich should pay a progressive tax, back in the days when our Federal taxes actually went to running the business of government (military and our many bureaucracies, for example).

But those days are long gone. Now, the majority of Federal spending is REDISTRIBUTIVE, thanks directly to the explosion of entitlement spending:

entitlements-historical-tax-levels-606.jpg

In fact, in just a few sort decades every dime of tax money collected will be consumed by entitlement redistribution.

The rich are paying way, way more than their 'share' of running government. The middle and more specifically the working class is paying way, way too little for the goodies they are currently consuming and will be gobbling down in the future.

Nobody ever talks about this.

...a pathological liar like Williams...

And where did you get your PhD in Economics?

Or maybe you're self taught...in which case you can explain with specificity how Dr Williams is a "pathological liar".

This ought to be interesting...:popcorn:

Or maybe you're self taught...in which case you can explain with specificity how Dr Williams is a "pathological liar".

I already did, which is why you edited it out of my post proving that YOU know he's a pathological liar also but you are too dishonest to admit it.

I already did, which is why you edited it out of my post proving that YOU know he's a pathological liar also but you are too dishonest to admit it.

Ah! The "Because I said so" defense.

Brilliant...

$0.02

Capital gains should be taxed as income.

Reversing the Bush era tax breaks is 3%. That is not an outrageous sum.

However I thnk we need some kind of limits on those Congress critters and their spending. Raising revenue is not going to be worth a shit if they(both parties) keep spending like drunken sailors.

Why should the government get more, because it does such a good job of spending the money it already gets?

Government should get less of your checks, not more.

Only a tick on the ass of society could possibly believe government doesn't take enough of our money.
314362_403201169729524_2137452359_n.jpg

The modern liberal is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for covetousness.

Ah! The "Because I said so" defense.

Brilliant...
No. The because YOU edited it out offense.

The left's plan is to punish those that succeed as much as possible.
After all who do they think they are....

Other people work just as hard and are just as smart.
How dare they have more then others...

The right's plan is to punish working folk till they don't have a damned pot to piss in.

I forget -- which particular The Man is keeping you down?

Why should a single solitary American pay a dime of income tax as long as there is a solyndra, a fast and furious, and trip to Vegas>> Oh god at the waste and everyone just yells tax them more.
Hush, woman. Big Dem Party donors are entitled to huge wodges of cash. It's in the Constitution somewhere.

Right, USMB lefties?

I agree....but not necessarily taxes. If they were doing what, according to Reagan, they should be doing....trickling down...we wouldn't need to worry about taxation....because the viable tax base would be much larger and the need for government aid would be much less.

But since they refuse to do that? I don't give a shit if they tax the piss out of them.

You realize don't you if you tax the piss out of them they'll just move! Then what?

Then we revoke their citizenship....let them live in Communist China. We'll rebuild.

Sounds like you'd be right at home in Communist China. Why don't you move there, and stop trying to turn the US into Communist China? Kthnxbai.

It is / was one thing to make an argument in days gone by that the rich should pay a progressive tax, back in the days when our Federal taxes actually went to running the business of government (military and our many bureaucracies, for example).

But those days are long gone. Now, the majority of Federal spending is REDISTRIBUTIVE, thanks directly to the explosion of entitlement spending:

entitlements-historical-tax-levels-606.jpg

In fact, in just a few sort decades every dime of tax money collected will be consumed by entitlement redistribution.

The rich are paying way, way more than their 'share' of running government. The middle and more specifically the working class is paying way, way too little for the goodies they are currently consuming and will be gobbling down in the future.

Nobody ever talks about this.

Total Pubcrappe spam from the king of the dupes...

A) The rich pay LESS %wise than the rest in all taxes and fees, MORON

B) Your graph supposes that medical costs will keep doubling every 8 years like the BS Pub "system" we have now. Romneycare has already proved Obamacare will limit cost rises and obliterate your stupid graph.

C) Without ANOTHER PUB depression, welfare and UE costs will flatline. But thanks for the moronic Pubcrappe. You'd think a Pub Depression means we have to go back to the 1920's as far as social justice goes. Idiot. A-hole. Dupe.

It is not double taxed.

I would agree with you but you're wrong.

Again.

Read up.

Good luck.

I'm not wrong. You're relying on an interpretation. Corporations, a tax paying entity, pay taxes on their net income. Those corporations then pass income to others, who pay taxes on the income.

The person is not double taxed. The corporation is not double taxed. I'd agree with you if you were right.

G'luck.

It is not double taxed.

Again.

Read up.

Good luck.

I'm not wrong. You're relying on an interpretation. Corporations, a tax paying entity, pay taxes on their net income. Those corporations then pass income to others, who pay taxes on the income.

The person is not double taxed. The corporation is not double taxed. I'd agree with you if you were right.

G'luck.

Read up pal. Start with the link provided. You're simply wrong, once more.

When one group, the richest, triple or quadruple their wealth, and the rest and the country go to Hell, they're not paying enough. DUH.

I agree....but not necessarily taxes. If they were doing what, according to Reagan, they should be doing....trickling down...we wouldn't need to worry about taxation....because the viable tax base would be much larger and the need for government aid would be much less.

But since they refuse to do that? I don't give a shit if they tax the piss out of them.

You realize don't you if you tax the piss out of them they'll just move! Then what?

Unlike in the fantasyland of John Galt, we'll replace them. Ciao.

Where will they move? Mitt Romney's income was taxed at 13.9% and he still felt the need to park large amounts of money in offshore tax shelters. How low does it need to be to encourage people to stay?

Again.

Read up.

Good luck.

G'luck.

Read up pal. Start with the link provided. You're simply wrong, once more.
Ah! The "because someone on the inter webs said so" defense.

Pal, I can't be held responsible if you don't understand the issue. Just because you found a link that makes the claim doesn't make it true.

Try responding with your own thoughts instead of relying a foundation created to explicitly argue against government and taxes. Why do you defer to them instead of responding to what I actually wrote? One begins to thinks you don't know how to answer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back