The return of Sarah Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a SIMPLE QUESTION

I can’t understand why you have an issue
it doesnt make sense since you think birth control pills are more effective than abstinence and saying palin was a hypocrite because her daughter got pregnant,, both of those are wrong,,
so its you with the memory problem not me,,

it doesnt make sense since you think birth control pills are more effective than abstinence and saying palin was a hypocrite because her daughter got pregnant,, both of those are wrong,,
so its you with the memory problem not me,,

Birth control pills ARE effective

Are you a DOCTOR?
Are you a WOMAN?

,,,,,,”&$(,,,,,,, c

I can SEE RUSSIA FROM MY HOUSE
“One of the top political misquotes of all time.”

Political commentator Ana Navarro poked fun at Sarah Palin Monday, saying the former vice presidential candidate once claimed to be able to see Russia from her house.

Verdict: False

Comedian Tina Fey made the remark while impersonating Palin on Saturday Night Live (SNL). The Christian Science Monitor ranks the expression “I can see Russia from my house!” as one of the top 10 political misquotes of all time.

***snip***

Back in 2008, ABC News traveled to Alaska to interview Palin, who served as governor at the time. “Let’s start, because we are near Russia, let’s start with Russia,” said ABC anchor Charlie Gibson in a series of questions on national security.

Gibson asked Palin what insights she had gained because of her state’s proximity to Russia.

“They’re our next door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska,” Palin responded.

According to Slate magazine, that’s true – two islands, Big Diomede and Little Diomede, that fall on either side of the maritime border with Russia are visible to one another on a clear day, and the Russian mainland can be seen from high ground on St. Lawrence Island.

“I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia,” Palin continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back